Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Adventures of a SharkWerks 3.9L 997GT3 @ GTGP: Laguna Seca

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-28-2010, 08:36 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Adventures of a SharkWerks 3.9L 997GT3 @ GTGP: Laguna Seca

Some of you folks have maybe already seen the dynos, videos, magazine and TV stuff staring Kermit before but I thought share another neat SharkWerks 3.9L story with you. Enter our newest addition to the 3.9L family born last month in the form of this meteor grey 2007 997GT3...

A few weeks after completion of this 3.9L project and with only a handful of practice events, the owner proceeded to successfully participate in the 2010 Global Tuner Grand Prix at Laguna Seca with a podium 2nd place finish in the "Tuner Class". Despite going up against some very stiff competition including a twin-supercharged Novitec Ferrari Scuderia and tuned 996 GT2, 2010 997.2 GT3RS and GT3s, he also laid down the quickest qualifying time of the weekend in his class. More importantly he was able to improve upon his previous personal best at Laguna Seca Raceway in 3.6L trim by roughly 2 seconds in 3.9 modified mode by setting down a 1 minute 36.1 second qualifying time in damp/wet/hazardous conditions. Hats off and well done indeed sir!

On the grid:

And finally, some SharkWerks 3.9L track cred delivered by J. Menczer on the far left in 2nd place (behind by only .1 second to the winning Viper ACR). Some superb driving indeed and thanks for flying with us!

Last edited by sharkster; 05-18-2011 at 11:37 AM.
Old 10-28-2010, 08:43 PM
Administrator
GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !
Good stuff Sharkster...keep up the outstanding work!

Old 10-28-2010, 09:08 PM
mobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud of
I was there with Jesse the whole weekend, great driving and congrats on the 2nd...

Old 10-28-2010, 10:19 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by GT3 Chuck
Good stuff Sharkster...keep up the outstanding work!
Thanks Chuck... James builds a mean car We weren't there to provide any real support sadly but to be honest I'm slower than Ms. Daisey so what good would I be....
Originally Posted by mobonic
I was there with Jesse the whole weekend, great driving and congrats on the 2nd...
Cheers mobonic and you guys were all so brave in those conditions

Old 10-28-2010, 10:49 PM
medpilot105 is infamous around these parts
Outstanding for both Sharkwerks and Jesse. I hope to bug him for a ride this weekend at Infineon! <crosses fingers>

Old 10-28-2010, 11:24 PM
FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !
I seen and heard this 3.9 screamin' by while standing in pit lane, it sounds so good. 1.36 is a smokin' time

Old 10-29-2010, 08:59 AM
Former Vendor
Sales@Champion is a splendid one to beholdSales@Champion is a splendid one to beholdSales@Champion is a splendid one to beholdSales@Champion is a splendid one to beholdSales@Champion is a splendid one to beholdSales@Champion is a splendid one to beholdSales@Champion is a splendid one to behold
Congrats Alex =)

Old 10-29-2010, 09:53 AM
snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !
Good stuff Alex! The 3.9 rocks!! I'm closing in on 10,000 miles and it still amazes me every time I get behind the wheel!!

Old 10-29-2010, 01:22 PM
Originally Posted by snowboarder54
Good stuff Alex! The 3.9 rocks!! I'm closing in on 10,000 miles and it still amazes me every time I get behind the wheel!!
Thank you sir and I just had to give a demo to someone today. Tough job but somebody has to do it? The CHP gave me a thumbs up tho

Originally Posted by Sales@Champion
Congrats Alex =)
Cheers you guys!

Originally Posted by TestJet
I seen and heard this 3.9 screamin' by while standing in pit lane, it sounds so good. 1.36 is a smokin' time
Hehe thanks man...

Originally Posted by medpilot105
Outstanding for both Sharkwerks and Jesse. I hope to bug him for a ride this weekend at Infineon! <crosses fingers>
Thank you sir... His car is being picked up right now so hopefully you get a go:P

Old 10-29-2010, 01:47 PM
NSX 3.0 has a spectacular aura aboutNSX 3.0 has a spectacular aura about
Do you have any in car video?

Old 10-29-2010, 03:36 PM
Originally Posted by NSX 3.0
Do you have any in car video?
I believe he does yes.. will try to see if I can get it

Old 10-29-2010, 03:48 PM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
That is awesome news Alex, congrats to everyone involved.

Old 10-29-2010, 05:27 PM
Harold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud of
Great results!!! Congrats!

Old 10-29-2010, 06:00 PM
Misanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant future
Don't know what it is about the rear ends on the .1 3's that steals my heart. Congrats to the both of you. Also would love to see some video!

Old 10-30-2010, 03:14 PM
Former Vendor
Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !
I was pleased to have Jesse at the event.. He is a good shoe....

Alex, I presume next year we will have 100% involvement from Sharkwerks.. Considering this event is in your back yard

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Adventures of a SharkWerks 3.9L 997GT3 @ GTGP: Laguna Seca