Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

GT3RS - Street tire selection

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-24-2010, 06:47 AM
KaamaCat has a spectacular aura aboutKaamaCat has a spectacular aura aboutKaamaCat has a spectacular aura about
GT3RS - Street tire selection

Question for you all.

If I go (lets say) to TireRack for the 2010/11 RS, I see some other tire and the MPSC's......... yet I get a much larger selection when looking for the fronts/rears by size alone.

Any specific reason for that. (other than possibly they have dialed-in that the car's main intended use may not be "street").

And I ask because I love the MPSC's, but, would not mind a 2nd set for street driving, smaller trips...etc. (Its a waste of a car not to use I think most would agree). I see the PS2's there......... man.........too bad the RE11's do not come in the 325/30/19 rear size.....

Any input? (and thanks)

Old 09-24-2010, 08:40 AM
damon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond repute
When you search by a specific vehicle or by matching front rear, you ask our system to sort by what is available in both sizes together that matches the car you are looking for. In this case, one with different size tires front and rear. If searching by individual size only it will show all available tires in that size regardless if there is a matching rear within the brand and model.

Hope this helps. Please call me if you have any questions.

**Don't forget to add my name to online orders!**

Or use this link:
http://www.tirerack.com/a.jsp?a=BH1&url=index.jsp
Old 09-24-2010, 08:45 AM
luiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud of
Get the new Pirelly Trofeo tires...

Old 09-24-2010, 08:52 AM
Targa Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond repute
I'm waiting for the next gen PS2.

Damon, do you have more news about this?

Old 09-24-2010, 10:48 AM
Banned
GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !
The Pirelli Trofeo's are great "R" cpd tires which are perfect for DD BUT their prices cause me to raid my kids college fund. Hell even the Corsa's are ridiculous. That's why I went to the R888's.
The Bridgestane RE-11 is a very good DD and trade-off.

Ranger

Last edited by GT3Ranger; 09-24-2010 at 10:50 AM.
Old 09-24-2010, 04:11 PM
KaamaCat has a spectacular aura aboutKaamaCat has a spectacular aura aboutKaamaCat has a spectacular aura about
.... and what I may do is look around for someone that has a 2010/11 RS with the OEM red wheels for sale and get some street tires on them, and just swap with my current wheels (MPSC's) for my AX events or mt drives...etc.