Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

996 TTS to 997.2 GT3 ???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-26-2010, 01:43 AM
ELMEL has much to be proud ofELMEL has much to be proud ofELMEL has much to be proud ofELMEL has much to be proud ofELMEL has much to be proud ofELMEL has much to be proud ofELMEL has much to be proud ofELMEL has much to be proud of
Aaron, did you end up making a decision? I'm still sweating on mine. I'm tempted to go for a GT2, as AlexN suggested (and I've found one I like), but it seems there's no practical way to drive it in the rain -- too much risk in standing water. A non-RS GT3 can have streetable tires like PS2s, so I think it's much more usable as a DD. But I don't really know. Another option for the GT2 could be to get a used Cayenne for those rainy days.

I'm looking at a local GT3, but it doesn't have DEM. I know they make a difference, but enough not to buy it?

Old 12-26-2010, 06:40 AM
911dev is a jewel in the rough911dev is a jewel in the rough911dev is a jewel in the rough911dev is a jewel in the rough
I sold my 997 .1 turbo and a bit later bought a .2 GT3. I loved the torque of the turbo but prefer the high revving NA engine. The .2 3s have much improved torque over the .1s (as I'm sure you know) and the ride is compliant for a car of this nature. The 3 is just so much more fun and the sound intoxicating. Personally, I'd wait for a DEM car.

Old 12-26-2010, 02:44 PM
acf
acf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to behold
Merry xmas ELMEL. I did make a decision. With the Turbo S sold, I was looking and ready to buy a new car. After a week of negotiations I was 1 day away from flying up to norcal to buy a slightly used, white, fully loaded 2010 GT3. Just as I was about to purchase the plane ticket to norcal to pick up the car, the seller changed his mind and decided to hold out for more.

Long story short, after this deal fell through, I did a 180. I decided to step away from p-cars for a bit, focus on other things, and come back to a nice 911 when I see the perfect car that really inspires me again. Maybe a 991 in a year? It's looking pretty sick!

That being said, my good friend on the boards, Av1ator, was kind enough to let me drive his GT3 around newport beach for a bit and as they say.. the sound alone was INTOXICATING. That car is a big win.

Originally Posted by ELMEL
Aaron, did you end up making a decision? I'm still sweating on mine. I'm tempted to go for a GT2, as AlexN suggested (and I've found one I like), but it seems there's no practical way to drive it in the rain -- too much risk in standing water. A non-RS GT3 can have streetable tires like PS2s, so I think it's much more usable as a DD. But I don't really know. Another option for the GT2 could be to get a used Cayenne for those rainy days.

I'm looking at a local GT3, but it doesn't have DEM. I know they make a difference, but enough not to buy it?

Old 12-26-2010, 03:40 PM
911dev is a jewel in the rough911dev is a jewel in the rough911dev is a jewel in the rough911dev is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by aaronchanfilms
Merry xmas ELMEL. I did make a decision. With the Turbo S sold, I was looking and ready to buy a new car. After a week of negotiations I was 1 day away from flying up to norcal to buy a slightly used, white, fully loaded 2010 GT3. Just as I was about to purchase the plane ticket to norcal to pick up the car, the seller changed his mind and decided to hold out for more.

Long story short, after this deal fell through, I did a 180. I decided to step away from p-cars for a bit, focus on other things, and come back to a nice 911 when I see the perfect car that really inspires me again. Maybe a 991 in a year? It's looking pretty sick!

That being said, my good friend on the boards, Av1ator, was kind enough to let me drive his GT3 around newport beach for a bit and as they say.. the sound alone was INTOXICATING. That car is a big win.

The C2S 991 won't be a GT3 no matter how nice it looks. You'll have to wait 2 1/2 years for that.

Old 12-26-2010, 04:38 PM
acf
acf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to behold
No doubt.

Originally Posted by 911dev
The C2S 991 won't be a GT3 no matter how nice it looks. You'll have to wait 2 1/2 years for that.

Old 01-13-2011, 11:34 PM
ELMEL has much to be proud ofELMEL has much to be proud ofELMEL has much to be proud ofELMEL has much to be proud ofELMEL has much to be proud ofELMEL has much to be proud ofELMEL has much to be proud ofELMEL has much to be proud of
I almost bought a CPO 997.2 GT3 yesterday. I had made a deal with the dealer on Tuesday and was planning to call on Wednesday morning with my deposit, but got "sidetracked" by the death of an old friend. I checked in with the dealer later that day only to discover they sold it to someone else. Granted the "someone else" had already been working a deal with them, so by all rights, it was his, but it was very disappointing nonetheless. The car was perfect for me. $150k sticker, $115k CPO, 230 miles. Check out the pics of the interior. I just love it.

http://midwestern.porschedealer.com/...43893/info.php

Old 01-14-2011, 12:12 AM
acf
wow dude, that car looks damn near perfect at a very good price!

Originally Posted by ELMEL
I almost bought a CPO 997.2 GT3 yesterday. I had made a deal with the dealer on Tuesday and was planning to call on Wednesday morning with my deposit, but got "sidetracked" by the death of an old friend. I checked in with the dealer later that day only to discover they sold it to someone else. Granted the "someone else" had already been working a deal with them, so by all rights, it was his, but it was very disappointing nonetheless. The car was perfect for me. $150k sticker, $115k CPO, 230 miles. Check out the pics of the interior. I just love it.

http://midwestern.porschedealer.com/...43893/info.php

Old 01-15-2011, 01:15 PM
vbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant future
They sold this car for 112k. I was trying to buy this as well...Great price for a pretty much brand new car. white is my first preference..kept going back and forth and someone made a deal.

Last edited by vbmw335; 01-15-2011 at 01:17 PM.
Old 01-15-2011, 04:08 PM
acf
White was my first color choice as well. 112k... nice.

Originally Posted by vbmw335
They sold this car for 112k. I was trying to buy this as well...Great price for a pretty much brand new car. white is my first preference..kept going back and forth and someone made a deal.

Old 01-15-2011, 04:08 PM
I had asked them to CPO the car, thus the $115k price. And yeah, it's gone as of today. They called me yesterday to let me know the first prospect might not come through with his financing and I was second in line, but that there was also a third prospect, so I should be ready to pay quickly. I was wondering if they were bluffing, but I guess the third prospect was you. I wonder if the buyer is on here.

White is my first choice for a GT3 as well, but black with PCCBs, yellow belts, and stitching can't be beat. And so stealthy.

Old 01-15-2011, 04:42 PM
vbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant future
sent you a pm

Old 01-16-2011, 04:49 PM
jlee is just really nicejlee is just really nicejlee is just really nicejlee is just really nice
Boy, you guys make me feel lucky that I got my white one

If you see one you like for a good price, better to act quickly since the car will look like a good deal to others as well.

I took the 2010 GT3 for a drive through my favorite stretch of canyon roads this morning(Mulholland hwy, the Snake, etc) and it is better than the 2007 GT3 that I had. The front end just sticks like glue to the road and the steering is almost telepathic: It really feels like I am just thinking of turning and the the car is already turning.

When driven at slower speeds, it just feels noisier compared to the .1 GT3, but when driven harder, everything just comes together and I am in GT3 nirvana.