Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Windshield visor strip FTW

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-18-2010, 11:31 PM
mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !
Smile Windshield visor strip FTW

Hey guys. Couple weeks ago I was looking for a solution for my sunvisor-less interior after having factory cage installed. I decided to order windshield visor strip from Kyle at KI Studios http://www.porschestripes.com/decals.html to help block out the sun on the track. I have to say these windshield visor strip works great and the glare from the sun did not bother me once at Laguna Seca.

These windshield visor strips can be ordered with whatever graphic you desire. You can even have it say "sugar mama bought me RS" lol. Best of all it's very reasonably priced at $38

It is easily applied. The black strip and the letter come separately. Put couple drops of dish soap in a spray bottle and fill it up. Clean your windshield well first then spray the solution on the windshield and the back side of the visor tape. Apply it on the windshield and make sure it is even on both ends and cut off the excess at each ends with a scissor. You will have about 2 inches of space at each end from the top of the windshield to the black visor strip since windshield is curved. Gently squeegee out the excess soap solution from center and out. Wait about 1 hour then you can peel off the cover backing and ready for your letter or graphic

Do spray the back side of the letter with soap solution before apply on the black visor strip. I made the mistake of applying it dry and had to peel it off from the black strip - caused some lifting and bubble under the black strip. Squeegee out the soap solution, wait 1/2 to 1 hour then peel off the cover backing and you are good to go.

Here is what it looks like right after install. I also order car number with the factory Porsche design on the door. These car number tape are applied dry - super easy to install

What it looks like on the track

Action view from inside ... looks fantastic while chasing down a 2011 RS

Last edited by GT3 Chuck; 09-19-2010 at 12:28 AM. Reason: active link to a commercial non sponsor site
Old 09-19-2010, 12:46 AM
Edwin814 is infamous around these parts
the decal looked really nice in person. the interior (or the lack thereof) turned out great too!

Old 09-19-2010, 01:14 AM
matrose73 is infamous around these parts
Looks great!

Old 09-19-2010, 06:41 AM
StreetSpeed is infamous around these parts
You are hard core sir. Also curious, how many track days you have on the PCCBs? I don't see myself getting a car with PCCBs in the future, but if I found one for a good price that happened to have them, just wondering how long they'll last on the track...

Old 09-19-2010, 03:16 PM
mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Edwin814
the decal looked really nice in person. the interior (or the lack thereof) turned out great too!
Thanks Edwin ... now we just need to strip your M3

Originally Posted by StreetSpeed
You are hard core sir. Also curious, how many track days you have on the PCCBs? I don't see myself getting a car with PCCBs in the future, but if I found one for a good price that happened to have them, just wondering how long they'll last on the track...
PCCB is long gone. It's worthless on the track my friend. I fade out PCCB after just 3-4 laps at Laguna Seca with the most aggressive Porsche motorsport green pads. They are worthless IMHO and not a solid ceramic disc. PCCB is only a thin laminated ceramic sheet bound to a substrate on the back. Once you wear out the laminated ceramic sheet then your PCCB is done

Old 09-19-2010, 03:39 PM
StreetSpeed is infamous around these parts
Cool thanks for the info. I saw your yellow calipers and assumed you were still running them. Didn't know you could use those calipers with regular steel rotors (shows what I know...).

Old 09-19-2010, 04:07 PM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Looks great, does yours block out the sun completely (opaque), or is it translucent?

Old 09-19-2010, 06:19 PM
Greentree is infamous around these parts
My understanding is that when the PCCB rotors wear out, you replace them with GT3 Cup rotors. The Cup rotor is supposed to accept the PCCB caliper. Is that right?

Old 09-19-2010, 06:24 PM
YoopsRacing is infamous around these parts
thanks for sharing - been thinking about this for a street car.

Old 09-19-2010, 06:25 PM
Damage is infamous around these parts
Does the black strip stick to the outside or inside? If outside, it doesn't interfere with your windshield wipers? Wouldn't it wear out part of the rubber after repeated swipes?

Old 09-19-2010, 11:16 PM
mobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud of
how did the car feel without the extra weight??

Old 09-20-2010, 11:17 PM
Originally Posted by NorthVan
Looks great, does yours block out the sun completely (opaque), or is it translucent?
It's opaque

Originally Posted by Greentree
My understanding is that when the PCCB rotors wear out, you replace them with GT3 Cup rotors. The Cup rotor is supposed to accept the PCCB caliper. Is that right?
Yup, you got it

Originally Posted by YoopsRacing
thanks for sharing - been thinking about this for a street car.
You can use it for street or track

Originally Posted by Damage
Does the black strip stick to the outside or inside? If outside, it doesn't interfere with your windshield wipers? Wouldn't it wear out part of the rubber after repeated swipes?
It's outside of the window ... not planning on drivin in the rain much. It is suppose to hold up against windshield wiper

Originally Posted by mobonic
how did the car feel without the extra weight??
3080 lbs 1/2 tank. Feels great!

Old 09-27-2010, 10:14 AM
griggsat is infamous around these parts
Does the visor strip cover the rain sensor and if so does it interfere with it?

Thanks!
Ashley

Old 09-27-2010, 11:51 AM
RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !
Looks nice.

Old 10-01-2010, 12:41 AM
Originally Posted by griggsat
Does the visor strip cover the rain sensor and if so does it interfere with it?

Thanks!
Ashley
I think it's the temperature sensor you are referring to. It cover 1/2 of the sensor and temperature reading still works