Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

DE Liability Coverage

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-06-2010, 03:52 PM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Targa Tim
You are not missing anything.

Knowing that I don't have track coverage, I never drive close to what I think my limit is, and I don't pass someone unless I know for sure I can. I am very willing to let other "aggressive drivers" pass me even if I know I'm faster than them.

If there is insurance coverage available, the premium is usually very high that I probably will not pay for. And even if I have the coverage, I will not change my conservative driving habit on the track anyway.
Now I don't feel so good about passing you Tim...you let me by

Old 12-06-2010, 06:28 PM
FLM911 is infamous around these parts
My state farm agent confirmed that in NC my regular auto policy does cover hpde events. He put it In writing as well following his discussion with state farm to confirm coverage on my behalf. said something about it being an NC only thing.

Old 12-06-2010, 07:54 PM
cc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud of
In Texas, I sat with a Farmers adjuster. At a DE. He claimed that Farmers policy will cover the car as long it is not for a trophy or prize. I have always thought he was knowledgeable and kept Farmers. Now I'm wondering. Anyone else have Farmers and asked them?

Old 12-06-2010, 09:44 PM
mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Izzone
i will ask the same question at Chin this weekend

Now I need to find an auto carrier in floirida who will cover DE's
State Farm does. Looking over my policy again and talked to my agent a week or so ago as my policy just renewed and as long as the event is not timed..ie racing they do not say anything about not covering DE's....my agent is calling the underwritters again just to be sure nothing has changed.

I've gotten WSIB in the past just to be sure.

Old 12-07-2010, 04:47 AM
Izzone is a splendid one to beholdIzzone is a splendid one to beholdIzzone is a splendid one to beholdIzzone is a splendid one to beholdIzzone is a splendid one to beholdIzzone is a splendid one to beholdIzzone is a splendid one to behold
Who is your agent, if the answer is yes they cover de's i will switch tomorrow

Drums, are you doing chin sebring this weekend?

Old 12-07-2010, 01:05 PM
Steamboat has a reputation beyond reputeSteamboat has a reputation beyond reputeSteamboat has a reputation beyond reputeSteamboat has a reputation beyond reputeSteamboat has a reputation beyond reputeSteamboat has a reputation beyond reputeSteamboat has a reputation beyond reputeSteamboat has a reputation beyond reputeSteamboat has a reputation beyond reputeSteamboat has a reputation beyond reputeSteamboat has a reputation beyond repute
State Farm (and other large Ins. Companies)

I'm not trying to be argumentative but according my agent there is but one (1) automotive policy for State Farm nationwide (and I suspect the same for other large insurance companies). It may vary to take into account state mandated limits of coverage for uninsured motorists and the like, but fundamentally its principle tenets don't vary across state lines. I doubt whether (m)any states have passed insurance legislation mandating DE and track event coverage (but I could be wrong, I suppose).

Also, my agent pointed out that it is not an agent that is responsible for approving claims despite the impression some may convey. That is the job of the claims department and they will deny any claim that falls outside the approved coverages/limits. Your agent does not, will not and cannot approve your claim anymore than the guy that sold you your Porsche can approve factory warranty work, nor can they unilaterally alter coverages without approval from corporate underwriting.

Bottom line, get a copy of your automotive policy that is currently in effect (which could be different from the one from ten years ago), read it and understand it. The time to be surprised by insurance coverage, or the lack thereof, is before you need it; not after an incident has occurred. I had to order a copy of mine yesterday which SF will mail (and I've been with them for 30+ years and never had one). If I had it, I would cite chapter and verse regarding lack of track coverage since it seemed pretty straightforward when they read those parts to me yesterday. Peace.

Old 12-07-2010, 01:10 PM
cc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud of
^^Actually, what you say is true, but wrong. When an agent makes a determination of a claim, their failure to have knowledge is their problem. The problem then would fall under a claim on their Errors & Omissions policy should the adjuster deny the driving claim.

Old 12-07-2010, 07:58 PM
mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Izzone
Who is your agent, if the answer is yes they cover de's i will switch tomorrow

Drums, are you doing chin sebring this weekend?
Yes Chin on Saturday only.

Mike Maher in Palm Harbor (Tampa/Clearwater area) State Farm.