Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Race-Ready GT3 RS on 18" Tech1 Centerlocks

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-17-2010, 07:55 AM
Tech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond repute
Race-Ready GT3 RS on 18" Tech1 Centerlocks

Many thanks to Mach Motorsports in Florida for these nice pics of a new GT3 RS.
The owner chose the Tech1-110 in 18 inch with the optional Pro Lightening Package (no extra charge). These are forged, extremely lightweight, TUV compliant and ready for some serious weekend fun.
As a reminder, the 18" Tech1s work with PCCBs and most aftermarket brake packages.
PM me for more info and pricing.

Attached Images   
Old 12-17-2010, 09:32 AM
Glock Guru is a splendid one to beholdGlock Guru is a splendid one to beholdGlock Guru is a splendid one to beholdGlock Guru is a splendid one to beholdGlock Guru is a splendid one to beholdGlock Guru is a splendid one to beholdGlock Guru is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Tech1_Mike
The owner chose the Tech1-110 in 18 inch with the optional Pro Lightening Package (no extra charge). These are forged, extremely lightweight, TUV compliant and ready for some serious weekend fun.
As a reminder, the 18" Tech1s work with PCCBs and most aftermarket brake packages.
Very nice looking. I was told RSS may
Be getting a set for there Gt3RS "Colonel" project there are working on.

BTW, did your customer tell you what brand and size tire
They put on your wheels for there GT3RS?

Thanks.

Old 12-17-2010, 09:49 AM
Tech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Glock Guru
Very nice looking. I was told RSS may
Be getting a set for there Gt3RS "Colonel" project there are working on.

BTW, did your customer tell you what brand and size tire
They put on your wheels for there GT3RS?

Thanks.
Well, the tires are obviously Hoosiers and the rear is a 335/30R18. I will get the rest of the data and post it here.
Front is 18x9 and rear is 18x12. Finish is Black Hard Anodized.

Old 12-17-2010, 09:58 AM
The owner is currently using 245/40R18 front tires but will also experiment with 255/35R18s.

Old 12-17-2010, 01:27 PM
sbrismeur is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Tech1_Mike
Hey Mike this is Sebastien. The wheels look great, I would say they look better
than the stock wheels and the matte anodized finish is really nice it makes the car look more aggressive. Those will be used only for the track.

Old 12-17-2010, 06:52 PM
JEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond repute
Looks high rided in the front... do the RS's have front lift as an option?

Jason

Old 12-17-2010, 06:52 PM
24Chromium is infamous around these parts
Those look great (although I'm not a fan of matte black the way you kids are). Can't wait to get my new set!

Old 12-17-2010, 07:22 PM
sbrismeur is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by JEllis
Looks high rided in the front... do the RS's have front lift as an option?

Jason
The lift mode was still active, the front would be 1" lower otherwise.

Old 12-17-2010, 07:24 PM
mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !
My CCW's are a anodized matt black and they really hide the brake dust well. Those Tech1-110's look nice and I like the scalloped cut out around the hub. This is the first I've heard of this brand.

My CCW's black shot peen anodized are turning a little purple near the hub from heat....I've hard this about anodizing. I was thinking of painting them black with a high temp black engine paint. Wonder if this will work?

Sebastien, see you at the track soon.

Old 12-17-2010, 08:50 PM
mobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud of
Mike,

Same company that was called AMT Forged before.

They make some of the best wheels on the market IMO.

These are pure quality and look fantastic!

Im may have to get a set for my 997 track beast!

Old 12-17-2010, 11:07 PM
Originally Posted by mobonic
Mike,

Same company that was called AMT Forged before.

Im may have to get a set for my 997 track beast!
Thanks for the endorsement!
The Tech1 line is a product of superb metallurgy, precision engineering and meticulous manufacturing.
I will pass your kind words along to the whole team.

Old 12-19-2010, 09:54 AM
mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !
Thanks Mobonic. I'm selling my Matt black CCW wheels and looking for something in a polished look.

Old 12-19-2010, 02:16 PM
Izzone is a splendid one to beholdIzzone is a splendid one to beholdIzzone is a splendid one to beholdIzzone is a splendid one to beholdIzzone is a splendid one to beholdIzzone is a splendid one to beholdIzzone is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by mdrums
Thanks Mobonic. I'm selling my Matt black CCW wheels and looking for something in a polished look.
Are your matt black the same as narrow body GT3 fit?

I may be interested

Old 12-19-2010, 02:26 PM
sayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond reputesayboy has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by mobonic
Mike,

Mobonic got a three-day eye full at GTGP as he was garaged next to my RS with the black anodized Forged Alloy USA wheels

Although from what I saw, Mobonic's teammate Jan needs them more! (he has experienced two cracked wheels!)

They were both much faster than me so maybe I should get their wheels??? Lol

Old 12-20-2010, 07:50 AM
IRguy is infamous around these parts
I am sold!! Just ordered the car but I definately need these 18" wheels around May.
Do you guys think a 265/35R18 BFG-R1 will fit at the front?? I am running that tire on my M3 front with 18x9 wheels.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Race-Ready GT3 RS on 18" Tech1 Centerlocks