Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Need help in making a tyre purchase

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-12-2010, 07:50 AM
dinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by GT3Ranger
The Pirelli Corsa's are great (wet & dry) specifically over the MPSC which SUCK in the rain (hell just wet). My issue has been pricing. Just way too much.
I agree with above comments about the R888's. I love them as DD and track use on my GT3RS. Would recommend them hands down.

To above comment, the Nitto INVO's were a grave disappointment. Their sidewalls are terrible. Soft, no hardcore structural integrity, bouncy and mushy on hard cornering. Maybe good in just a straightline but that's not the life of a GT3/RS.

btw what are the prices of the Pirelli Trofeos? May have to raid the kids college fund.

Ranger
Ranger, I respect your opinion, however this turbo owner has his car set up pretty well for a twisty ride and I have been more than impressed with this tires ability to give me confidence (which I never had before with the turbo due awd feel as appose to the S I previously had) through twisties. While I am not making a comparison of turbo to GT3/rs, I am stating that this tire is as good as the 888 that you recommend. I also know plenty of people who have been disappointed by the 888's but this just shows that its all in what makes you feel comfortable.

Old 10-24-2010, 05:17 PM
Va122 is infamous around these parts
I personally hate the 888s

Old 10-24-2010, 07:12 PM
luiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud ofluiscarlos has much to be proud of
Pirelli Trofeo OMG today used a new set and wow like nothing in the world...

Old 10-25-2010, 11:50 AM
Sladep has a spectacular aura aboutSladep has a spectacular aura aboutSladep has a spectacular aura about
Luis,
Can you pls. elaborate on what you like about the Trofeos? thanks,
Sladep

Old 10-25-2010, 12:14 PM
TRAKCAR is a glorious beacon of lightTRAKCAR is a glorious beacon of lightTRAKCAR is a glorious beacon of lightTRAKCAR is a glorious beacon of lightTRAKCAR is a glorious beacon of light
I personally hate the 888s
Same here, for the track anyway as soon as the thread goes away, no grip and they cord much faster then RA1's.. You might as well get R6.

For road driving I have the 4 x 4 threaded General tires, cheap, funner to drive in the dry and won't kill you in the wet, like the Cup's do.