GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

wow.. nice orange 08 gt3 for sale

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-26-2010, 12:43 PM
wiz
wiz is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by riverflyer
I just made that switch. I do miss the rush of the turbos spooling but the gt3 is a wonderful car with such poise and awesome steering feel and that redline song is so seductive...
Sounds sorta like your unsure of the switch.

I'm curious about what you feel the positives and negatives are of that switch. From the horses mouth, as it where.

Old 07-26-2010, 05:03 PM
911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute
Very interested in your opinions as well.

FYI

http://new-country.porschedealer.com...ned/search.php

2007 GT3 for $82K (yellow)
2010 GT3 for $120K (nice options- 1000 miles)

I just happened across these - no affiliation to seller.

Originally Posted by wiz

I'm curious about what you feel the positives and negatives are of that switch. From the horses mouth, as it where.

Old 07-28-2010, 12:29 PM
YoopsRacing is infamous around these parts
a CPO'd 1500 mile 08 GT3 could fetch 90-100+k from a Porsche dealer all day long. Not that many/any here will pay this for it

Yes 08 GT3s can be had for 80k, but not with 1500miles and definitely not from any Porche dealer that is offering a CPO with it....my guess the absolute lowest this car will sell for from this dealer is 95k and they probably won't even entertain this offer....

Old 07-28-2010, 01:03 PM
acf
acf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to behold
Btw... those with RS GT3's, I have a question. How does the rear plastic window hold up over time? Does it scratch easy? How about if the car is sitting in the sun? I've seen some plastics get "foggy" in the sun, with heat if you know what I mean...

Old 07-28-2010, 05:14 PM
Bill in Atlanta has much to be proud ofBill in Atlanta has much to be proud ofBill in Atlanta has much to be proud ofBill in Atlanta has much to be proud ofBill in Atlanta has much to be proud ofBill in Atlanta has much to be proud ofBill in Atlanta has much to be proud ofBill in Atlanta has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by aaronchanfilms
Btw... those with RS GT3's, I have a question. How does the rear plastic window hold up over time? Does it scratch easy? How about if the car is sitting in the sun? I've seen some plastics get "foggy" in the sun, with heat if you know what I mean...
RS' in USA doesnt have plastic rear window...only in Europe

Old 07-28-2010, 05:14 PM
acf
acf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to behold
Sweet!

Originally Posted by bill in atlanta
rs' dont have plastic rear window...only in europe

Old 07-28-2010, 05:33 PM
ubiquitous is infamous around these parts
Go for the GT3! I wish they were as cheap in Canada/Asia as they are in the states

My cup has the plastic windows and the cup sits outdoors in the sun but no weird hazing over it. But like someone mentioned the US versions have glass.

gt3 is the ultimate drivers car imo, and you don't really need 4 wheel drive down there in Cali.

Old 07-28-2010, 05:35 PM
acf
well put!

btw, I see you're from vancouver. Im originally from there, born and raised.

Originally Posted by ubiquitous
Go for the GT3! I wish they were as cheap in Canada/Asia as they are in the states

My cup has the plastic windows and the cup sits outdoors in the sun but no weird hazing over it. But like someone mentioned the US versions have glass.

gt3 is the ultimate drivers car imo, and you don't really need 4 wheel drive down there in Cali.

Old 07-28-2010, 05:43 PM
ubiquitous is infamous around these parts
left for sunnier skies? lol

were you thinking of getting the gt3 or the rs version?

Old 07-28-2010, 07:30 PM
acf
left for work, but im not complaining about the sunny weather

Im just entertaining the idea right now. Gonna do a little more research first...

Originally Posted by ubiquitous
left for sunnier skies? lol

were you thinking of getting the gt3 or the rs version?

Old 07-28-2010, 08:52 PM
vbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant future
Very interested to know about Gt3 from former 996tt owners. I am in the camp that thinking of making a switch to NA cars.

Old 07-29-2010, 05:46 AM
DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !
I'm considering it as well, but will keep the turbo, the GT3 sounds like a much more rewarding car on the track.

Originally Posted by vbmw335
Very interested to know about Gt3 from former 996tt owners. I am in the camp that thinking of making a switch to NA cars.

Old 07-29-2010, 06:35 AM
BartN (TX) has a spectacular aura aboutBartN (TX) has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by wiz

I did the same switch, from an 01 Turbo to a 07 GT3, and have absolutely zero regrets. Zilch.

While I liked the push of the turbos I was never a fan of the lag. If you're going to track the car, fugetaboutit! I never realized how much the turbo sucked at going around corners (even with GT3 sways and PSS9's) until I did the same tracks in my stock GT3. BTW, due to the weight savings, tire and brakes pads last a bit longer as well.

Everyone says it but you have to experience it personally to understand, you just 'feel' this car more. You feel the steering, brakes, grip, hear the engine and realize how isolated you were in the turbo. It's a back to the essentials kind of car.

My turbo was a chipped stock car so I can't say much about the guys coming from 650+hp cars to the GT3 but I can say that I go out to my garage frequently and think 'why didn't I do this sooner'.

Just my $.02. Hope it helps.

Last edited by BartN (TX); 07-29-2010 at 08:02 AM.
Old 07-29-2010, 07:42 AM
Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !
I am pondering the same idea, wow my wife will kill me
I need to find someone in NJ to get a ride in a gt3

Last edited by Blockhed; 07-29-2010 at 07:46 AM.
Old 07-29-2010, 08:04 AM
BartN (TX) has a spectacular aura aboutBartN (TX) has a spectacular aura about
My wife wasn't on board either. And then I talked her into stopping by the dealership and looking at it.

She walked in, stood there for a moment, and said 'You NEED to buy this car!'. Didn't help that the salesman was standing next to us!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: wow.. nice orange 08 gt3 for sale