Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Forged Performance - Porsche 996 GT3 Project

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-25-2010, 10:01 AM
Former Vendor
Sales@Forged has much to be proud ofSales@Forged has much to be proud ofSales@Forged has much to be proud ofSales@Forged has much to be proud ofSales@Forged has much to be proud ofSales@Forged has much to be proud ofSales@Forged has much to be proud ofSales@Forged has much to be proud of

Hi everyone, it's Sharif again,

As promised, I wanted to give you a detailed track test review now that the JRZ RS Pro's are installed, corner balanced, and aligned. As you will recall, I elected to use a 1000lb/1000lb square setup to best suit my driving style. I am also running Hoosier R6's in 245 front and 315 rear mounted to those beautiful HRE C90 18 inch wheels.

So here is the complete rundown of the suspension related bits:
JRZ RS Pro's 1000lb/1000lb
TPC Racing Sway Bars
TPC Drop Link
Porsche Cup Car rear Toe Arms
Hoosier R6's 245/315 18's

While selecting these fairly aggressive springs rates for a weekend fun track day car, I was resigned to the fact that the ride would be fairly harsh on normal roads. But I was pleasantly surprised that the JRZ RS Pro's were incredibly compliant on the street. If you are familiar with Atlanta area roads, they are very rough, and the JRZ's soaked up the bumps with ease. There was also no noticeable noise inside the cabin and overall they had terrific compliance. This is definitely a package I would feel comfortable driving on the street. It's firm but not as bouncy as the OEM shocks.

Now lets get to the fun part: The track test at Sebring's 12 hr circuit. Sebring is a great track for testing suspension. There is a huge variery of corners, from smooth wide open throttle high speed speeders, to very tight technical sections and of course the super bumpy and world renown turns 17 and 1.

Bryan from JRZ was on hand to help translate my feedback into adjustments that provided the required results. In, a nutshell, the handling improvement is literally a nigh and day experience. Our spring rate choice was perfect! The balance of the car was exactly as I would request. With a few adjustments to the shocks, the stability under braking was extremely confidence inspiring, and turn in was precise and immediate. It was very easy to trail brake the car into corners while rotating the car gently torward the apex. I was able to apply throttle fairly early, and just a few steering corrections on the bumpy surfaces of Sebring. The car was dead flat and planted, and the body roll of the stock suspension was completely gone. I honestly couldn't have asked for a better handling GT3 on this track.

The next step, however, is going to be an upgraded LSD, as I am still getting some tire slip and spin on hard corner exit, and probably given up a tenth or two on each corner exit.

I was so pleased with the results, I ended up giving out about 10 rides to customers, friends, and others. This car puts a big smile on my face every time I drive it.

Next stop is Road Atlanta on Sept 11-12th with the BMWCCA. This will be another great opportunity to see how the new suspension setup deals with Road Atlanta's elevation changes and smoother track surface. Looking forward to.

Happy to answer any questions you all have.

Sharif@Forged

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CxlUhkz_7To

Last edited by Sales@Forged; 08-30-2010 at 09:50 AM.
Old 08-25-2010, 10:21 AM
whis9 is infamous around these parts
Great company, always top notch service. Good luck with the Porsche

Old 08-25-2010, 06:03 PM
deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !
Forget the car, post some pics of your GF Sharif

Old 08-26-2010, 11:08 AM
Former Vendor
Sales@Forged has much to be proud ofSales@Forged has much to be proud ofSales@Forged has much to be proud ofSales@Forged has much to be proud ofSales@Forged has much to be proud ofSales@Forged has much to be proud ofSales@Forged has much to be proud ofSales@Forged has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by whis9
Great company, always top notch service. Good luck with the Porsche
Thank you for the kind words....we have some big plans for the Porsche community, and it's great to have another option in the Atlanta metro area.

Originally Posted by deputydog95
Forget the car, post some pics of your GF Sharif
haha....I knew that was coming.

Old 08-30-2010, 10:16 AM
Former Vendor
Alright,

Got another goody in today. Looks like we have a new OE Porsche Cup Car front bumper. Can't wait to see the outcome from the body shop.

Tray

Last edited by Sales@Forged; 08-30-2010 at 11:26 AM.
Old 08-30-2010, 07:38 PM
deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !
What about the back bumper?

Old 08-31-2010, 08:19 AM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
How much for the cup bumper cover?

Old 09-13-2010, 09:03 AM
Former Vendor
We will probably go with the Cup rear bumper one of these days. For now just the front. I think it retails for about $1400.00

Bumper looks great! I'll get some pictures up asap.

Old 09-13-2010, 03:44 PM
Former Vendor
Here is a picture of last weekend's Caffeine and Octane meet. The bumper looks very sharp!

Old 09-13-2010, 05:15 PM
Former Vendor
Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !
Good times!!

Nice to see another GT3 track prepped and a company that is willing to put there money where there mouth is, ON TRACK!!

You guys need to come out to GTGP Oct 22-24 , 2010. Laguna Seca No Sound restrictions!!

For more info check out www.globaltunergp.com

Old 09-18-2010, 11:48 AM
Former Vendor
Some fresh pics and video from this past weekend at Road Atlanta. Some of you asked for real in-car camera angle, so here you go!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oa2veeS0AHU

Last edited by Sales@Forged; 09-20-2010 at 07:12 AM.
Old 09-19-2010, 12:03 PM
DHI
DHI is a jewel in the roughDHI is a jewel in the roughDHI is a jewel in the rough
Thanks for posting the updates. I'm subscribed.

Your well sorted GT3 is screaming for a center console delete. ;-)

Old 09-20-2010, 04:48 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by DHI
Thanks for posting the updates. I'm subscribed.

Your well sorted GT3 is screaming for a center console delete. ;-)
Center console delete is the first step down a slippery slop of race car prep. I promised myself I wont turn this into a race car. We'll see how long that last.

Old 09-20-2010, 05:07 PM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Sales@Forged
Center console delete is the first step down a slippery slop of race car prep. I promised myself I wont turn this into a race car. We'll see how long that last.
Ummm, what else is a GT3 good for?

Looks good Sharif!

Old 09-20-2010, 06:35 PM
DHI
DHI is a jewel in the roughDHI is a jewel in the roughDHI is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Sales@Forged
OKaaaaaay...

Cup shifter...cup front bumper... JRZs with remote reservoirs... 3pc wheels with HooHoos... Bypass pipes...

I'm forced to refer you back to post #13 of this thread to remind you that your "grocery getter" would be happier with a console delete package. ;-)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Forged Performance - Porsche 996 GT3 Project