Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Exhaust choices 996 GT3

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-26-2010, 12:41 PM
zer0t has a spectacular aura aboutzer0t has a spectacular aura about
Exhaust choices 996 GT3

I am looking for thoughts on a good exhaust system for my car. A bit more growl and of course a bit more grunt.

Thanks in advance for any help

Rob

Old 12-26-2010, 02:30 PM
BealeAss has much to be proud ofBealeAss has much to be proud ofBealeAss has much to be proud ofBealeAss has much to be proud ofBealeAss has much to be proud ofBealeAss has much to be proud ofBealeAss has much to be proud ofBealeAss has much to be proud ofBealeAss has much to be proud ofBealeAss has much to be proud of
Couple great options out there, here are a few videos of my GMG

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjF1lyE9Rhg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9rnZCcB24s

Old 12-26-2010, 02:36 PM
SKXF430 has much to be proud ofSKXF430 has much to be proud ofSKXF430 has much to be proud ofSKXF430 has much to be proud ofSKXF430 has much to be proud ofSKXF430 has much to be proud ofSKXF430 has much to be proud ofSKXF430 has much to be proud ofSKXF430 has much to be proud ofSKXF430 has much to be proud of
Check out Europipe. They make some really nice exhausts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2h0e4-vm6E

Last edited by SKXF430; 12-26-2010 at 02:41 PM.
Old 12-27-2010, 11:53 PM
ed03feng is infamous around these parts
My vote is for the Europipe. I had a 996 GT3 with the Europipe installed. Love the sound and the gain in power.

Old 12-28-2010, 09:21 AM
PJS
PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !
s-car-go headers with a custom exhaust will get you real power...

Old 12-28-2010, 09:06 PM
empty is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by PJS
s-car-go headers with a custom exhaust will get you real power...
Doesn't look like they have 6gt3 exhaust?

Old 12-28-2010, 09:12 PM
PJS
PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !
they sell headers that will work and then a custom exhaust attached to the headers

also - try bbi, GMG, or an awe 997 system modded to work with dual outlet 996 bumper

I had full custom headers and exhaust.. exhaust and a tune is the only way to really gain power on these cars without increasing displacement etc...

although for the money I would rather a lwfw and a ring and pinion than any exhaust

Old 12-28-2010, 09:32 PM
c32AMG-DTM Is a GOD !c32AMG-DTM Is a GOD !c32AMG-DTM Is a GOD !c32AMG-DTM Is a GOD !c32AMG-DTM Is a GOD !c32AMG-DTM Is a GOD !c32AMG-DTM Is a GOD !c32AMG-DTM Is a GOD !c32AMG-DTM Is a GOD !c32AMG-DTM Is a GOD !c32AMG-DTM Is a GOD !
Fabspeed also has nice 996 GT3 hardware, along with evomsit tuning, and they're not far from the OP... worth a look.

Old 12-29-2010, 05:57 AM
I just saw the fab speed hardware and EVOMSit tuning. They are claiming a lot of power gain with there setup, 21 hp for $6250 without installation

I didn't see anything from scargo when poking around and have been emailing with the gmg folks. They recommended their WC sport mufflers, $1745.00 free shipping, and ECU tuning, $995, and that doing more isn't really worth the additional money. I should get about 15hp on 91 octane gas.

I'd love to increase displacement and get 500hp like the Sharkwerks cars but I am not sure a 996 GT3 is worth that type of investment. I also don't know where I'd get work like that done in NJ.

PJS, what's a lwfw and ring and pinion that you refer to?

Cheers.

Last edited by zer0t; 12-29-2010 at 06:04 AM.
Old 12-29-2010, 06:40 AM
Quantum has a reputation beyond reputeQuantum has a reputation beyond reputeQuantum has a reputation beyond reputeQuantum has a reputation beyond reputeQuantum has a reputation beyond reputeQuantum has a reputation beyond reputeQuantum has a reputation beyond reputeQuantum has a reputation beyond reputeQuantum has a reputation beyond reputeQuantum has a reputation beyond reputeQuantum has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by zer0t
I just saw the fab speed hardware and EVOMSit tuning. They are claiming a lot of power gain with there setup, 21 hp for $6250 without installation

I didn't see anything from scargo when poking around and have been emailing with the gmg folks. They recommended their WC sport mufflers, $1745.00 free shipping, and ECU tuning, $995, and that doing more isn't really worth the additional money. I should get about 15hp on 91 octane gas.

I'd love to increase displacement and get 500hp like the Sharkwerks cars but I am not sure a 996 GT3 is worth that type of investment. I also don't know where I'd get work like that done in NJ.

Cheers.
PM sent.

Old 12-29-2010, 06:25 PM
PJS
lwfw = lightweight flywheel
ring and pinion = standard 996-3 ring and pinion is 3.44

a common mod is to go to a 4.0 Porsche motorsport ring and pinion

in effect it lowers the whole gear stack which lowers your top speed to about 170... the benefit is that you are in the powerband of each gear easier

there is also a great 4.125 ring and pinion available from guard

depends on how you are going to use it... if you are just street driving it then likely just get exhaust for the improved sound and power...

if you are going to track it - lwfw, ring and pinion, and budget for a limited slip diff rebuild as the stock one does not last that long

Old 12-29-2010, 09:51 PM
mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by zer0t

Cheers.
a 996gt3 will never reach 500 hp period.
a 996gt3 doesn't need 500hp.

Old 12-30-2010, 05:16 AM
Originally Posted by mooty
a 996gt3 will never reach 500 hp period.
a 996gt3 doesn't need 500hp.
I understand and agree but I thought the Sharkwerks 3.9L would get near that number. Not really important was just commenting. If HP was what I cared about I'd have stuck with the z06.

Old 12-30-2010, 05:24 AM
Originally Posted by PJS
lwfw = lightweight flywheel
ring and pinion = standard 996-3 ring and pinion is 3.44

a common mod is to go to a 4.0 Porsche motorsport ring and pinion

in effect it lowers the whole gear stack which lowers your top speed to about 170... the benefit is that you are in the powerband of each gear easier

there is also a great 4.125 ring and pinion available from guard

depends on how you are going to use it... if you are just street driving it then likely just get exhaust for the improved sound and power...

if you are going to track it - lwfw, ring and pinion, and budget for a limited slip diff rebuild as the stock one does not last that long
I've heard of the lightweight fly wheel mod. I assume it improves the engines ability to rev and the cars ability to turn due to the decreased mass. I hadn't consider changing the gear ratio. I am not concerned with top speed at all. I plan on tracking, I never have before, and a lot of autox.

Old 12-30-2010, 11:18 AM
gotbhp? is a jewel in the roughgotbhp? is a jewel in the roughgotbhp? is a jewel in the rough
For what it's worth, I will be building a custom exhaust setup for 6GT3's within the next couple of weeks. If this generates some interest, I'll will be constructing a jig so I can make a few extra pieces for people who would like one at a pretty reasonable price. At the very least my Fabspeed setup will be for sale around then as well.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Exhaust choices 996 GT3