BBS Introduces NEW FI Centerlock Wheel for GT3

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-28-2010, 12:44 AM
GT3MNL is infamous around these parts
Love them but a little too expensive.

Old 09-28-2010, 12:48 AM
EXLVI has a spectacular aura aboutEXLVI has a spectacular aura about
9k? damn, I read that and already made my choice.

Old 09-28-2010, 12:38 PM
Xavier_GT3 is infamous around these parts
9k?? not for me, but it's still great wheels

Old 09-28-2010, 02:36 PM
Tech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by vividracing
Thought we would share this new BBS FI wheel for the 997.2 GT3 and GT3RS. Forged monoblock wheel, milled for a unique mesh style, weight reduced by back milling the spokes, flow formed inner rim.

GT3: 19x8.5/19x12
GT3 RS: 19x9/19x12

Available in titanium silver. Post up comments!

Interesting description, "flow formed inner rim". That technology is usually reserved for wheels that come from a foundry, not a forging plant. Do we conclude that these are $9000 CAST wheels?

Old 09-28-2010, 03:02 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
All info I had pulled for these wheels was found here - http://www.bbs-racing-wheels.com/seiten/htm.txt/ree.htm

Old 09-28-2010, 03:08 PM
Tech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond repute
Well, these are certainly forged wheels. BBS is as reputable as they come.
This is the first time I have heard a forged wheel company use the "flow formed" terminology.
Best of luck with the new product. The wheels are gorgeous.

Old 09-28-2010, 03:09 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
I was more or less sharing the info I found.

Old 09-28-2010, 03:34 PM
Site Sponsor
vividracing2 has a reputation beyond reputevividracing2 has a reputation beyond reputevividracing2 has a reputation beyond reputevividracing2 has a reputation beyond reputevividracing2 has a reputation beyond reputevividracing2 has a reputation beyond reputevividracing2 has a reputation beyond reputevividracing2 has a reputation beyond reputevividracing2 has a reputation beyond reputevividracing2 has a reputation beyond reputevividracing2 has a reputation beyond repute
Sorry had to get some info direct from BBS.

Technically they look like the FI wheels however they are the:

Forged aluminum RE race wheels from BBS Motorsports division that are
TUV approved and homologated for street use.
They are not “flow formed”…. that’s a process that is used on many of the BBS cast wheels.

If anyone is interested they currently have 2 sets instock in Silver.

Old 09-28-2010, 03:44 PM
Former Vendor
BTW FULL retail on these wheels is $8380, not $9000. Now of course there is discounts. This is price comparative for a FULL race wheel weighing what it does and centerlock.

Old 09-28-2010, 03:50 PM
Originally Posted by vividracing2
Sorry had to get some info direct from BBS.

Technically they look like the FI wheels however they are the:

Forged aluminum RE race wheels from BBS Motorsports division that are
TUV approved and homologated for street use.
They are not “flow formed”…. that’s a process that is used on many of the BBS cast wheels.

If anyone is interested they currently have 2 sets instock in Silver.
Great clarification. You guys are a class act.

Old 09-29-2010, 04:44 AM
THEMASH is infamous around these parts
$8k is a lot, but i think it depends on the weight saved.
I am thinking of ordering a set for my 430 Scuderia, wait saving for me is going to be around 34 lbs of rotational mass total, so i think its worth it if the weight saving is big. but thats just my .02

Last edited by THEMASH; 09-29-2010 at 09:46 AM.
Old 09-29-2010, 09:37 AM
Former Vendor
Hope we can help you with that order

$8K for saving that kind of rotational weight, a proven brand, and the utmost in quality is not bad. Think what people were paying for Dymags! HRE 19" Competition wheels like I have on my 997TT retail for $6700. The 19x8.5 weighed 19lbs and the 19x11 weighed 20.5lbs. The rotational weight savings over the P40 at 21lbs and 24lbs made a huge difference in getting to 206.2mph.

Old 09-29-2010, 09:45 AM
THEMASH is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by vividracing
Hope we can help you with that order
I have already e-mailed Rob about these wheels

Old 09-29-2010, 10:54 AM
kiet420 is a splendid one to beholdkiet420 is a splendid one to beholdkiet420 is a splendid one to beholdkiet420 is a splendid one to beholdkiet420 is a splendid one to beholdkiet420 is a splendid one to beholdkiet420 is a splendid one to behold
These wheels are HOT!!

Old 09-29-2010, 11:06 AM
luiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud of
These are the best RS wheels at the moment but the cost!!!.
PM sent to Vivid Racing ..

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: BBS Introduces NEW FI Centerlock Wheel for GT3