Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

New 3 and Shark tale as well....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-26-2010, 08:01 PM
riverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud of
New 3 and Shark tale as well....

I have to admit, I have been shamelessly picking Alex's brain about info on the GT3, set up, etc. for some time now.
He has been gracious, patient and always willing to answer questions, no matter how stupid

I recently picked up a GT3.1 and have now logged about 400 miles. Awesome car, although that high rpm band may get me in trouble as there are lots of great empty roads up here and as you know, the speed piles on quickly.
It was like the seller was saving the car for me it is so clean and carefully used. I have checked out literally hundreds of cars over the years and rarely do you find one so nice that is 3 years old with 11k on the clock. When the car dudes say "as new" in this case its true.

When I told Alex about the new whip and asked about the center muffler delete exhaust he turned me on to one being sold at a great price on this boad. Not only that, but he sent me install instructions which were spot on. Although it took me longer that he estimated, it was fun and informative for someone who is not much of a wrench.

So in this increasingly competitive world where most calls to guys like him are 3 layers into voicemail, receptionists or worse---the dreaded overseas call center, my hat is off to Sharkwerks and Alex for caring enough to keep it real. Thanks Alex.

I promised I would go easy on mods this time. Oh, you tried that one as well??
So far, Sharkwerks center muffler delete and HRE comps with some new MPSC's.
The exhaust sounds awesome, especially after about 6k and I like the option to "detune" it for just cruising around.
Happy to join this part of the forum, John

Attached Images     
Old 07-26-2010, 08:32 PM
shaq93 is infamous around these parts
nice car man, relly clean

Old 07-26-2010, 08:36 PM
911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute
I can't agree more!

Alex has answered every single question (even the dumb ones) I've asked him about my TT. He's directed me to others with used items for sale that I needed when he could have easily told me to buy it new from him. It's rare indeed to find such a helpful, friendly and patient person these days. He and Sharkwerks are a class act and have helped me tremendously along the way with this being my first Porsche.

Thanks again everyone at Sharkwerks - you guys are amazing.

Old 07-26-2010, 08:44 PM
Banned
porka has a brilliant futureporka has a brilliant futureporka has a brilliant futureporka has a brilliant futureporka has a brilliant futureporka has a brilliant futureporka has a brilliant futureporka has a brilliant futureporka has a brilliant futureporka has a brilliant futureporka has a brilliant future
great upgrade!

is it really that much different from a 996 turbo? i know it must handle better and have an updated look!

i want to eventually buy a gt3, but i plan to keep the turbo

let me know

Old 07-26-2010, 08:53 PM
riverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud of
My tt had KW3 and it handled really well. The 3 is crisper, better steering feel, but the difference is not like night and day, just a subtle gradation.
One thing I noticed is the chasis is much improved. Much more rigid. I have a water curb at my driveway entrance for the winter downpours and in every car I have owned, you take the nice angle, go slow and its all fine. In the 3 the stiffer chasis shows up clearly in this maneuver.
Both great cars, although unless your tt has really big hp, doubt you will drive it enough.

I think the real answer to your question and something that has popped up in my mind already, might have the number 2 in it

Old 07-26-2010, 10:46 PM
mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !
alex and gang are da bomb.
they stand behind what they sell.

Old 07-27-2010, 06:14 AM
LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !
Congrats on the 3 John!
Alex is a true asset to this place.

Old 07-27-2010, 07:33 AM
snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !
Yieks, another silver 3 in Northern Ca!! I hope the local copers don't mistake your agressive diving habits for me! Maybe this will work to my advantage!!
Congrats John!! I will be interested to know how the MPSC's last you on our roads. You will enjoy talking with the folks at The Tire Rack. You will know that you have spent way to much $$ there when they start answering the phone and greeting you by your first name!!

Old 07-27-2010, 08:35 AM
sin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond repute
Congrats dude, you have a beautiful car there! I love the rims. Try not to drive too nutz...

Old 07-27-2010, 09:19 AM
Swiss made is infamous around these parts
Awesome car man. That's the perfect wheels setup for that car!!!

Old 07-27-2010, 09:35 AM
Thanks for the good comments.
Hey Luis, had any frost up there yet

Yeah, I know snowman. I almost passed on it, even though I love the color, as I knew I would get no slack from any s. county hiway patrol guys.
You are correct though, maybe we can divide and confuse....officer,it was the other guy whose car looks like mine, honest.

Old 07-27-2010, 10:03 AM
JC919 is just really niceJC919 is just really niceJC919 is just really niceJC919 is just really niceJC919 is just really nice
Well done, I love Arctic Silver!

Old 07-27-2010, 10:13 AM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by riverflyer
I have to admit, I have been shamelessly picking Alex's brain about info on the GT3, set up, etc. for some time now.
He has been gracious, patient and always willing to answer questions, no matter how stupid

I recently picked up a GT3.1 and have now logged about 400 miles. Awesome car, although that high rpm band may get me in trouble as there are lots of great empty roads up here and as you know, the speed piles on quickly.
It was like the seller was saving the car for me it is so clean and carefully used. I have checked out literally hundreds of cars over the years and rarely do you find one so nice that is 3 years old with 11k on the clock. When the car dudes say "as new" in this case its true.

When I told Alex about the new whip and asked about the center muffler delete exhaust he turned me on to one being sold at a great price on this boad. Not only that, but he sent me install instructions which were spot on. Although it took me longer that he estimated, it was fun and informative for someone who is not much of a wrench.

So in this increasingly competitive world where most calls to guys like him are 3 layers into voicemail, receptionists or worse---the dreaded overseas call center, my hat is off to Sharkwerks and Alex for caring enough to keep it real. Thanks Alex.

I promised I would go easy on mods this time. Oh, you tried that one as well??
So far, Sharkwerks center muffler delete and HRE comps with some new MPSC's.
The exhaust sounds awesome, especially after about 6k and I like the option to "detune" it for just cruising around.
Happy to join this part of the forum, John
Hey John, my pleasure and glad you're having some fun. Those 3's are something else eh?!?! I think you found a really good car with some neat stuff on it that should keep you busy/happy for a while And of course hope you like the sound! I figured with our move and manuf. delay you'd better snap one of them up quick!

Originally Posted by 997xpress
I can't agree more!

Alex has answered every single question (even the dumb ones) I've asked him about my TT. He's directed me to others with used items for sale that I needed when he could have easily told me to buy it new from him. It's rare indeed to find such a helpful, friendly and patient person these days. He and Sharkwerks are a class act and have helped me tremendously along the way with this being my first Porsche.

Thanks again everyone at Sharkwerks - you guys are amazing.
Hey 997express, you're too kind and likewise our pleasure. I think you've done the right thing re: suspension on the TT. It's really tough to balance it in terms of performance vs amount spent. I tried multiple times on my car(s) so hopefully you guys don't need to

Originally Posted by mooty
alex and gang are da bomb.
they stand behind what they sell.
Ah thank you sir... If only we could be 50% as fast as you though

Originally Posted by LUISGT3
Congrats on the 3 John!
Alex is a true asset to this place.
Cheers mate... Now you hurry up and do that "thing" in FL will ya

Old 07-27-2010, 06:14 PM
Izzone is a splendid one to beholdIzzone is a splendid one to beholdIzzone is a splendid one to beholdIzzone is a splendid one to beholdIzzone is a splendid one to beholdIzzone is a splendid one to beholdIzzone is a splendid one to behold
I love the wheels

Old 07-27-2010, 07:37 PM
mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by snowboarder54
Yieks, another silver 3 in Northern Ca!! I hope the local copers don't mistake your agressive diving habits for me! Maybe this will work to my advantage!!
Congrats John!! I will be interested to know how the MPSC's last you on our roads. You will enjoy talking with the folks at The Tire Rack. You will know that you have spent way to much $$ there when they start answering the phone and greeting you by your first name!!
they wont.

1. he doesn't have 3.9 YET
2. no one drives sideways like you do

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New 3 and Shark tale as well....