Rate Thread

Old 02-11-2005, 11:17 PM
ben, lj has a spectacular aura aboutben, lj has a spectacular aura about
exactly why i'm not interested in PCA events

from another poster

rss996
Journeyman

Reged: Mon
Loc: Calif Warning to porsche's under warranty!!!
#77230 - Fri Feb 11 2005 03:19 AM Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply

Better be careful of attending track and club events!!!

If you have an engine problem you will be in for it if you end up in arbitration.

I went today with a friend and PCNA produced every autocross he went to , his final year end class finish, web site printouts of his times and even club magazine that showed him in 1st place.

All this to claim he abused his car and to try to avoid a buyback of the car which pours white smoke after driving it hard and 2 RMS's so far.....

I can see them saying the DME showing his overrevs but to bring all that PCA club data to the table is unreal!!!

Buyers beware!

Last edited by ben, lj; 02-11-2005 at 11:45 PM.
Old 02-12-2005, 10:41 AM
Porsche Fiend
Hamann7 is infamous around these partsHamann7 is infamous around these parts
I guess all is fair in love and litigation.

Thank god for private track days.

Old 02-12-2005, 11:06 AM
HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !
seems like to many of these stories for all cars are popping up, i've heard it w/ the vette guys, w/ the evo and sti guys and a few others.

I also think it all still comes down to having a great relationship w/ your dealer. What upsets me is they make these cars to attack this kind of driving then don't take responsibility when it breaks.

My transmission on my acura went out one day after going and running 2 1/4 mile runs. They fought tooth and nail to not fix it.

So I step on the gas and run the car to the redline you set it at for 3 gears and then you are telling me it's my fault it broke?

Last edited by HotRodGuy; 02-12-2005 at 11:09 AM.
Old 02-12-2005, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by Soon2be993tt

I also think it all still comes down to having a great relationship w/ your dealer. What upsets me is they make these cars to attack this kind of driving then don't take responsibility when it breaks.
for small repairs maybe but engine and tranny replacements for example have to receive PCNA approval for a dealer to get paid. i'd venture to say no one has a relationship with their Pcar dealer wherein they'll replace that stuff without being reimbursed from PCNA.

Old 02-13-2005, 12:19 AM
gt2next is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by Hamann7
I guess all is fair in love and litigation.

Thank god for private track days.
just curious, since we all live close to willow springs.....what kind of lap times can a gt2 and cgt pull around the big track?? of course, these are not officially timed runs, but a ballpark would be interesting.

Old 02-15-2005, 12:52 PM
4Kurves is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by gt2next
just curious, since we all live close to willow springs.....what kind of lap times can a gt2 and cgt pull around the big track?? of course, these are not officially timed runs, but a ballpark would be interesting.
Accord to Willow Springs the record in a GT-2 is a 1:27

WSIR Records

My car (GT-3) has been around the track in the 1:28 range with Cort Wagner behind the wheel.

Old 02-15-2005, 01:39 PM
You're SO MONEY, baby!
Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !
Originally posted by 4Kurves

WSIR Records

My car (GT-3) has been around the track in the 1:28 range with Cort Wagner behind the wheel.
I'd guess that wasn't a Porsche GT2 street car, but rather a dedicated GT2-class race car of another make as it's listed as "SCCA GT2" from 1995. Coincidentally, the current Porsche GT2 street car with slicks and a good racing alignment should be able to come pretty close to that time with a talented shoe (Tyson confirm?), but getting lower would probably require gutting the car and turning it into more of a serious track car--not a good way to treat a beautiful GT2 streeter. Dedicated Porsche race cars (GT3R, and GT3RS) turn low 1:20's (1:21 to 1:23) at that track with pro-level drivers at the wheel.

Additionally, that list looks really out of date. I've turned 1:37's and 8's there in a SpecM, and they still show ITB and ITC above 1:40 which doesn't look right. I'd bet with tire and suspension advances, several of those records no longer stand.

Last edited by Super D; 02-15-2005 at 01:44 PM.
Old 02-15-2005, 02:41 PM
Holger B is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by 4Kurves

WSIR Records

I think allanlambo is faster than that in reverse, running on 11 cylinders with a flat tire...just ask him

Old 02-15-2005, 03:42 PM
Banned
Life Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud of
You forgot to mention on 87 octane with a passanger and the ac running.

Old 02-15-2005, 04:24 PM
Holger B is infamous around these parts
And blindfolded with his foot on the brake the whole time.

Old 02-16-2005, 11:49 PM
Banned for Eternity
teutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond repute
and a donut on the passenger front wheel, flat.

Old 03-01-2005, 05:01 PM
Sean lost his arbitration and Porsche won claiming abuse (autocrossing)!

Old 04-04-2005, 07:47 PM
I'm happy to report after further investigation into this matter, there were extenuating circumstances (which i won't discuss) which should allow us all to ignore this incident rather than consider it something to expect from porsche.

Old 04-05-2005, 08:22 AM
aracerx is infamous around these parts
As a Porsche Service operation here in NYC...We've been amazed as to how good Porsche has been to boyz who've been baaad with their toyz!
Iknowtheyknow...Overall, pretty reasonable. Mark-FORMULA MOTORSPORTS.

Old 04-05-2005, 08:25 AM
aracerx is infamous around these parts
OHH, OMT...These boyz go to the track...ALL the time. M
PS-this really is one area I cannot ***** about...I know...that's rare air for me

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: exactly why i'm not interested in PCA events