Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Why Did you choose GT3 Vs RS ?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-10-2010, 09:41 PM
imfaster is infamous around these parts
Why Did you choose GT3 Vs RS ?

I am about to order a GT3 RS next week and was curious why someone would choose the GT3 over the GT3 rs ( or vica versa) . I have never driven the new RS but have tracked a 08 gt3 and really enjoyed it

For me it seems you get much more performance in the RS for not too much more. I have other cars that cover the comfort to full race so it not about a car that needs to be everything from comfort to performance. ( my other cars are 05 Ford GT, Nissan GTR, BMW Z8, and two vintage road racers).

Thanks for any input

Old 08-10-2010, 09:49 PM
GT1
GT1 has much to be proud ofGT1 has much to be proud ofGT1 has much to be proud ofGT1 has much to be proud ofGT1 has much to be proud ofGT1 has much to be proud ofGT1 has much to be proud ofGT1 has much to be proud ofGT1 has much to be proud ofGT1 has much to be proud of
Old 08-10-2010, 10:49 PM
PJS
PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !
why chose a gt3 over an RS?

I didn't ;-)

you are spot on in your assessment IMHO and if you throw in resale the RS makes sense.

Old 08-10-2010, 10:50 PM
PJS
PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !
nice collection as well - fgt and z8... very nice!

Old 08-10-2010, 11:32 PM
Tim Kay is infamous around these parts
nice collection as well - fgt and z8... very nice!
.....don't forget the 65 Cobra. Nice collection is right!

Old 08-10-2010, 11:44 PM
PJS
not to get off topic but your collection warrants a few pics for the masses

:-)

i am curious about the unnamed vintage road racers as well

Old 08-11-2010, 04:10 PM
Former Vendor
RaceDeck has much to be proud ofRaceDeck has much to be proud ofRaceDeck has much to be proud ofRaceDeck has much to be proud ofRaceDeck has much to be proud ofRaceDeck has much to be proud ofRaceDeck has much to be proud ofRaceDeck has much to be proud ofRaceDeck has much to be proud ofRaceDeck has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by PJS
not to get off topic but your collection warrants a few pics for the masses

:-)

i am curious about the unnamed vintage road racers as well
I decided to become a forum sponsor ( former user ' imfaster' ) as this is great group and surely look forward to learning more about the GT3's as I wait for mine.

I will post pics on a gallery today.

Old 08-11-2010, 04:20 PM
PJS
Originally Posted by RaceDeck
I decided to become a forum sponsor ( former user ' imfaster' ) as this is great group and surely look forward to learning more about the GT3's as I wait for mine.

I will post pics on a gallery today.
both cars have been sold, but the floor remains.
Race Deck has been great for me.

Old 08-11-2010, 04:37 PM
Former Vendor
RaceDeck has much to be proud ofRaceDeck has much to be proud ofRaceDeck has much to be proud ofRaceDeck has much to be proud ofRaceDeck has much to be proud ofRaceDeck has much to be proud ofRaceDeck has much to be proud ofRaceDeck has much to be proud ofRaceDeck has much to be proud ofRaceDeck has much to be proud of
Very Nice! Thanks for choosing us

Old 08-11-2010, 06:52 PM
juancooldude is infamous around these parts
So when are we doing our first group buy on RaceDeck then?

Old 08-11-2010, 07:15 PM
Former Vendor
No need to hassle with a group buy, we'll take care of you and all 6SO members

Old 08-11-2010, 10:46 PM
mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !
there is NO reason to chose GT3 over RS.
but is RS worth the extra money over GT3, probably not.
but most ppl will chose RS b/c it's an RS.
it's all in our heads.

Old 08-12-2010, 07:06 AM
TRAKCAR is a glorious beacon of lightTRAKCAR is a glorious beacon of lightTRAKCAR is a glorious beacon of lightTRAKCAR is a glorious beacon of lightTRAKCAR is a glorious beacon of light
The price difference is $112K VS $135K I believe, delta of 23K.
I think you get a lot for that $$.
A nice fat rear end
Dynamic Engine Mounts
CF wing
Bigger air intakes
+15HP
+100RPM
Wider front and rear tires and track
LWFW
Titanium final exhaust
The right seats
Shorter final gear ratio
Some little RS accents inside.
Red or gold accents.
Goofy stickers

So, if you want the above you could add the same to a GT3, but you still would not have a nice fat rear end.

Last edited by TRAKCAR; 08-13-2010 at 06:42 AM.
Old 08-12-2010, 02:51 PM
tssci is a splendid one to beholdtssci is a splendid one to beholdtssci is a splendid one to beholdtssci is a splendid one to beholdtssci is a splendid one to beholdtssci is a splendid one to behold
a different answer..

I've had two 997 Turbos and wanted something different in the 997 line this time around from an asthetics and performance delivery standpoint. My car will be used almost exclusively for street use and I'm not in the club that says you 'must' track it to enjoy it. For me, the RS has visual treatments that I frankly don't care for to include the rear spoiler that despite its obvious functionality (at speeds I'll hardly see) looks added on, unfinished, and a cousin to something found on a dirt-track car. Again, not the look or performance I'm looking for or need. There are no right or wrong answers to the original poster's question...this is just MY response to why I chose this non-RS version.

Old 08-12-2010, 03:10 PM
TRAKCAR is a glorious beacon of lightTRAKCAR is a glorious beacon of lightTRAKCAR is a glorious beacon of lightTRAKCAR is a glorious beacon of lightTRAKCAR is a glorious beacon of light
I frankly don't care for to include the rear spoiler that despite its obvious functionality (at speeds I'll hardly see) looks added on, unfinished, and a cousin to something found on a dirt-track car.
As a street car, the only reason you would buy the RS is maybe residual value and visual. if you like the look of the GT3 better, is would be hard to justify an RS.

Unlike most I like the look of the GT3 MKI much better than the flat RS wing on the MKI. Now that the regular GT3 is not as pretty to me (unlike most), I like the shaped, crazy wing with huge air scoops. Another reason to get the GT3 is that you can actually use your rear view mirror ;-)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Why Did you choose GT3 Vs RS ?