Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

porsche warranty\ trackday

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-13-2010, 12:50 PM
Hayden94 is infamous around these parts
Thanks,yes just really caught off guard by the whole process. I've tracked turbos for years without any problems.

Old 10-13-2010, 04:27 PM
Glock Guru is a splendid one to beholdGlock Guru is a splendid one to beholdGlock Guru is a splendid one to beholdGlock Guru is a splendid one to beholdGlock Guru is a splendid one to beholdGlock Guru is a splendid one to beholdGlock Guru is a splendid one to behold
The way this sounds, if I'm at any track racing or otherwise, Porsche will not come to the track and pick up my car. You just say bla bla bla and the word track and they shut you down.

Having said that, my dealer takes care of me. Take care of the sales man and the service writer and they will take care of you.

-Troy

Old 10-13-2010, 06:26 PM
gt34me is infamous around these parts
Problem might be if you are away and not at a local track. Will Porsche say come 300-500 miles to pickup the car and take it back to your dealer or the closest dealer...I.E., say you at Laguna Seca and live in socal, won't they bring to San Jose instead????

Old 10-13-2010, 06:50 PM
f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !
Talk to them. I have pulled into the dealership with my truck/trailer to drop off my Porka in for repairs straight from the track. With hoosiers on, track numbers etc. No problem. I'm not asking for Porsche sponsorship in repairs but some minor things that fail and are not track related should be covered.

Old 10-13-2010, 06:58 PM
Gus F is infamous around these parts
This subject is always a good debate, I wonder what official position a dealer like Champion will take, they are inviting the customers to a track event they are putting together this coming october 23 at PBIR.

Last edited by Gus F; 10-13-2010 at 08:42 PM.
Old 10-13-2010, 07:27 PM
malmasri is infamous around these parts
OP: pressure plate failure on the RS seems to be happening more often than not....Any damage to the bell housing?....this will not be cheap if you have to pay out of pocket.....the dealer makes all the difference in the world....
Mooty: PP may fail even without a missed shift, Ask me....they can tell as you know if there are any over revs

Old 10-14-2010, 06:30 AM
rwgrif is a splendid one to beholdrwgrif is a splendid one to beholdrwgrif is a splendid one to beholdrwgrif is a splendid one to beholdrwgrif is a splendid one to beholdrwgrif is a splendid one to beholdrwgrif is a splendid one to behold
This must be a defect. I don't see how a missed shift could harm the pressure plate. Wouldn't it ruin the clutch surface itself or if the clutch held up, then bend the valves?

Another question.....
Why is the dealer (who's supposed to be your friend) making the decision here? If I were the dealer, I'd take it apart, spread the parts out on the floor and let the Porsche Tech Rep for the area make the decision. If he says "no go", then he's the heavy, not me. Isn't the Tech Rep the final word, anyway?

Old 10-14-2010, 07:00 AM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by malmasri
they can tell as you know if there are any over revs
How do they know?

Old 10-14-2010, 08:16 AM
rwgrif is a splendid one to beholdrwgrif is a splendid one to beholdrwgrif is a splendid one to beholdrwgrif is a splendid one to beholdrwgrif is a splendid one to beholdrwgrif is a splendid one to beholdrwgrif is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by jaspergtr
How do they know?
They pick it up in Weissach as a disturbance in "The Force"

Attached Images  
Old 10-14-2010, 08:51 AM
malmasri is infamous around these parts
^......
Code readers....any dealer or a shop with Durametrics can do so

Old 10-16-2010, 06:19 AM
deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ErikG
I learned that lesson the hard way too. AAA to the rescue. I was pissed when they said that they could not pick me up since I was at the track. I had the coolant fittings blow, not something really track related unless it's the heat that causes it.
Oh, that's def track related. Had the same thing happen.

See here: http://forums.rennlist.com/rennforum...-registry.html

FWIW, i ran into the same thing about the tow and repair. It became a word game with myself and the Porsche Roadside Rep on the phone, but I eventually got it covered. People are correct in saying to call AAA.

As far as the repair, if the damage was a result from improper driving, I wouldn't expect Porsche to pick up the tab. However, it the part failed due to a defect or whatever, I would call them out on the good will angle and get them to pick it up. Tough call when it comes to clutch components as that's usually operator error.

In the future, I would suggest calling triple A, and telling Porsche the car failed on a public road far away from the track

Old 10-16-2010, 08:00 AM
I trailer my GT3 so it's not an issue for me, but that gives me an idea. If someone wanted to borrow my trailer for such a devious plan, I'd help 'em push the car on so they could tow it over to the Publix on Hwy 27. Then they could call Porsche roadside assistance and tell'em they were on a grocery run and they need to be picked up quick before the ice cream melts..........

Old 10-16-2010, 09:05 AM
deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by rwgrif
I trailer my GT3 so it's not an issue for me, but that gives me an idea. If someone wanted to borrow my trailer for such a devious plan, I'd help 'em push the car on so they could tow it over to the Publix on Hwy 27. Then they could call Porsche roadside assistance and tell'em they were on a grocery run and they need to be picked up quick before the ice cream melts..........
Where were you last time???

Old 10-16-2010, 09:35 AM
Originally Posted by deputydog95
Where were you last time???
Standing there by my trailer, looking at your car on a flat bed......

Old 10-16-2010, 09:37 AM
Wrong, just wrong....

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: porsche warranty\ trackday