Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Hello, GT3 Newb owner here

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-01-2010, 10:21 AM
jbigelow_1 is just really nicejbigelow_1 is just really nicejbigelow_1 is just really nicejbigelow_1 is just really nicejbigelow_1 is just really nice
Hello, GT3 Newb owner here

Just took delivery last night on this 2007 certified low optioned GT3 with only 2188 miles before I drove it home.

Low optioned GT3:

Bi-Xenon Headlamp package
Wheel Caps with Colored Crest
Ceramic Composite Brakes - PCCB
Sound Package Plus
Fire Extinguisher
Floor Mats - Interior ColorFoot Rest Aluminum

Especially LOVE that it doesn't have the WART sport chrono on the dash.

This will be my daily driver.

It was a great 118 miles drive home at 9:30 pm

Old 12-01-2010, 10:48 AM
Banned
GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !
Congratulations. It's a beautiful thing. Nice acquisition. Now get to the track.
btw love the classic Vette.

Ranger

Old 12-01-2010, 02:46 PM
jenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant future
Congrats on the new ride, you will love it. Now it's time for a sharkwerks exhaust

Old 12-01-2010, 03:07 PM
Basic Sponsor
SuncoastRyan is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastRyan is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastRyan is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastRyan is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastRyan is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastRyan is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastRyan is a splendid one to behold
Congrats! I love all the alcantara in the interior, looks great.

PS: *Cough* clear sides *Cough*

ryan@suncoastparts.com

Old 12-01-2010, 03:12 PM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by SuncoastRyan
Congrats! I love all the alcantara in the interior, looks great.

PS: *Cough* clear sides *Cough*
Not too obvious there Ryan

Nice car, congrats

Old 12-01-2010, 04:50 PM
jbigelow_1 is just really nicejbigelow_1 is just really nicejbigelow_1 is just really nicejbigelow_1 is just really nicejbigelow_1 is just really nice
Thanx for the warm welcome and hospitality.

I was looking at a 2010 GT3 also, but on paper, the $$$ numbers didnt add up for me for a daily driver. And the horror stories on the centerlocks to me is a PITA!.... plus I have a little more cash for home improvements and a gift for the wifey for allowing me to get this toy.

For my first 911, I think I did good, and I am enjoying every bit of it!!!!!!

Thanx again and glad to finally be part of the GT3 family.

RYAN - Picking clear sidemarkers up Friday!!!

Last edited by jbigelow_1; 12-01-2010 at 07:30 PM.
Old 12-01-2010, 05:38 PM
medpilot105 is infamous around these parts
Big congrats to you!

I was lurking on Rector's website eyeing that car. I've enjoyed my last two purchases through them so I hope your transaction went well. I'm not in the market right now but your car was a favorite window shopping item of mine.

For your first Porsche you picked a winner! Glad you're going to use it as a daily, too. I'll be sure to drool, I mean wave, if I see you running around town. Again, congratulations and enjoy it!

Old 12-01-2010, 06:31 PM
KaamaCat has a spectacular aura aboutKaamaCat has a spectacular aura aboutKaamaCat has a spectacular aura about
Congratulation!....... and look...... its above the magical 2000mi breaking. :-)

Do these things make music or what............ enjoy!!!!!

Old 12-01-2010, 06:40 PM
BMWDEMON is a jewel in the roughBMWDEMON is a jewel in the roughBMWDEMON is a jewel in the rough
I am very very jealous! I can't wait.

M

CONGRATS!!!!

Old 12-01-2010, 06:55 PM
Mcgyver has a spectacular aura aboutMcgyver has a spectacular aura aboutMcgyver has a spectacular aura about
Excellent choice! I've given that a close look at least twice while my Audi was in service there. I never touched it!

Old 12-01-2010, 07:25 PM
I've been eyeing GT3/RSs for awhile now and by far, this was one of the prime examples out there for the price I got. 2 days ago I called about it and made an offer. They called back approximately 15 min. and counteroffered. Talked to the wife and that evening we told Kimberly (internet sales manager of RECTOR PORSCHE) yes we will take it. Never got to haggle. it was the end of the month and they wanted to deal!!!!

Great buying experience ever!!!!! They wanted to seal the deal yesterday and I couldn't drive up there to sign papers, so Kim came up (from San Francisco to Sacramento - 118 miles and a 2 hr drive), did all the paperwork at my house, and at 6:30 pm, Kim took me back to the dealership. Arrived at 8:30 pm in San Francisco and she gave me the full service treatment of refreshments and walking around the car to see if I was satisfied, and finally went through the Certified checklist.

I was homebound at 9:30 pm and arrived at 11 pm.

If I had to do it again, I'd give Kim from Rector 1st chance at selling me another Porsche. She is also an avid car fan, used to drive a 996 GT3 herself, and is the social director of the PCA of the bay area.
--------------------------------------------------------------

medpilot105 and BMWDEMON - thanx for the kind words on the car....it makes owning this particular GT3 more meaningful.

And thank you all for sharing in my excitement on owning a GT3!!!!!!

Last edited by jbigelow_1; 12-01-2010 at 07:29 PM.
Old 12-01-2010, 10:35 PM
Deepcove Frog is infamous around these parts
Dribbling already, nice first Porsche choice. GT3 RS is my my ultimate pick.Nice looking car,very low milage. White is the coolest color for GT3. Congrats,enjoy your baby.

Old 12-02-2010, 10:41 AM
flexcrac is infamous around these parts
Very nice. I just got my first Porsche 3 weeks ago. Moved over from a Lotus Esprit and couldn't be happier. I think the GT3 is the best car available today! I have already logged nearly 1500 miles. I love to drive it everywhere. Not as much as attention as I got in the Lotus but I still have been getting some great looks and comments.

Old 12-02-2010, 10:51 AM
htownbdr is infamous around these parts
Awesome. I just bought its black twin brother a month or so ago. Same mileage and options except I have the wart...But, maybe I'm weird, I actually like it.

Sounds like you got a better deal though. My guys didn't haggle much.

Old 12-02-2010, 10:53 AM
htownbdr is infamous around these parts
Just a heads up that I went through...Mine still had the original Cups on there and not sure if yours does or not. But, on mine, they had lost all grip due to the age of them. Tried to take it to the track and immediately had to replace the tires. Just a warning.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Hello, GT3 Newb owner here