Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Dealer says i cant buy a CPO warranty for my GT3??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-23-2010, 10:02 AM
Bara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant future
Dealer says i cant buy a CPO warranty for my GT3??

i have a year of the factory warranty left but wanted to add the porsche extended warranty (CPO). dealer tells me they can only sell 3rd party extended warranty on a car i already own. only way to buy CPO is to buy a car from them???

Old 08-23-2010, 10:35 AM
caltex is a name known to allcaltex is a name known to allcaltex is a name known to allcaltex is a name known to allcaltex is a name known to allcaltex is a name known to all
This is true. However suggest that they do an in and out... You should get tax credit for your trade in and you’re buying it back at the same price so taxes should wash out. You will then be buying a car out of their inventory so you will have to pay for them to CPO. Keep in mind the car has to be in good condition and have only factory items. No aftermarket parts, tires in good condition, factory condition basically... Its worth a shot... They may not want to go through all that and they may charge you a fee however if you can get them to go for it, it may be worth it to get the CPO...

If you do not own it out right you may not get the same rate on the refinance as it will be a used car at that point so your rate may be different..

Last edited by caltex; 08-23-2010 at 10:40 AM.
Old 08-23-2010, 11:29 AM
Bara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant future
thanks for the info caltex. i own the car outright and they suggested i talk to their sales department to see if an in/out is feasable. i havent talked to sales dept yet cause i thought CPO could be bought without going thru that...

Old 08-23-2010, 11:35 AM
caltex is a name known to allcaltex is a name known to allcaltex is a name known to allcaltex is a name known to allcaltex is a name known to allcaltex is a name known to all
No problem... I think that is a Porsche issue not so much the dealer itself. In order for the car to be CPO the dealer must show that it passes inspection and is in the dealers inventory before Porsche will allow the CPO....

I hope that you get it sorted…

Old 08-23-2010, 10:12 PM
aus
aus has much to be proud ofaus has much to be proud ofaus has much to be proud ofaus has much to be proud ofaus has much to be proud ofaus has much to be proud ofaus has much to be proud ofaus has much to be proud ofaus has much to be proud of
That's the standard proceedure for CPO. The car has to be stock with stock tires in good condition.
It's usually better to just buy a third party extended warranty, but call around. They try to make $1,000 on these warranties and you can buy from out of state too.

Old 08-26-2010, 05:06 PM
cc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud of
Crazy stupid rule

Old 09-06-2010, 07:11 AM
khooni is infamous around these parts
CPO is not voided on re-sale before CPO has expired. The CPO is transferrable

Old 09-06-2010, 07:23 AM
deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !
I have a CPO question...

Car is sold new.

Within about a year, the car is traded back into Porsche.

The car is then resold by Porsche and is CPO'd.

Within a year or two of that, the car is traded into BMW and resold again. Does the CPO stand or it is voided?

Old 09-06-2010, 10:04 AM
Former Vendor
TPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond repute
DD... if the car was sold by another dealer, other than Porsche, the warranty should not be valid... only way to really know is to check teh vin through PPN... drop it to me via PM if it is your car you are speaking of.

Casey

Old 09-06-2010, 10:45 AM
khooni is infamous around these parts
I was told by my porsche dealer than the CPO warranty is transferable.

Old 09-06-2010, 12:00 PM
Ted
Ted is just really niceTed is just really niceTed is just really niceTed is just really niceTed is just really nice
It's absolutely transferrable, done it several times...

Old 09-06-2010, 12:12 PM
mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !
1. to cpo a car, the dealer must own the car, even for 1 second
2. the dealer should be willing to do in n out for you. they make some money on CPO. not much, but they do.
3. the CPO disappears whenever the car is sold back to a PORSCHE dealer and they they resell it to end user.
4. the CPO is transferrable if a CPO'd car is sold from any person/entity to another person/entity as along as such person/entity is NOT PORSCHE dealer.

Old 09-06-2010, 12:37 PM
utkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by deputydog95
I have a CPO question...

Car is sold new.

Within about a year, the car is traded back into Porsche.

The car is then resold by Porsche and is CPO'd.

Within a year or two of that, the car is traded into BMW and resold again. Does the CPO stand or it is voided?
CPO stays ONLY if it is sold from one person to another private party, not via any dealer, porsche or not. when one traded it in into BWM dealership CPO was gone.

Old 09-06-2010, 01:15 PM
djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by mooty
1. to cpo a car, the dealer must own the car, even for 1 second
2. the dealer should be willing to do in n out for you. they make some money on CPO. not much, but they do.
3. the CPO disappears whenever the car is sold back to a PORSCHE dealer and they they resell it to end user.
4. the CPO is transferrable if a CPO'd car is sold from any person/entity to another person/entity as along as such person/entity is NOT PORSCHE dealer.
Doesn't an existing CPO term continue if the Porsche dealer resale it as is instead of certifying again?

Old 09-06-2010, 01:27 PM
Izzone is a splendid one to beholdIzzone is a splendid one to beholdIzzone is a splendid one to beholdIzzone is a splendid one to beholdIzzone is a splendid one to beholdIzzone is a splendid one to beholdIzzone is a splendid one to behold
I bought my car from a dealer, the previous owner had bought it CPO.

"Once the covered vehicle is traded or sold to any non-authorized dealer or commercial broker, this warranty is void."

Key is sold to non-authorized dealer (non porsche).

I went to the local dealer and had them pull up my warranty by the VIN.....my car still retains CPO