Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Pull the trigger

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-04-2010, 04:55 PM
Mr. B is a name known to allMr. B is a name known to allMr. B is a name known to allMr. B is a name known to allMr. B is a name known to allMr. B is a name known to all
Pull the trigger

I have a 2006 C2S but I am close to pulling the trigger and swapping it for a 2007 GT3. I am an SCCA National racer and a regular at the track, so when I get the GT3 I will track it.
I've been told that one mod I should get is the 2010 GT3 rear brake ducts.
What other mods do you guys recommend?
TIA,
Mr. B

Old 11-04-2010, 05:45 PM
schillster1@aol is infamous around these parts
How much do you want to spend!?!?! Here's a short list and I'm sure others will chime in soon!

Performance- Lightweight flywheel, Bi-pass exhaust for sound, track exhaust for lots of sound and a minimal performance increase

safety- roll cage, harnesses, racing seats, hans device

personal touches- trackmate, aluminum pedals, cool shirt

Old 11-04-2010, 06:02 PM
schillster1@aol is infamous around these parts
Here's a few of mine. Not the best pics. I took them with the iphone.

996 GT3 Recaro seats with custom alcantara centers

GMG exhaust powder coated black

Last edited by schillster1@aol; 11-04-2010 at 06:04 PM.
Old 11-04-2010, 08:06 PM
PJS
PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !
quasi required: seats, bar, harnesses, track alignment, track pads, Hans

optional: new diff or re-work stock internals when it wears out after a few track days, track wheels/tires, and then the sky is the limit

Last edited by PJS; 11-04-2010 at 08:09 PM.
Old 11-04-2010, 08:39 PM
Banned
GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !
Mr. B so are you planning to race the GT3 in SCCA?
I do not have to tell you all the tech requirements to properly prep a race car for SCCA rules. You know these regs.

There isn't that much great hp gains from mods for these cars as they come out of the box. This of course remaining within class rules.
Some thoughts (not in order of importance):
1. suspension improvements
2. weight reduction
3. lighter competition 18" wheels
4. call Matt at Guard Transmission and get set up with a race prepped LSD (50/80) and 4.125 R&P. In comparison the Porsche LSD sucks!
There other things but as I said I do not believe you need to hear them.

I raced all through the 90's in SCCA. Raced mainly Mazda RX7's (1st & 2nd gen.) in ITS class. Later went to 944's in ITS.
I'm sure classes have changed but just curious. What class would a GT3 fit in?
When we started racing a Porsche 993 3.8 RSR in IMSA we ran the Porsche for tuning/prepping in regional races in SP class (super production). Don't even know if this exists anymore.

Ranger

Old 11-04-2010, 11:46 PM
Laguna_Dude has a reputation beyond reputeLaguna_Dude has a reputation beyond reputeLaguna_Dude has a reputation beyond reputeLaguna_Dude has a reputation beyond reputeLaguna_Dude has a reputation beyond reputeLaguna_Dude has a reputation beyond reputeLaguna_Dude has a reputation beyond reputeLaguna_Dude has a reputation beyond reputeLaguna_Dude has a reputation beyond reputeLaguna_Dude has a reputation beyond reputeLaguna_Dude has a reputation beyond repute
Look no further. I will be selling my RS (getting a cup car). It is, IMO, one of the best handling RS' in the country. God knows how much $$ I spent on it! Take a look at all the mods I did.

See all the goodies here: https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...agunaDude.html

I would suggest all the suspension mods, including motons and a Motorsport LSD. Safety first... get cage, 5-6 point belts, and fixed back seats for support.... or you can put in a reasonable offer for my RS and have it all and more.....

Last edited by Laguna_Dude; 11-05-2010 at 12:08 AM.
Old 11-05-2010, 04:51 PM
Mr. B is a name known to allMr. B is a name known to allMr. B is a name known to allMr. B is a name known to allMr. B is a name known to allMr. B is a name known to all
No

Originally Posted by GT3Ranger
Mr. B so are you planning to race the GT3 in SCCA?
I do not have to tell you all the tech requirements to properly prep a race car for SCCA rules. You know these regs.

There isn't that much great hp gains from mods for these cars as they come out of the box. This of course remaining within class rules.
Some thoughts (not in order of importance):
1. suspension improvements
2. weight reduction
3. lighter competition 18" wheels
4. call Matt at Guard Transmission and get set up with a race prepped LSD (50/80) and 4.125 R&P. In comparison the Porsche LSD sucks!
There other things but as I said I do not believe you need to hear them.

I raced all through the 90's in SCCA. Raced mainly Mazda RX7's (1st & 2nd gen.) in ITS class. Later went to 944's in ITS.
I'm sure classes have changed but just curious. What class would a GT3 fit in?
When we started racing a Porsche 993 3.8 RSR in IMSA we ran the Porsche for tuning/prepping in regional races in SP class (super production). Don't even know if this exists anymore.

Ranger
No I don't plan to race it. I have an SSC car that I do race in SCCA. In addition to racing I instruct at HPDE's and I get free track time. I do maybe 10 to 15 track days a year and I would run the GT3 in those events.
Mr. B

Old 11-05-2010, 05:08 PM
rmag is infamous around these parts
Put some hoosiers,pagid yellows, rear toe links, and safety gear on it. Done. Car is very capable out of the box! After getting accustom to the car, then begin to mod if you feel its necessary.

Old 11-05-2010, 05:11 PM
Originally Posted by rmag
Put some hoosiers,pagid yellows, rear toe links, and safety gear on it. Done. Car is very capable out of the box! After getting accustom to the car, then begin to mod if you feel its necessary.

Many thanks to all who posted!!
Mr. B

Old 11-06-2010, 06:17 AM
10 to 15 track days a year

Originally Posted by schillster1@aol
How much do you want to spend!?!?! Here's a short list and I'm sure others will chime in soon!
Performance- Lightweight flywheel, Bi-pass exhaust for sound, track exhaust for lots of sound and a minimal performance increase
safety- roll cage, harnesses, racing seats, hans device
personal touches- trackm
ate, aluminum pedals, cool shirt
I won't be racing the car. I'll be doing 10 to 15 track days a year.
What's "trackmate" ??

A friend of mine has the following 2 mods on his car. He has others but he says these two add HP:
Cargraphic Kit 3 exhaust system 20hp
FVD ECU tune 10hp

Comments???
Mr. B