Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Rennline solid engine mount review

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-17-2010, 08:44 PM
mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !
Since I have PDK...what would soil engine mounts do for my car? Would they even work with a PDK car?

Old 11-18-2010, 01:47 AM
mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by mdrums
Since I have PDK...what would soil engine mounts do for my car? Would they even work with a PDK car?
Solid engine mounts will make turning on the track a joy ... you won't be fighting with 25% of sprung weight swing the opposite direction

Old 11-18-2010, 07:00 AM
Harold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud of
Mike another stunning report. I am very keen to see if it resolves the 2-3 shift issue as that really is getting on my nerves!

Old 11-19-2010, 10:30 AM
Former Vendor
Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !
Rennline makes a great product.....

Old 11-19-2010, 03:04 PM
mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Harold
Mike another stunning report. I am very keen to see if it resolves the 2-3 shift issue as that really is getting on my nerves!
Thanks Harold

Here is Rennline's response on rennlist: http://forums.rennlist.com/rennforum...nt-review.html

"Hey Mikymu, I was just reading your post. Let me start by saying, we apologize that you had to modify our parts to fit correctly. Your comment, "Unfortunately most aftermarket products need some sort of modification" is unacceptable in our eyes. Rennline products should fit without modifications and it is VERY important for our customers to notify us when they do not. This allows us to make the required adjustments so the next customer who purchases them has a more pleasant experience. The nice part about Rennline is that we manufacture all of these parts in-house so it is very easy to us to make changes. This particular item was designed around the 964/993 platform and originally advertised for exactly that. We had several customer tell us that they were the same for the later cars so we began to offer them for those cars. Apparently that is all true except for the gt3 fitment. The good news is that it is an easy fix. Mikymu, Please contact us directly so we can discuss this a bit further and also get you a set of mounts that do not require modification. Thanks everyone."

I spoke with Paul - owner of Rennline - and they have sold many 997 solid engine mounts and they have not receive feedback like this regarding GT3 chassis. Paul thinks the difference is due to the extra aluminum chassis bracket on the GT3 which is not found in other model 996/997. The 1/4" lower drivetrain height with solid engine mount is what's found on Porsche race cars per Paul and lower center of gravity = better performance.

My factory and WEVO engine mounts are on it's way to Paul at Rennline and they are going to address all the small details and make the solid engine mount fit like a glove on our GT3/RS. Stay tune!

Old 11-19-2010, 03:21 PM
OmahaGT Is a GOD !OmahaGT Is a GOD !OmahaGT Is a GOD !OmahaGT Is a GOD !OmahaGT Is a GOD !OmahaGT Is a GOD !OmahaGT Is a GOD !OmahaGT Is a GOD !OmahaGT Is a GOD !OmahaGT Is a GOD !OmahaGT Is a GOD !
Subscribed.

Old 11-19-2010, 11:19 PM
Scottslaw has a reputation beyond reputeScottslaw has a reputation beyond reputeScottslaw has a reputation beyond reputeScottslaw has a reputation beyond reputeScottslaw has a reputation beyond reputeScottslaw has a reputation beyond reputeScottslaw has a reputation beyond reputeScottslaw has a reputation beyond reputeScottslaw has a reputation beyond reputeScottslaw has a reputation beyond reputeScottslaw has a reputation beyond repute
Sorry for the naive question, but wouldn't it be bad to have the engine sit lower than the factory intended? I mean, wouldn't that put additional stress on the tranny/engine junction, the tranny mount, etc... Just curious, as I have often thought about the harm that could be caused when lowering the engine for certain repair jobs that require a little extra room to manuever, or upon jacking from the engine case in order to locate jack stands under the stock jack pad positions.

Old 11-19-2010, 11:31 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Awesome DIY and post!

bob

Old 11-22-2010, 04:08 AM
Originally Posted by Scottslaw
Sorry for the naive question, but wouldn't it be bad to have the engine sit lower than the factory intended? I mean, wouldn't that put additional stress on the tranny/engine junction, the tranny mount, etc... Just curious, as I have often thought about the harm that could be caused when lowering the engine for certain repair jobs that require a little extra room to manuever, or upon jacking from the engine case in order to locate jack stands under the stock jack pad positions.
Factory hydro-elastic engine mount allow alot of drivetrain movement so lowering the drivetrain by 1/4" should be no big deal

Originally Posted by bbywu
Awesome DIY and post!

bob
Any time super moderator

Old 12-03-2010, 05:03 PM
Update:

Spoke with folks at Rennline and they made the necessary modification on the solid engine mount to fit our GT3/RS. I should have the first set in about a week or two. Stay tune

Old 12-05-2010, 01:28 AM
eatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant future
I have been advised by the service that using Wevo semi-solid mounts might ruin my transmission etc, since the roads suck around here. Could anyone shed some light on this? I'd like to upgrade from C2S stock to Wevo but need more info please.
Cheers!

Old 12-05-2010, 11:08 AM
Originally Posted by eatbreathdrive
I have been advised by the service that using Wevo semi-solid mounts might ruin my transmission etc, since the roads suck around here. Could anyone shed some light on this? I'd like to upgrade from C2S stock to Wevo but need more info please.
Cheers!
I highly doubt WEVO semi-solid engine mount will do any damage to the transmission. You should be fine

Old 12-05-2010, 11:33 AM
eatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant future
I will ask around tomorrow also, thank you!

Originally Posted by mikymu
I highly doubt WEVO semi-solid engine mount will do any damage to the transmission. You should be fine

Old 12-11-2011, 04:58 PM
Pb8
Pb8 is infamous around these parts
I am looking at upgrading my RS engine mounts to wevo ss or rennline solid mounts. I was surprised to hear about the solid mounts being 'streetable'. I'm looking to improve the handling and fix my 2-3rd shift under cornering load. Any street or track feedback on these two products?

Old 12-12-2011, 10:57 AM
lopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to behold
interesting topic.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Rennline solid engine mount review