Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Lightweight battery option code ZLB - standard equipment. What's this?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-26-2010, 03:12 PM
masmole is infamous around these parts
Lightweight battery option code ZLB - standard equipment. What's this?

Stopped by the dealer to get visual confirmation and hard copy of my 2011 GT3 order specs as it was entered into the system.

Noticed the code ZLB "lightweight battery" showing as a no-cost option with $0 next to it. I just want a normal battery for fear a lightweight one would not be as robust and retain a charge as long when garaged. The dealer claims they've never seen this option before and apparently it's different from the GT3 RS's $1700 lightweight Lithium Ion battery which has option code 191. They tried to remove the option and the system would not let them.

Any idea what this ZLB lightweight battery which I assume is not Lithium Ion is doing in my order? I guess it's standard equipment.

Old 07-26-2010, 05:16 PM
juancooldude is infamous around these parts
Its not the Lit-Ion battery..but it is a (slightly) lighter than the norm 911 battery.

Old 07-27-2010, 01:30 PM
timothy is infamous around these parts
I didn't spec light weight lithium battery, but on my window sticker there is $0 option light weight attery option. I opened the battery cover and obviously it is not the Li-ion but a not too big battery.

Old 07-27-2010, 05:37 PM
Leigh2 is infamous around these parts
I'd look to see what the difference is. A few pounds doesn't make any difference to the performance and definitely not worth the aggravation of a short-life or weak battery IMO.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.