Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Shadowman with a Couple GT3.2 RS Questions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-02-2010, 05:48 AM
TRAKCAR is a glorious beacon of lightTRAKCAR is a glorious beacon of lightTRAKCAR is a glorious beacon of lightTRAKCAR is a glorious beacon of lightTRAKCAR is a glorious beacon of light
+1

You can do safely by yourself. Just break fronts lose with help to put foot on brake.

My break in; varying load levels first few hundred miles revving only with hot engine. After that my first track day I short shifted at 7500. On youtube TRAKCAR 05-08-10 PCA Sebring.

Sorry if I did not see it mentioned above. On my cell phone.
To remove cap you can use Lowes paint can openers. Make sure you stick in deep. Still will bend. I will order extra set suncoast soon.

If you want to save your back buy the tool that looks like a *****. I forget name of supplier.
Rear wheels are too heavy to be able to remove and put on without change of touching caliper or fender.

Old 09-02-2010, 07:59 AM
utkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Shadowman
I am not familiar with the center lock wheel system and frankly have not researched it.
Out of 3 people I know who own GT3 (rs) cars 2 of them changed center lock to 5 bolts. their reasoning was that torque wrench for center lock is quite heavy and bulky and it was a problem to carry it around and it is generally easier to replace wheels on your own with regular 5 bolts system.

But, i guess it is mostly a habitual thing, if you will get used to center lock and will not have to change your rims too often - it will be just fine. Plus if car will travel in a trailer heavy/bulky issue will also not be a problem.

Old 09-02-2010, 08:01 AM
mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
+1

If you want to save your back buy the tool that looks like a *****. I forget name of supplier.
3R racing makes it. google the site.
if you have PCCB, this tool is a MUST.
if you have iron rotor, go ahead and bang on the rotors, no prob.

Old 09-02-2010, 08:02 AM
mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by utkinpol
Out of 3 people I know who own GT3 (rs) cars 2 of them changed center lock to 5 bolts. their reasoning was that torque wrench for center lock is quite heavy and bulky and it was a problem to carry it around and it is generally easier to replace wheels on your own with regular 5 bolts system.

But, i guess it is mostly a habitual thing, if you will get used to center lock and will not have to change your rims too often - it will be just fine. Plus if car will travel in a trailer heavy/bulky issue will also not be a problem.
pls post detail
how and what parts to get to do the change to 5 bolts

Old 09-02-2010, 08:04 AM
Originally Posted by Shadowman
I do agreed that $50 each retail is pricey and yet for many the same would be shared for that which we paid for the gals as such I simply smile expecting nothing less from Porsche as well as other marquees and remain relaxed.

In my world I would sooner pay the price for the caps now and tuck them away for that evening when I am sevicing the gal and find one or more that I am not longer happy with and smile knowing that I have a fresh set.

Futhermore when they were ordered today I was told that they are a from Germany item.

mooty thank you again

Takes care

Shadowman
if you need OEM parts, order from suncoast porsche. they are usually the cheapest by quite a bit.

Old 09-02-2010, 08:24 AM
utkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by mooty
pls post detail
how and what parts to get to do the change to 5 bolts
i will ask them when i see them again. honestly - I have no clue. Those people use same mechanic I use, and he can do prettu much anything. they could have replaced uprights, but i do not want to speculate, no clue.

my mechanic gave a response, see below. he did not do it, so, for what its worth:
--------------------------------------------------
humm, I would guess ~ 1k per corner still....

whl hubs ~ 440.00 ea
bearings ~ 110.00 ea
retaining bolt ~ 190.00 ea
lug bolts or studs and nuts x20 ( as much as 160.00 per corner)
what ever else is needed ~????

Last edited by utkinpol; 09-02-2010 at 11:21 AM.