Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

2010 red RS look on my 2007 GT3

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-26-2010, 09:25 PM
marcw has much to be proud ofmarcw has much to be proud ofmarcw has much to be proud ofmarcw has much to be proud ofmarcw has much to be proud ofmarcw has much to be proud ofmarcw has much to be proud ofmarcw has much to be proud ofmarcw has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by OmahaGT
It came from Cargraphic through Road Sport Supply. The finish isn't that great for painting and the wing blade hits the paint when engine compartment is opened, motorsport grade. The decklid is lightweight carbon kevlar though.

I'd look into the wing that moves. Aeromotion I think..
Thanks... do you have a good picture of it? I am thinking about one. Alex is making me very cautious though

Old 07-27-2010, 02:15 PM
RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !
Looks great!

Old 07-27-2010, 02:32 PM
medici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud ofmedici78 has much to be proud of
Looks great, except I am not for the poseur style with GT3 RS script. If the same stripes simply said "GT3" then it would be awesome. My GT3 has been fitted with actual GT3 RS fenders (major surgery required!) and it still simply says "GT3" on the tail.

Old 07-27-2010, 02:37 PM
Banned
GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by OmahaGT
It came from Cargraphic through Road Sport Supply. The finish isn't that great for painting and the wing blade hits the paint when engine compartment is opened, motorsport grade. The decklid is lightweight carbon kevlar though.
When you put an RS wing on the GT3 you need to change the decklid shock (it's shorter on the RS's) so as to prevent that contact.
I went through that with my yellow GT3.

Ranger

Old 07-27-2010, 02:46 PM
marcw has much to be proud ofmarcw has much to be proud ofmarcw has much to be proud ofmarcw has much to be proud ofmarcw has much to be proud ofmarcw has much to be proud ofmarcw has much to be proud ofmarcw has much to be proud ofmarcw has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by GT3Ranger
When you put an RS wing on the GT3 you need to change the decklid shock (it's shorter on the RS's) so as to prevent that contact.
I went through that with my yellow GT3.

Ranger
Where did you get your GT3 RS wing from? I am researching now

Old 07-27-2010, 03:50 PM
Misanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant future
^^ OEM is a route, but its very expensive. I think it costs around 10k! There is also the Vorsteiner wing, and I believe Mashaw a board sponsor also makes an RS replica wing.

Old 07-27-2010, 04:00 PM
Originally Posted by Misanors4
^^ OEM is a route, but its very expensive. I think it costs around 10k! There is also the Vorsteiner wing, and I believe Mashaw a board sponsor also makes an RS replica wing.

Yep, know all that thanks... I am really trying to solicit quality reports on the aftermarket wings. I have talked to Mashaw, Porsches price is stupid.

Old 07-27-2010, 05:48 PM
speedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by marcw
Yep, know all that thanks... I am really trying to solicit quality reports on the aftermarket wings. I have talked to Mashaw, Porsches price is stupid.
aftermarket quality/fitment is hit or miss. just beware you could end up spending more plus a headache. oem fits like glove but price is stink. maybe you can ask fred what he did to his .2 rs wing and if he's selling it. i don't think anyone has put on .2 rs wing on .1 gt3 yet but i think it fits (save the intake stuff).

Old 07-27-2010, 07:15 PM
JEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond repute
I like it.

I would have not put the RS at the end but you probably had no choice.

Looks great though, actually thought it was a 2010 RS before I read the title.

Jason

Old 07-27-2010, 07:30 PM
drnano is a splendid one to beholddrnano is a splendid one to beholddrnano is a splendid one to beholddrnano is a splendid one to beholddrnano is a splendid one to beholddrnano is a splendid one to behold
Car looks amazing, one of the best GT3s I have seen.

However, I don't think the GT3RS side sticker is appropriate - its not an RS, why pretend like it is? Keep everything and delete the side decal and it will be perfect.

I don't write 'African-American' on my census form, even though it may help my rap career.

Old 07-28-2010, 06:14 AM
Banned
GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by speedoflight
aftermarket quality/fitment is hit or miss. just beware you could end up spending more plus a headache. oem fits like glove but price is stink. maybe you can ask fred what he did to his .2 rs wing and if he's selling it. i don't think anyone has put on .2 rs wing on .1 gt3 yet but i think it fits (save the intake stuff).
As you said, the .2 RS wing fits onto the twin air boxes which the .1 GT3/RS's and .2 GT3 don't have. Therefore one would have to buy and retro-fit the new airbox system. Should not be a problem just more $$$.
As usual.

Ranger

Old 07-28-2010, 10:24 AM
Originally Posted by GT3Ranger
As you said, the .2 RS wing fits onto the twin air boxes which the .1 GT3/RS's and .2 GT3 don't have. Therefore one would have to buy and retro-fit the new airbox system. Should not be a problem just more $$$.
As usual.

Ranger

Ranger is your wing OEM of aftermarket?

Old 08-16-2010, 09:16 PM
OmahaGT Is a GOD !OmahaGT Is a GOD !OmahaGT Is a GOD !OmahaGT Is a GOD !OmahaGT Is a GOD !OmahaGT Is a GOD !OmahaGT Is a GOD !OmahaGT Is a GOD !OmahaGT Is a GOD !OmahaGT Is a GOD !OmahaGT Is a GOD !

Attached Images      
Old 08-17-2010, 08:45 PM
OmahaGT Is a GOD !OmahaGT Is a GOD !OmahaGT Is a GOD !OmahaGT Is a GOD !OmahaGT Is a GOD !OmahaGT Is a GOD !OmahaGT Is a GOD !OmahaGT Is a GOD !OmahaGT Is a GOD !OmahaGT Is a GOD !OmahaGT Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by luiscarlos
The RS is not good in a narrow gt3
Who says I don't have a nice butt?

Attached Images  
Old 08-17-2010, 09:18 PM
caltex is a name known to allcaltex is a name known to allcaltex is a name known to allcaltex is a name known to allcaltex is a name known to allcaltex is a name known to all
Even though its not a "real" RS it looks cool and it shows your love for the car... Have fun and enjoy it! That's what its all about anyway...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2010 red RS look on my 2007 GT3