Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Red accents on RS, Guards Red or other??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-07-2010, 11:55 PM
Jay Jones is a splendid one to beholdJay Jones is a splendid one to beholdJay Jones is a splendid one to beholdJay Jones is a splendid one to beholdJay Jones is a splendid one to beholdJay Jones is a splendid one to beholdJay Jones is a splendid one to behold
Red accents on RS, Guards Red or other??

Hey guys, I have a quick question regarding the red colored accents on the 2010 GT3 RS. (Wing endplates/mirror housings/decals etc.) How does the accent color red on the 2010 RS compare to the factory Porsche "Guards Red" color? I have guards red roll bar, seat belts, lower mirror housings and wing endplates currently. I'm considering a windshield sticker or possibly a side stripe of some sort from porschestripes.com to tie it all together. Porschestripes.com based their red color on the 2010 GT3 RS red accents. I'm just curious if any of you RS guys have parked your car next to a Guards Red car and were able to compare the reds?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Jay

Old 08-08-2010, 01:04 AM
JAMS is infamous around these parts
The accents are Guards Red.

Attached Images  
Old 08-08-2010, 06:35 AM
GT1
GT1 has much to be proud ofGT1 has much to be proud ofGT1 has much to be proud ofGT1 has much to be proud ofGT1 has much to be proud ofGT1 has much to be proud ofGT1 has much to be proud ofGT1 has much to be proud ofGT1 has much to be proud ofGT1 has much to be proud of

Old 08-08-2010, 07:49 AM
xXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond repute
Now that's cool. Probably the best use of the graphics I've seen...ghost! Subtle and tasteful.

J

Old 08-08-2010, 07:56 AM
TRAKCAR is a glorious beacon of lightTRAKCAR is a glorious beacon of lightTRAKCAR is a glorious beacon of lightTRAKCAR is a glorious beacon of lightTRAKCAR is a glorious beacon of light
I am conflicted.
First I hate red accents, never liked red cars.
But now the red is growing on me for the mirrors and wing tips. They match the calipers, tail lights, interior accents, etc. Looks OK.
I still think the decal designer should be shot.

Now I see red RS and it is friggin' beautiful! I could even live with the decals this way! I wonder what is looks like with red wheels. Photoshop anyone?

Old 08-08-2010, 08:02 AM
xXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond reputexXxGhotimanxXx has a reputation beyond repute
^probably too much red w/ red wheels. A bit of contrast is nice, plus the wheels tie in with the wing uprights. I'd probably paint the rockers body color, as black makes the car look tall....maybe even paint the front lip/splitter.

J