Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Best sounding exhaust for a 997 GT3?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-16-2010, 07:54 AM
sideWays_swe is a jewel in the roughsideWays_swe is a jewel in the roughsideWays_swe is a jewel in the rough
OMG Cargraphic sounds so good! So does the EP. Does the Cargraphic kit 3 include headers? what is the powergain with cargraphic kit 3? 40hp power gain on EP sounds almost to good to be true?

Old 08-16-2010, 08:01 AM
sideWays_swe is a jewel in the roughsideWays_swe is a jewel in the roughsideWays_swe is a jewel in the rough
Anyone have any experience of Fabspeed full exhaust with headers? It sure does sound good, quality? powergains?

Old 08-16-2010, 08:48 AM
Banned
GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by sideWays_swe
OMG Cargraphic sounds so good! So does the EP. Does the Cargraphic kit 3 include headers? what is the powergain with cargraphic kit 3? 40hp power gain on EP sounds almost to good to be true?
Sorry confused? Where did you see 40 hp gain? Not sure anyone has achieved such numbers.
Just as an aside, would like to see dynos done with the decklid closed. Just currious

Ranger

Old 08-16-2010, 09:09 AM
Originally Posted by GT3Ranger
Sorry confused? Where did you see 40 hp gain? Not sure anyone has achieved such numbers.
Just as an aside, would like to see dynos done with the decklid closed. Just currious

Ranger
Although the car in the clip is a Mk2 its sounds a bit much with a 40hp powergain.

http://vimeo.com/13442242

"A friend of the staff at Hyevon brought in his new GT3 for a little exhaust swap. We removed 2 muffler, 2 valves, and about 65 lbs worth of extra weight. The new exhaust weighed in at around 9 lbs and increased HP by about 40."

Old 08-16-2010, 10:11 AM
Banned
GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by sideWays_swe
Although the car in the clip is a Mk2 its sounds a bit much with a 40hp powergain.

http://vimeo.com/13442242

"A friend of the staff at Hyevon brought in his new GT3 for a little exhaust swap. We removed 2 muffler, 2 valves, and about 65 lbs worth of extra weight. The new exhaust weighed in at around 9 lbs and increased HP by about 40."
Sorry but I say again. Other than they claiming it, where do you see the 40 hp gain?
Nobody's hardware has achieved such gains.
On the video that's Sammy's GT3 which sounds great and as I said above. His gains for the money spent is the best bang for the buck.

Ranger

Old 08-16-2010, 10:32 AM
Sorry but I say again. Other than they claiming it, where do you see the 40 hp gain?
On the video that's Sammy's GT3 which sounds great and as I said above. His gains for the money spent is the best bang for the buck.

Ranger
I dont see it anywhere else, i asked a question, hence the questionmark. I thought a 40hp gain sounded too much.

Old 08-16-2010, 10:53 AM
GT1
GT1 has much to be proud ofGT1 has much to be proud ofGT1 has much to be proud ofGT1 has much to be proud ofGT1 has much to be proud ofGT1 has much to be proud ofGT1 has much to be proud ofGT1 has much to be proud ofGT1 has much to be proud ofGT1 has much to be proud of
I had the Akrapovic race system, and it sounded amazing and provided solid gains(Stock/Akrapovic race exhaust/ Tune+gas+akrapovic race exhaust dyno):

Since Im in the process of switching cars, I sold the Akrapovic and put an Europipe for now. The Europipe is much louder, too loud for the street (for me) but does sound great. I cant really creep around at high speeds anymore
I'll be dynoing the Europipe, probably this week in the same dyno, just to see how it compares with my previous set up. If I decide to keep the GT3, I'll most likely be putting back on the Akrapovic race system...

Here is a vid of the Akrapovic race titanium exhaust:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58CzfbyTz1A

Last edited by GT1; 08-16-2010 at 11:00 AM.
Old 08-16-2010, 11:19 AM
On Pole is a jewel in the roughOn Pole is a jewel in the roughOn Pole is a jewel in the rough
Cargraphic Kit 3 (200 Cell Cats) 20hp

Attached Images      

Last edited by On Pole; 08-16-2010 at 12:43 PM.
Old 08-16-2010, 01:00 PM
DD GT3 RD has much to be proud ofDD GT3 RD has much to be proud ofDD GT3 RD has much to be proud ofDD GT3 RD has much to be proud ofDD GT3 RD has much to be proud ofDD GT3 RD has much to be proud ofDD GT3 RD has much to be proud ofDD GT3 RD has much to be proud ofDD GT3 RD has much to be proud ofDD GT3 RD has much to be proud of

Ranger
rangers spot on. I have no clue why the website says that. thats why i posted the dyno before

Old 08-16-2010, 01:02 PM
DD GT3 RD has much to be proud ofDD GT3 RD has much to be proud ofDD GT3 RD has much to be proud ofDD GT3 RD has much to be proud ofDD GT3 RD has much to be proud ofDD GT3 RD has much to be proud ofDD GT3 RD has much to be proud ofDD GT3 RD has much to be proud ofDD GT3 RD has much to be proud ofDD GT3 RD has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by zooyorker
Thank you very much for your quick answer!
any reason why you moved over to a SW?
Europipe markets that exhaust as a track exhaust, it was extemely loud. I loved the sound and its not that it was too loud for me, but felt a little ridiculous, almost rude.

I had the sw bypass first, so went back to that for now

Old 08-17-2010, 12:46 AM
riverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud of
Sharkwerks bypass for me too and love it. Sometimes quiet is good, but on song its a beautiful sound.

Old 08-17-2010, 02:24 AM
dixie is a name known to alldixie is a name known to alldixie is a name known to alldixie is a name known to alldixie is a name known to alldixie is a name known to all
A friend of mine runs straight pipes on his gt3rs and although it sounds awesome its too loud for the street IMO .
From what I've heard the Akrapovic has too much drone inside the cabin .
So pick an exhaust with a great sound that is not overbearing . Its all about tone , not loudness .
Sport mufflers + center muffler bypass sound way better than stock mufflers + center muffler bypass .
Here is the tonemaster gt3 sport exhaust from Europipe :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CleW5dWdCrg

Old 08-25-2010, 08:46 PM
watchguy is infamous around these parts
Sharkwerks bypass for me too for sure! Just had it installed and was a little deflated and thought I made a mistake until I hit the sport button and 4k rpm.....the sound was so impressive. I agree with other posts here too, it is nice that if you need to keep quiet you can....to a certain degree.

Old 08-26-2010, 04:53 AM
M3lelena has much to be proud ofM3lelena has much to be proud ofM3lelena has much to be proud ofM3lelena has much to be proud ofM3lelena has much to be proud ofM3lelena has much to be proud ofM3lelena has much to be proud ofM3lelena has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by On Pole
Cargraphic Kit 3 (200 Cell Cats) 20hp
i have the sharky bypass is it possible to mix it with the cargraphic kit 3? i want to keep the valve system

Old 08-26-2010, 08:04 AM
On Pole is a jewel in the roughOn Pole is a jewel in the roughOn Pole is a jewel in the rough
The cargraphic Kit 3 does not come with a rear center muffler, so your Sharky bypass will work just fine.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Best sounding exhaust for a 997 GT3?