Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

2011 GT3RS - ClearBra sectional choices?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-28-2010, 07:12 AM
KaamaCat has a spectacular aura aboutKaamaCat has a spectacular aura aboutKaamaCat has a spectacular aura about
2011 GT3RS - ClearBra sectional choices?

Question if you don't mind.

Before I pick up my RS this weekend, I'm deciding on how much of the frontend I want to clear this time. The car is White.

On my 04' C4S I had the 1/2 hood done, and ultimately saw a line where dirt (even though cleaned) found the edges. On my current (well until Saturday) 997.2 the whole front clip is done, but the car is Ruby Red.

I've been toying with just the bumper.........Any thoughts in any direction....and thanks!

(Oh...... and OH BABY CANT WAIT TILL SATURDAY MORNING !!!!! )

Old 07-28-2010, 08:40 AM
Sloopy is a glorious beacon of lightSloopy is a glorious beacon of lightSloopy is a glorious beacon of lightSloopy is a glorious beacon of lightSloopy is a glorious beacon of light
Bumper or the whole front. White would be better for touch up.

Just don't like the 1/2 hood. If you plan on tracking though you may want to do the whole front.

Old 07-28-2010, 08:53 AM
juancooldude is infamous around these parts
I did the front bumper, whole hood, mirrors, wheel arches and rear wing (got to protect the gorgeous CF).

Left the fenders uncovered...there is only a small section next to the headlight that is exposed to frontal hits and chances of it happening is small. You could do a 1/3 wrap on the fenders but I didn't want any highly visible seams on mine.

Old 07-28-2010, 01:55 PM
KaamaCat has a spectacular aura aboutKaamaCat has a spectacular aura aboutKaamaCat has a spectacular aura about
Thanks.... I am having them (at least) do the front bumper for now and will get back with more once I decide. The film they are using now, currently comes in 48" wide and said I'd have two small triangles on the upper l/r of the hood. Although I'd not see the seem...........I guess, they would be there and I'd not want that brown dirt line in there...... (we will see).

Thanks again! (T-minus 2days and counting!)

Old 07-28-2010, 02:48 PM
911dev is a jewel in the rough911dev is a jewel in the rough911dev is a jewel in the rough911dev is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by KaamaCat
Thanks.... I am having them (at least) do the front bumper for now and will get back with more once I decide. The film they are using now, currently comes in 48" wide and said I'd have two small triangles on the upper l/r of the hood. Although I'd not see the seem...........I guess, they would be there and I'd not want that brown dirt line in there...... (we will see).

My hood is exactly like that. I don't mind at all. My installer used 3M; still one of the best products for wear and upkeep.

I did full fascia, hood, partial fenders, A pillars, partial roof, rockers, sills and behind each wheel. I don't mind the fender line at all. The problem on white cars and some others is that you should have a separate piece behind the front wheel. That piece will need to be replaced with time. If it is one piece (full fender) then some cutting and piecing will be done at some point. With a partial fender replacing the wheel piece is easy.

Old 07-28-2010, 03:34 PM
The film they are using now, currently comes in 48" wide and said I'd have two small triangles on the upper l/r of the hood.

Find another installer. My hood was covered with a single piece, with no seams.

Old 07-28-2010, 05:12 PM
Bill in Atlanta has much to be proud ofBill in Atlanta has much to be proud ofBill in Atlanta has much to be proud ofBill in Atlanta has much to be proud ofBill in Atlanta has much to be proud ofBill in Atlanta has much to be proud ofBill in Atlanta has much to be proud ofBill in Atlanta has much to be proud of

Bob,
You've seen my white GT3..I had the whole front done; full bumper, hood in one piece (if David is doing it, it will be one piece), full front fender and a custom piece that runs the entire rocker and up the quarter panel in front of rear wheel (replaces the factory "yellow" piece). PM me if you would like to see it again.

Bill

Old 07-29-2010, 08:40 PM
stujelly is infamous around these parts
I have the grey gt3rs and i did the entire front bumper, front fenders including wrapping it into the fender in an effort to mitigate chips from sand at the track to the fender.

I also did the entire hood and the entire front fender right over the gt3rs decal. It turned out perfect.

I also had them add a little to the back bumper and wrap into the fender as well to try and keep the rear tires from kicking up debris and chipping the fender.

Not sure where you are at but i hear great things about premier in CA.

good luck.

Old 07-29-2010, 09:07 PM
20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute

60'' film available, maybe they just don't carry it. i have my Panamera S wrapped, the whole entire front including the hood. it's white also.

Old 07-30-2010, 05:11 AM
Tx for the inputs..... I had them do the front bumper until I decide what to complete it with next week. (I'm picking her up tomorrow morning)

On the 48" deal..... he switched to some new nano/micro stuff that virtually has no orange peel and is supposedly more resistent (ant?) to bird and bug stains. The drawback (for now) is the 48" width.

This guy does outstanding work...... (he does a few of the dealerships in the area for Hennessy and I think Nally)

Oh..... and "T-Minus 27hrs, 50minutes "

Old 07-30-2010, 08:32 AM

On the 48" deal..... he switched to some new nano/micro stuff that virtually has no orange peel and is supposedly more resistent (ant?) to bird and bug stains. The drawback (for now) is the 48" width.
Bamboozled....

Old 07-30-2010, 11:25 AM
Originally Posted by Bill in Atlanta
Bob,
You've seen my white GT3..I had the whole front done; full bumper, hood in one piece (if David is doing it, it will be one piece), full front fender and a custom piece that runs the entire rocker and up the quarter panel in front of rear wheel (replaces the factory "yellow" piece). PM me if you would like to see it again.

Bill
Bill..... yes David is doing it...... He said the new stuff he uses, on the hood (i think as he told me) because of the 48" film he has used since March, there will be two small triangles........something like that, but you wont see unless he told you where it was. I guess this new stuff is really (really) smooth.

And yes......bring it to The Avenues on Sunday morning......... I'd like to check it out again.