Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

997.2 GT3 OEM Exhaust

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-30-2010, 06:44 PM
Newman is a jewel in the roughNewman is a jewel in the roughNewman is a jewel in the rough
997.2 GT3 OEM Exhaust

I just purchased a new GT3 - traded up from a 997.1 997 TT. I always hated the exhaust note on the Turbo, but could never find an aftermarket exhaust that didn't have significant resonance at cruising RPMs. It was my understanding that the Turbos really cause problems for the aftermarket (and OEM) exhaust guys. One reason, but not the major reason, for upgrading to the GT3.

In reading this forum I hear a lot of advice that I am am not familiar with such as making sure the values are unplugged, etc. Does anyone have a schematic of the OEM exhaust detailing the major components and the location/number and functionality of these values that must control baffles within one or more locations of the exhaust system. Overall I am happy with the OEM sound, especially in Sport Mode, but would like to know more. Just point me to an earlier thread if possible as I am sure that has been discussed numerous times.

Before I even consider modifying anything, I'd like to know what I've got ...

Old 08-30-2010, 08:43 PM
TRAKCAR is a glorious beacon of lightTRAKCAR is a glorious beacon of lightTRAKCAR is a glorious beacon of lightTRAKCAR is a glorious beacon of lightTRAKCAR is a glorious beacon of light
You just unplug the lectric plug and zip tie it.

Done in one minute no codes. I unplugged it at the dealer and never plugged it back in.

Attached Images  

Last edited by TRAKCAR; 08-30-2010 at 08:46 PM.
Old 08-31-2010, 12:46 AM
Former Vendor
stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Newman
Does anyone have a schematic of the OEM exhaust detailing the major components and the location/number and functionality of these values that must control baffles within one or more locations of the exhaust system.
Just point me to an earlier thread if possible as I am sure that has been discussed numerous times.

Before I even consider modifying anything, I'd like to know what I've got ...
Here you go :

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...r-cutaway.html

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...r-cutaway.html

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...aust-info.html

Cheers , Stef

Old 08-31-2010, 04:51 AM
andrewdr is infamous around these parts
When unplugged on the 997.1 GT3, the sound is amazing, i am sure the same, if not better for the 997.2 GT3.

Old 08-31-2010, 07:07 PM
Newman is a jewel in the roughNewman is a jewel in the roughNewman is a jewel in the rough
Thanks Stef - I missed these posts; I appreciate the excellent information. I need to think about my options and what I am trying to achieve - the lack of resonance is really important to me, I've ruined more than one car with an exhaust modification.

Old 08-31-2010, 09:29 PM
Shadowman is infamous around these parts
Congratulations on your new gal

Now as for the by-pass etc it would seem that great answers were shared in fact by Stef aka Euro-Pipe as well who's product I have used and enjoyed.

This I will state again; the gals respond with more torque down low with some back pressure however on the big end they like to free breath

Takes care

Shadowman

Old 09-01-2010, 06:06 AM
scott is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
You just unplug the lectric plug and zip tie it.

Done in one minute no codes. I unplugged it at the dealer and never plugged it back in.

What does unplugging this do exactly? Any effect on low end torque? Does it just make the car sound like the sport button is pressed all the time?

Old 09-01-2010, 08:53 AM
KaamaCat has a spectacular aura aboutKaamaCat has a spectacular aura aboutKaamaCat has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by scott
What does unplugging this do exactly? Any effect on low end torque? Does it just make the car sound like the sport button is pressed all the time?
According to Porsche yes, on the impact to low end tq....etc. (And if you do the un-plug then you get the sound 24x7)