Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Best Exhaust for 996 GT3?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-17-2010, 10:26 AM
Bonsaimaster is infamous around these parts
Best Exhaust for 996 GT3?

I would like to know the blogs thoughts on the best exhaust for the GT3? Looking for increase in performance not changing the sound. I have seen many combination but no definitive choice. What about headers? Useful or not?

Some options:
Fabspeed
Caragraphic
Europipe
Best overall exhaust?: Akrapovic titanium complete exhaust
To bypass or not?
Headers or not?
Don't change exhaust!

Old 07-17-2010, 11:19 AM
Administrator
GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !
if you are looking for an increase in performance get a lwfw instead...I don't think any of the exhausts increase performance much if any...the stock headers are pretty decent as well...I have only had the stock system, bypass pipes and Cargraphic mufflers on mine...each has a different sound but similar performance on the butt dyno....you can spend a lot on a complete system for little gain and might have smog inspection issues

Old 07-17-2010, 02:40 PM
PJS
PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !
I had a custom set up that included headers and gained 20+ whp on a dyno jet

although it changed the sound substantially

Old 07-17-2010, 03:19 PM
Street legal? Who made in? Pics?

Old 07-17-2010, 03:42 PM
CarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by GT3 Chuck
if you are looking for an increase in performance get a lwfw instead...I don't think any of the exhausts increase performance much if any...the stock headers are pretty decent as well...I have only had the stock system, bypass pipes and Cargraphic mufflers on mine...each has a different sound but similar performance on the butt dyno....you can spend a lot on a complete system for little gain and might have smog inspection issues
+1. These motors are pretty much topped out from the factory. If you want more acceleration performance a LWFW and 4.0 R&P is the way to go. Otherwise do a 3.8 or get a Turbo.

Old 07-17-2010, 03:59 PM
PJS
PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Bonsaimaster
Street legal? Who made in? Pics?
I can post more later but if you googled "advanced street performance" and got to their website and clicked on porsche - there are some pics and dyno graphs

however the fabricator who was half owner of the business is no longer a part of the company... BUT he is my tech and is out on his own so if you were interested I could give you his contact #.... he is currently setting up a build schedule for custom projects and is doing headers and exhaust for a clk bs out of iconel...

I have since sold the car with the exhaust and the new owner is enjoying it as well

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOVcI...=youtube_gdata

Old 07-17-2010, 04:32 PM
PJS
I forgot
he can make it in center exit or dual exit
it passed emissions in wa state without cats

he can make it with or without cats

he just made another system for a local .1rs that is likely going on my car next season

Old 07-17-2010, 04:51 PM
Love to get info and cost. Also any dyno results.
Thanks!

Last edited by Bonsaimaster; 07-18-2010 at 01:26 AM.
Old 07-17-2010, 09:58 PM
CarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by PJS
I can post more later but if you googled "advanced street performance" and got to their website and clicked on porsche - there are some pics and dyno graphs

however the fabricator who was half owner of the business is no longer a part of the company... BUT he is my tech and is out on his own so if you were interested I could give you his contact #.... he is currently setting up a build schedule for custom projects and is doing headers and exhaust for a clk bs out of iconel...

I have since sold the car with the exhaust and the new owner is enjoying it as well

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOVcI...=youtube_gdata
Still the best sounding system I've heard to date!

Old 07-17-2010, 10:31 PM
LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !
I had a full Milltek system on mine an picked up 15whp with it.

Old 07-19-2010, 10:41 PM
On Pole is a jewel in the roughOn Pole is a jewel in the roughOn Pole is a jewel in the rough
EuroPipe or Cargraphic

Old 07-19-2010, 11:00 PM
GT3 Mike is a name known to allGT3 Mike is a name known to allGT3 Mike is a name known to allGT3 Mike is a name known to allGT3 Mike is a name known to allGT3 Mike is a name known to all
Originally Posted by PJS
I forgot
he can make it in center exit or dual exit
it passed emissions in wa state without cats

he can make it with or without cats

he just made another system for a local .1rs that is likely going on my car next season
I heard PJS' custom exhaust on his old 6GT3 in person. Sounds terrific.

Old 07-19-2010, 11:05 PM
marcnv is infamous around these parts
Sharkwerks

Old 07-20-2010, 08:33 AM
DT007 is infamous around these parts
I'm the proud owner of PJ's old 6GT3 in the video. I can attest that it is wicked, both power and sound. I've also delt with the guy who made the system (ASP) and he has been great to work with.

Attached Images     
Old 07-20-2010, 09:06 AM
PJS
oh how I miss that car...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Best Exhaust for 996 GT3?