Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Boxster Spyder for GT3... should I

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-15-2010, 05:22 AM
invisible-z is infamous around these parts
Boxster Spyder for GT3... should I

I currently own a Boxster Spyder and put a good 1600 miles on it in about a month. I really love it and the open top aspect adds another dimension to the driving pleasure.

but...

The GT3 was the car that got me interested in Porsche in the first place. I got a chance to sit in one when I visited the Nurburgring back in 2009 and couple months later I find myself signing for a Porsche myself.

I got the Spyder cause of its unique looks and character but still look at the GT3 every time I pass by one. It's like you can't resist checking out that hot chick sitting behind your girlfriend (or wife) in a restaurant. Fortunately, the Spyder can't put my on a sex ban =)

What do you guys think?

Last edited by invisible-z; 11-15-2010 at 05:25 AM.
Old 11-15-2010, 06:23 AM
German RS is infamous around these parts
If the money isn´t a problem, get the GT3 and keep both in your Garage...

These are two completely different cars. The GT3 is the Car for the track duty and the Spyder is the car to do a nice Sunday-Trip with your Gilrfriend.

If you have to decide between both, I´d always take the GT3. For me, it´s so much more fun then the Boxster if you drive it.

If you want both but your Girlfriend just allows you to have one, take the Endine out of the GT3 and put it in the Boxster That thing will be way faster then all the other GT3´s.

Old 11-15-2010, 06:37 AM
sayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond repute
I own both, both are track prepped, and driven on street and track. I enjoy both equally. Spyder has the mid-engine go-cart handling. GT3 is more powerful and more of a challenge to drive well.

Good luck. Both are great cars.

Old 11-15-2010, 08:36 AM
PolarPorsche is infamous around these parts
If your primary use for the car is street use, than the Spyder is your best bet. The Spyder is so much nicer to drive on the street and in traffic, it is a true all around sports car and I see it as the better looking car. IMHO

If you have intentions of doing lots of DE type events, than the GT3 is a great car, this also depends on your level of track experience. The GT3 is the wrong car for daily driver use, it's some what rough and less refined that the Spyder.

The bottom line is it's your money and your choice, both cars are great and I feel fortunate to have one of each so I don't have to decide. If I could only have one it would be the Spyder, it's the better car for everyday use.

Old 11-30-2010, 07:50 PM
sprinter is infamous around these parts
I have a 2010 GT3 and have a 2011 Boxster Spyder on order, which should arrive in January. I would keep both!

Old 11-30-2010, 10:19 PM
GTS-R is infamous around these parts
I have an 2008 RS and a 2011 Spyder. For the street, I prefer the Spyder as long as it isn't too cold or raining (always have the top off).