Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Wow

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-11-2010, 01:12 PM
Mr. B is a name known to allMr. B is a name known to allMr. B is a name known to allMr. B is a name known to allMr. B is a name known to allMr. B is a name known to all
Wow

So, I've only had the car a few days but it doesn't take long to learn how vulnerable that front spoiler is. I have a very shallow angled driveway to my garage and no matter how dramatic I slant in to avoid scraping, it still scrapes.

I researched this forum for old threads and it seems that this is a universal problem. Some guys use door edge molding, but there's still scraping.

So, do you all just live with it??

Mr. B

Old 11-11-2010, 01:53 PM
seung is infamous around these parts
just live with it!
it is a relatively inexpensive part and very easy to replace.
i'm on my fifth one right now!

Old 11-11-2010, 02:07 PM
Misanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant future
Just wait till you get the cup front spoiler
Actually I have one for sale if you are ever interested. Shipping is way to expensive for the size and weight of the piece so I was hoping someone local would pick it up, but no one has. PM if you're interested.

Old 11-11-2010, 02:12 PM
utkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Mr. B
So, I've only had the car a few days but it doesn't take long to learn how vulnerable that front spoiler is. I have a very shallow angled driveway to my garage and no matter how dramatic I slant in to avoid scraping, it still scrapes.

I researched this forum for old threads and it seems that this is a universal problem. Some guys use door edge molding, but there's still scraping.

So, do you all just live with it??

Mr. B
you can get coil overs with a hydraulic lift system... that is the only practical solution.
my driveway is so steep so I scrub front of my standard C2 bumper without lower lip, so proper aerokit like yours is not even an option.

other solution is to transport car to a track on a trailer.

Old 11-11-2010, 02:47 PM
chardonet is infamous around these partschardonet is infamous around these parts
Everytime I get in and out of my driveway, I lose a part of the lip, especially on the driver side. I have totally worn away the lower section there, and there is no plastic left on the bottom. I don't even bother replacing them anymore.

Old 11-11-2010, 03:26 PM
DD GT3 RD has much to be proud ofDD GT3 RD has much to be proud ofDD GT3 RD has much to be proud ofDD GT3 RD has much to be proud ofDD GT3 RD has much to be proud ofDD GT3 RD has much to be proud ofDD GT3 RD has much to be proud ofDD GT3 RD has much to be proud ofDD GT3 RD has much to be proud ofDD GT3 RD has much to be proud of
the whole top of mine is scratched...it actually folds under if you go up a real steep driveway...scratching the bottom doesnt matter

Old 11-11-2010, 03:27 PM
ntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud of
I built ramps out of wood that I put out every time I leave my driveway

Old 11-11-2010, 07:32 PM
Mr. B is a name known to allMr. B is a name known to allMr. B is a name known to allMr. B is a name known to allMr. B is a name known to allMr. B is a name known to all
Input

Originally Posted by ntlgnt1
I built ramps out of wood that I put out every time I leave my driveway
Thanks for all the input.
Much appreciated.
I will probably ignore the problem until I need a new spoiler.
Mr. B

Old 11-11-2010, 09:06 PM
FTS
FTS is infamous around these parts
Hello all, my first post here, but I thought this may be useful:

http://www.griotsgarage.com/product/...rrivals&page=1

Old 11-11-2010, 10:25 PM
jimxyz is infamous around these parts
I scrape mine so much that it looks like it has been chewed on by rats. I'm ordering a new one, but my driveway alone will eat it up in a month... So, I guess I live with it until I can get the new model with the lift.

Old 11-12-2010, 12:05 AM
WickedToy is infamous around these parts
mine is scratched too. Its usual and normal thing.

Old 11-12-2010, 04:46 AM
Thx

Originally Posted by WickedToy
mine is scratched too. Its usual and normal thing.
Great feedback, and much appreciated.
Mr. B

Old 11-12-2010, 05:01 AM
996TTFred is infamous around these parts
I had a crack in the concrete close to the street so I had the concrete guy taper my drive so that my lip would not drag.

Old 11-12-2010, 08:20 AM
BMWDEMON is a jewel in the roughBMWDEMON is a jewel in the roughBMWDEMON is a jewel in the rough
I've had lowered cars for many years and found backing into the driveway at a slight angle relieves scraping the trying to front load into it. I also have done like ntlgnt1 and built mini wood ramps that "fit" the driveway end so in essence extended the driveway enough to be able to get in without scraping. It is an extra two minutes but it saves the lip and the stress from cringing everytime you do scrape!

M

Old 11-12-2010, 09:33 AM
yak52pilot is a splendid one to beholdyak52pilot is a splendid one to beholdyak52pilot is a splendid one to beholdyak52pilot is a splendid one to beholdyak52pilot is a splendid one to beholdyak52pilot is a splendid one to behold
My splitter is painted in bodycolor. So if i wanna get a new one i will have to get it painted too.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Wow