Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Best sounding exhaust for a 997 GT3?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-15-2010, 11:15 AM
sideWays_swe is a jewel in the roughsideWays_swe is a jewel in the roughsideWays_swe is a jewel in the rough
Best sounding exhaust for a 997 GT3?

What is the best sounding exhaust for a 997 GT3 mk1? what would you recommend that is not over the top expensive? feel free to post vids

Old 08-15-2010, 12:08 PM
beastbay is infamous around these parts
Sharkwerks, period, full stop - you'll love the sound!

Old 08-15-2010, 03:59 PM
Izzone is a splendid one to beholdIzzone is a splendid one to beholdIzzone is a splendid one to beholdIzzone is a splendid one to beholdIzzone is a splendid one to beholdIzzone is a splendid one to beholdIzzone is a splendid one to behold
Make sure to unplug the valves

Old 08-15-2010, 06:07 PM
TRAKCAR is a glorious beacon of lightTRAKCAR is a glorious beacon of lightTRAKCAR is a glorious beacon of lightTRAKCAR is a glorious beacon of lightTRAKCAR is a glorious beacon of light
Sharky unplugged is fantastic.

Old 08-15-2010, 08:02 PM
DD GT3 RD has much to be proud ofDD GT3 RD has much to be proud ofDD GT3 RD has much to be proud ofDD GT3 RD has much to be proud ofDD GT3 RD has much to be proud ofDD GT3 RD has much to be proud ofDD GT3 RD has much to be proud ofDD GT3 RD has much to be proud ofDD GT3 RD has much to be proud ofDD GT3 RD has much to be proud of
also depends how loud you want it to be, that will limit your choices. If it doesnt matter how loud ... id have to say Sharkwerks race sounds insane (they have some vids on here, havent heard in person). I had the Europipe straightpipes and they sound f#cking amazing and cheap at $600. Both offer 50-55lbs weight savings while retaining stock headers.

Old 08-15-2010, 09:26 PM
dtakenname is infamous around these parts
Old 08-15-2010, 09:51 PM
On Pole is a jewel in the roughOn Pole is a jewel in the roughOn Pole is a jewel in the rough
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w56MQZD1kkM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTg6pbITAUw

Cargraphic Kit 3 with Special"LIGHTWEIGHT" final silencer with 2x 89mm tailpipes.

Old 08-15-2010, 10:18 PM
Proform has much to be proud ofProform has much to be proud ofProform has much to be proud ofProform has much to be proud ofProform has much to be proud ofProform has much to be proud ofProform has much to be proud ofProform has much to be proud of
Oh My

Originally Posted by On Pole
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w56MQZD1kkM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTg6pbITAUw

Cargraphic Kit 3 with Special"LIGHTWEIGHT" final silencer with 2x 89mm tailpipes.

Old 08-16-2010, 12:08 AM
Misanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant future
I have a Sharkwerks bypass and love it. Its awesome because it is quiet if you need it to be whether you're around a police officer or your coming into the neighborhood late or leaving home early, but once it hits about 4k it just opens up like no other.

Personally I love Rangers FVD system. He has some videos up on here and I have probably watched them at least 20 times. I think he has the most exotic sounding 3 IMO.

Old 08-16-2010, 12:19 AM
DD GT3 RD has much to be proud ofDD GT3 RD has much to be proud ofDD GT3 RD has much to be proud ofDD GT3 RD has much to be proud ofDD GT3 RD has much to be proud ofDD GT3 RD has much to be proud ofDD GT3 RD has much to be proud ofDD GT3 RD has much to be proud ofDD GT3 RD has much to be proud ofDD GT3 RD has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Misanors4
I have a Sharkwerks bypass and love it. Its awesome because it is quiet if you need it to be whether you're around a police officer or your coming into the neighborhood late or leaving home early, but once it hits about 4k it just opens up like no other.

Personally I love Rangers FVD system. He has some videos up on here and I have probably watched them at least 20 times. I think he has the most exotic sounding 3 IMO.
with you on rangers system...IMO definitely produces one of the best sounds

edit: test drive a 997.1 gt3rs with full cargrahpic sytem deefinitely one of the best as well, but maybe any exhaust on this car sounds good!?!?

Old 08-16-2010, 04:31 AM
zooyorker has a brilliant futurezooyorker has a brilliant futurezooyorker has a brilliant futurezooyorker has a brilliant futurezooyorker has a brilliant futurezooyorker has a brilliant futurezooyorker has a brilliant futurezooyorker has a brilliant futurezooyorker has a brilliant futurezooyorker has a brilliant futurezooyorker has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by sammyrusso
with you on rangers system...IMO definitely produces one of the best sounds

edit: test drive a 997.1 gt3rs with full cargrahpic sytem deefinitely one of the best as well, but maybe any exhaust on this car sounds good!?!?
Sammy,

What do the EP straight pipes eliminate exactly? do they "cancel" the side mufflers and cats which then flow into a straight centre muffler delete? Loved the burble-gurgle in you videos!

Sorry for OT... so here is my contribution:

Cargraphic is very hard to beat IMO if you want a crazy loud system, and FVD sounds fantastic too. I Don't want to start another Akra vs. FVD thread, but the Akrapovic just isn't worth the money in my opinion, not because I couldnt afford it, but because it just doesnt sound as good.

Sharky muffler bypass, and track exhaust are awesome aswell!!

Keep us posted on what you pick!

Yannick

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqfTr...eature=related

Old 08-16-2010, 04:45 AM
^ the europipe straight pipes delete the side mufflers and the center muffler. They keep the stock cats as they are part of the headers. its just 2 pipes, weight is around 11lbs...stock side mufflers are around 22lbs and the center muffler is around 16lbs.

Name:  GetAttachmentaspx.jpg
Views: 661
Size:  4.6 KB

my dyno graph
Name:  DSCF1460.jpg
Views: 643
Size:  140.8 KB

europipe vid
http://vimeo.com/13442242

2nd vid

Sharkwerks center muffler delete
Name:  GintaniPics051.jpg
Views: 731
Size:  123.4 KB
right now have on the sharkwerks center muffler delete. Great piece, sounds great, quiet at low rpm, but has a beautiful sound above 4k

vid

Last edited by DD GT3 RD; 08-16-2010 at 04:48 AM.
Old 08-16-2010, 05:01 AM
zooyorker has a brilliant futurezooyorker has a brilliant futurezooyorker has a brilliant futurezooyorker has a brilliant futurezooyorker has a brilliant futurezooyorker has a brilliant futurezooyorker has a brilliant futurezooyorker has a brilliant futurezooyorker has a brilliant futurezooyorker has a brilliant futurezooyorker has a brilliant future
Thank you very much for your quick answer!
any reason why you moved over to a SW?

Old 08-16-2010, 07:00 AM
Banned
GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !
Sammy interesting to notice that with the EP exhaust set up your gains and rwhp are essentially the same as the .2 RS with the TPC headers.
That's considering the RS starts with 15 bhp more.
Bang for the buck you are the winner.

Oh and I agree with the above comment. Lets not start another pissing contest. Everyone spend your money on what you like. The best exhaust system is the one you like. It's like beers. All I can say is that I'm totally thrilled with my system plus the new one that's come out is even better.

Ranger

Last edited by GT3Ranger; 08-16-2010 at 08:42 AM.
Old 08-16-2010, 07:08 AM
Former Vendor
TPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond repute
I think it would interesting to see the dyno chart of both the muffler bypass and our headers... Too loud for me though

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Best sounding exhaust for a 997 GT3?