Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Differences between 997 generation GT3 and Turbo brakes?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-03-2010, 03:27 PM
Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !
Differences between 997 generation GT3 and Turbo brakes?

I’m looking to upgrade the brakes on my 997.1 S and I’ve read that GT3 and Turbo brakes are NOT the same. Can someone let me know of those differences?
Also, are the rear brakes on the C2S different than those of the GT3 and Turbo? If so, what are they?

TIA

Old 12-05-2010, 01:26 AM
eatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant futureeatbreathdrive has a brilliant future
I'm very happy with my set of Brembo's, 380 front/back, 6 pot calipers front, 4 pot in the back. Go for slotted, steel versions. There are bunch of threads about carbon ceramics etc, spend some time reading before upgrading. Good luck!

Old 12-10-2010, 01:16 PM
Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by eatbreathdrive
I'm very happy with my set of Brembo's, 380 front/back, 6 pot calipers front, 4 pot in the back. Go for slotted, steel versions. There are bunch of threads about carbon ceramics etc, spend some time reading before upgrading. Good luck!
Thanks! I'll be honest; I mainly want them for the look. I'm trying to "fill" my new wheels. I've seen many OEM caliper take-offs for a reasonable price and think I will go that route. I will likely get an aftermarket 2 piece floating rotors.

Old 01-04-2011, 02:20 AM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Johnny DB
I’m looking to upgrade the brakes on my 997.1 S and I’ve read that GT3 and Turbo brakes are NOT the same. Can someone let me know of those differences?
Also, are the rear brakes on the C2S different than those of the GT3 and Turbo? If so, what are they?

TIA
I'll be honest; I mainly want them for the look. I'm trying to "fill" my new wheels. I've seen many OEM caliper take-offs for a reasonable price and think I will go that route. I will likely get an aftermarket 2 piece floating rotors
I was told that 997 Turbo brakes are not acceptable for a 997S . The Turbo is an AWD car and the 997S is not.

An authorized Porsche dealership service center would be a good place to ask about the parts and the differences (because they are all OEM Porsche parts) .

I sometimes read posts where guys place items on the car because they think it looks good--- but in my opinion safety ought to be the top priority .

The original stock brakes on the 997S are great. I am really happy with them .

I wish you the best.

Old 01-04-2011, 09:33 AM
Mr. B is a name known to allMr. B is a name known to allMr. B is a name known to allMr. B is a name known to allMr. B is a name known to allMr. B is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Johnny DB
TIA
Before I got my GT3 I had a 2006 C2S which I bought in 2008 as a low mileage CPO. The original owner had ordered it with PCCB's but didn't like the noise, so the dealership swapped them for the brakes from the Turbo. They were great brakes and they did the job at the track. In order to put them onto a C2S the dealership had to use a different, sport rim on my car, but overall, it made for a pretty picture.
Mr. B