Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

GT3 Allocations?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-22-2010, 05:35 AM
911dev is a jewel in the rough911dev is a jewel in the rough911dev is a jewel in the rough911dev is a jewel in the rough
Add XDZ w/Full Leather. It completes the stitched leather trim at the base of the PCM and front of the gear-shift and costs only $265. I ordered it with mine and love it; subtle but nice. Option XDZ may not be available any more (I heard this somewhere) for some strange reason, but I'd try. Full Leather is beautiful as you know, especially with all of the Alcantara added.

At least 20 people I know of hot A.S.S. for free. These were delivered arbitrarily on the very first cars in July /Aug 2009 to date. My Nov 2009 delivery did not come with them, however a friend whose car was built on or about the very same day, same color and options got them for free. I added heated seats, he did not, maybe that's why. KYROCKS is right (about allocations as well, of course, kudos), Porsche denies giving anything for free, however, A.S.S. came with the aforementioned cars without any indication of them on the maroni aka Monroney sticker. They are very comfortable but add 47 lbs if anyone cares. I now actually prefer the standard seats. They are much easier to move back when exiting the car which saves the leather bolsters and I like the idea of saving the weight even if it doesn't matter on my trips to the grocery store. They go more with the theme of the car, imo. Of course, carbons more-so, but they're another story.

Blue-Tooth actually works very well in these cars with the revs down. It appears you like a bit of luxury so I'd add the auto-dimming mirrors too. As much as I love Alcantara, I did the same as you ordering the leather wheel option and love it. iPod?

Personal preference of course but I'd re-think the silver wheels with GT Silver. Don't know it there is enough contrast. I have white and love the Ti finished wheels. Oh, red seat belts to match the calipers. They really spice up the otherwise bland interior without being over the top. If not red, go silver to match your ext. color. I've seen that and love that look too. There are some cars on Auto Trader with pics of the belts.

Lastly, I'd personally skip the carbon interior. If you're going that way I'd go all the way and add the Carbon Sills as well. They really protect more of the sill and add a nice entry.

Yeah, SPP isn't like Bose in the turbo or optioned in the Carreras, but it's far better than what comes stock. With the added amp and more speakers of better quality you have more options of adding modest stereo upgrades later to further enhance the sound. I have it but never listen to it as the engine intake howling and exhaust note are heaven.

Nice to see you skipped the dash wart. Very glad to see you ordered the DEMs. The very first cars (about 125+ or so) couldn't get them as Porsche wasn't ready.

What about the over-priced painted washer nipples? You can always go Bumperplugs later but for < $300, they'd look nice. So Euro-delivery and clear bar and you're good to go.

Just suggestions, it'll be gorgeous anyway.

Oh, congrats! She'll be a beauty. I glad I was wrong about allocations; well kind of, lol! Maybe prices will stabilize a bit once manufacturing ceases; who am I kidding!

Last edited by 911dev; 12-22-2010 at 06:06 AM.
Old 12-22-2010, 08:13 AM
IRguy is infamous around these parts
Congrats to Beowulf!!

You will have a truly nice car!! I envy you for the Euro delivery!!

Old 12-22-2010, 08:17 AM
topgearomaha23 is infamous around these parts
Gt3!!

This GT3 is going to be absolutely stunning. Also, the GT3RS that is also mentioned in this thread is also going to be quite unique to the area. It's my pleasure helping both of you out on your orders. As I'm sure you can imagine, most of us here have the track on our minds most of the day every day. Unfortunately when winter arrives it's hard not to daydream a bit about these cars! So, thank you for helping us make those dreams a reality for both you and us. It's going to be awesome to see both of these cars arrive!!

Wish it were warmer here today....

Old 12-22-2010, 08:24 AM
IRguy is infamous around these parts
Hi tpgearomaha23,

I just sent Brian at Porsche of Omaha about some local interest in a GT2RS!!
So you may have 3 cars soon!

Old 12-22-2010, 09:58 AM
BMWDEMON is a jewel in the roughBMWDEMON is a jewel in the roughBMWDEMON is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by dave-t
Porsche of Silver Spring in Maryland still has a new Black one on their show room floor. I saw it a couple of weeks ago when I orderd my Cayenne. I know they had to have a Orange and Black RS not sure if it was snatched up yet though.

dave-t
Dave if you are referring to Tischer they still have the black one (at least a few weeks ago they did) and Annapolis just took delivery of a white GT3 white, on white wheels, PCCB, painted center console, lift, dynamic, extra sound - 135K if I remember right.

M

Old 12-22-2010, 03:27 PM
GTbeowulf is infamous around these parts
Great suggestions folks. I think the silver rims can provide enough contrast as I have a 40th anniv. that's GT Silver with highly polished rims that are basically silver colored. GT Silver has a bit of a copper hue to it so pure silver rims due contrast well. There would be less contrast with Arctic Silver, however. I'll look in 911dev's rec on XDZ.

I agree with others about the Sport Chrono "wart."

Once again I have to give MAJOR Kudos to KYROCKS/IRguy and Brian W. at Omaha Porsche for putting this deal together so quickly. I'll be going to Nurburgring/Spa and pix will be posted.

I'll also mention that Porsche Sport Driving School in Alabama is great and highly recommend it.

Old 12-22-2010, 03:43 PM
KYROCKS is infamous around these parts
You're the best topgearomaha23! Keep up the good work. Will miss you when I leave.