Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

porsche warranty\ trackday

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-18-2010, 02:21 PM
Former Vendor
Sales@Champion is a splendid one to beholdSales@Champion is a splendid one to beholdSales@Champion is a splendid one to beholdSales@Champion is a splendid one to beholdSales@Champion is a splendid one to beholdSales@Champion is a splendid one to beholdSales@Champion is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Hayden94
I recently did a trackday in my 2010 GT3RS and had a mechanical problem. Basically after 1 session the car had to be flatbedded back to the dealership and since it was at a track, porsche road side assistance was not going to help.Once back at the dealership and apart they said the car was not covered due to track usage. Someone in marketing needs to clue porsche in on that they sale it as "a track car for the street".Read your owners manual carefully and its in there.Has anyone else had a warranty problem while doing a trackday ??
Where in FLorida are you located? Please pm me with more details and I will be happy to lend a helping hand.

Old 10-18-2010, 06:26 PM
aus
aus has much to be proud ofaus has much to be proud ofaus has much to be proud ofaus has much to be proud ofaus has much to be proud ofaus has much to be proud ofaus has much to be proud ofaus has much to be proud ofaus has much to be proud of
A lot of track guys who are out of warranty get the AAA upgrade for 100 miles of towing to get them home.

OP, good luck with the dealer.

Old 10-18-2010, 07:27 PM
Hayden94 is infamous around these parts
I cannot pm due to not enough post, but could really use a helping hand.

Last edited by Hayden94; 10-18-2010 at 07:38 PM.
Old 10-18-2010, 07:56 PM
I could not agree more about your porsche dealer taking care of you. I moved and bought my GT3RS from a new dealer to me. It was their 1st and only. The service manager stated porsches never and I repeat never have a mechanical failure they are always 100% driver error, got the picture? I ask then why does anything come with a warranty? I live off HWY 27.

Last edited by Hayden94; 10-18-2010 at 07:58 PM.
Old 10-18-2010, 08:16 PM
Spoke to Porsche Regional Manager friday and then again today to clarify Track Days, D/E are not COVERED. WTF ( why the face ). That would have been great to know before I wrote the check.

Old 10-18-2010, 08:52 PM
fang911 is a glorious beacon of lightfang911 is a glorious beacon of lightfang911 is a glorious beacon of lightfang911 is a glorious beacon of lightfang911 is a glorious beacon of lightfang911 is a glorious beacon of light
Why?

This may be a pretty stupid question, but why would a dealer deny warrantee claims for an issue that occurred on the track that's NOT the result of user error (ie. missed shift)? Doesn't the dealer get paid for performing warrantee work regardless of the reason for the problem?

Old 10-18-2010, 09:05 PM
It's in the owner's manual, track day not covered under warranty.

Old 10-18-2010, 10:41 PM
Smoking Rotors is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by fang911
This may be a pretty stupid question, but why would a dealer deny warrantee claims for an issue that occurred on the track that's NOT the result of user error (ie. missed shift)? Doesn't the dealer get paid for performing warrantee work regardless of the reason for the problem?
Maybe they are hoping they'll get to do the repair for full profit instead of the factory paid rate?

Old 10-18-2010, 10:59 PM
996PCarGo is a splendid one to behold996PCarGo is a splendid one to behold996PCarGo is a splendid one to behold996PCarGo is a splendid one to behold996PCarGo is a splendid one to behold996PCarGo is a splendid one to behold996PCarGo is a splendid one to behold996PCarGo is a splendid one to behold
Arrow The...

...key phrase is ... track car "for the street"...

They never said it was a track car for the track. Its for the street.

You are lucky that they don't void the entire warranty. BMW would.

I have a pal who lost a 100k mile BMW Plat. warranty by tracking his ride.

Old 10-18-2010, 11:22 PM
speedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud of
don't ever go back nor buy anything from that dealer again. find another one.

Old 10-19-2010, 06:32 AM
malmasri is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Hayden94
I could not agree more about your porsche dealer taking care of you. I moved and bought my GT3RS from a new dealer to me. It was their 1st and only. The service manager stated porsches never and I repeat never have a mechanical failure they are always 100% driver error, got the picture? I ask then why does anything come with a warranty? I live off HWY 27.

You need to inform your delusional service manager that he is trying to off load a boat load of crap......anyone who owned Porsches will tell you that there are many many failures due to assembly or faulty parts..how about the coolant fittings on the 996 and 997 that are joined by Locktite which comes loose every so often and Porsche knows it...it is dangerous and it may take somone to lose his life and have a multimillion dollar case against Porsche because they continue to keep quite about it reather than coming out with a fix

Old 10-19-2010, 01:00 PM
XPGT2 is a splendid one to beholdXPGT2 is a splendid one to beholdXPGT2 is a splendid one to beholdXPGT2 is a splendid one to beholdXPGT2 is a splendid one to beholdXPGT2 is a splendid one to beholdXPGT2 is a splendid one to behold
This whole thread SUCKS This should not happen. If the data download did not show a mechanical over rev then it is a warranty claim no matter where it happened. Having a dealer that understands that is key and most dealers do. I have taken my ex 6GT3 in to my dealer on a trailer with R Comps and had no questions regarding warranty work.

Peter

Old 10-19-2010, 03:41 PM
gt34me is infamous around these parts
Get good friends with a flatbed driver screw Porsche....

Old 10-19-2010, 05:22 PM
TRAKCAR is a glorious beacon of lightTRAKCAR is a glorious beacon of lightTRAKCAR is a glorious beacon of lightTRAKCAR is a glorious beacon of lightTRAKCAR is a glorious beacon of light
I cannot pm due to not enough post, but could really use a helping hand.
I'm not sure how far you went with the wrong dealer, but get it out of there.
Champion is your friend, it's only a 2/3 hour drive or so. Get it trailered there and let them take care of you.
If you don't want the hassle, I'm sure they can pick up your car.

Old 10-19-2010, 08:20 PM
Thanks, unfortunately the car is apart so I don't know my options. Did I see your car at the festival of speed in St.Pete ?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: porsche warranty\ trackday