Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Why did I drive a GT3???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-29-2010, 03:17 PM
DMac225 is infamous around these parts
Why did I drive a GT3???

I made the "mistake" of driving a GT3 recently! I am a proud owner of an 2008 Targa C4S, but I had never driven the GT3, now I dont know if I will ever be happy with my 4S again!

I was blown away with the throttle response and the total setup of the car! I can't imagine how people can grow tired of driving the GT3 daily due to the stiffer setup, dicey traction in the rain, etc....I am in LOVE!!!

Now I have to decide if I am going to keep my car or start looking for a GT3. To everyone with a GT3, I am very jealous!!! Enjoy them for what they are: a total beast of a "drivers" car!

All the best!

DMac

Old 12-29-2010, 03:24 PM
Former Vendor
Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !
I hear ya.

A GT3 is like crack cocaine, but in the form of metal, plastic, leather, and rubber...

Old 12-29-2010, 03:45 PM
Izzone is a splendid one to beholdIzzone is a splendid one to beholdIzzone is a splendid one to beholdIzzone is a splendid one to beholdIzzone is a splendid one to beholdIzzone is a splendid one to beholdIzzone is a splendid one to behold
Yep, did the same thing......

I now have a gt3......best car ever made

Old 12-29-2010, 04:07 PM
TRAKCAR is a glorious beacon of lightTRAKCAR is a glorious beacon of lightTRAKCAR is a glorious beacon of lightTRAKCAR is a glorious beacon of lightTRAKCAR is a glorious beacon of light
LOL, I never even drove a Porsche, I only a ride in an '07 RS back in early '08.

I ordered the non existing next RS and bought a '07GT3 to carry me over.

Old 12-29-2010, 05:00 PM
Cayenne Club is a splendid one to beholdCayenne Club is a splendid one to beholdCayenne Club is a splendid one to beholdCayenne Club is a splendid one to beholdCayenne Club is a splendid one to beholdCayenne Club is a splendid one to beholdCayenne Club is a splendid one to behold
Yep, that's how I ended up with a GT3. Then I made the mistake of driving a GT2 to "get it out of my system". Now I own both. Good luck, let us know when you buy, because it's happening.

Old 12-29-2010, 05:42 PM
24Chromium is infamous around these parts
Aren't you glad you did?!?!!!

Old 12-29-2010, 05:53 PM
BMWDEMON is a jewel in the roughBMWDEMON is a jewel in the roughBMWDEMON is a jewel in the rough
I did the same thing...plan in place for purchase within the next 18 months or so.

Old 12-29-2010, 06:25 PM
boochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond repute
I'm transitioning over with Mike. Buddies are really on me to go 2010 GT3 though......

Old 12-29-2010, 06:36 PM
jakegt3 is infamous around these parts
Been there, done that. I took a test drive in a GT3 just to see what all the hype was about. Within a week I had traded in the Cayman S and the GT3 was in the garage.

Old 12-29-2010, 07:09 PM
DMac225 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Cayenne Club
Yep, that's how I ended up with a GT3. Then I made the mistake of driving a GT2 to "get it out of my system". Now I own both. Good luck, let us know when you buy, because it's happening.
I am afraid you're right! That car has totally gotten under my skin...I have already started searching dealer pre-owned inventory to see if I might be able to work out a trade/swap on a slightly older GT3. Oh, and my wife officially thinks I'm crazy at this point.

These cars just get into your soul...

Old 12-29-2010, 10:16 PM
jlee is just really nicejlee is just really nicejlee is just really nicejlee is just really nice
Last week I test drove a 2010 GT3, on Sunday I test drove the same car again, and today, Wednesday, a white 2010 GT3 is sitting in my garage.

You might as well get it over with and just get the GT3. As the Borgs say: Resistance is futile!

Old 12-30-2010, 06:36 AM
cc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by DMac225
I am afraid you're right! That car has totally gotten under my skin...I have already started searching dealer pre-owned inventory to see if I might be able to work out a trade/swap on a slightly older GT3. Oh, and my wife officially thinks I'm crazy at this point.

These cars just get into your soul...
Not many out there preowned in DFW. PP had a couple but they are gone. I hate to rag on you, but a C4S is nothing compared to a GT3. I concur that the GT3 in any form is the best car ever made. PP has 2 brand new white one's and they will make a good deal. I've seen em both. GT3 is KING.

Old 12-30-2010, 06:51 AM
utkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by DMac225
I made the "mistake" of driving a GT3 recently! I am a proud owner of an 2008 Targa C4S, but I had never driven the GT3, now I dont know if I will ever be happy with my 4S again!

I was blown away with the throttle response and the total setup of the car! I can't imagine how people can grow tired of driving the GT3 daily due to the stiffer setup, dicey traction in the rain, etc....I am in LOVE!!!

Now I have to decide if I am going to keep my car or start looking for a GT3. To everyone with a GT3, I am very jealous!!! Enjoy them for what they are: a total beast of a "drivers" car!

All the best!

DMac
next mistake will be to try a track prepped 2000lbs 197x custom fitted tub with a custom 400hp+ engine in it.
in my mechanic`s shop he builds right now a car like this - severely trimmed 1974 tub with cut off front replaced with tubular cage, car will be 2k lbs something and he will put 600+ hp twin-turboed motor into it. this sh$t never stops until you have any money left in your pocket, so, it is imperative to set some very hard limits on this stuff.

Old 12-30-2010, 08:39 AM
AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !
Just be glad you didn't drive a new GT3RS.

Old 12-30-2010, 08:42 AM
PolarPorsche is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by jakegt3
Been there, done that. I took a test drive in a GT3 just to see what all the hype was about. Within a week I had traded in the Cayman S and the GT3 was in the garage.
The Cayman S is a great car with a loyal following but it just doesn't compare to the GT3. Glad you like the GT3, it's a different beast than Cayman S, much better IMHO.

I do prefer my Spyder for street use, the GT3 is a track car for me. The GT3 is very much at home on a road coarse, tracking the car is also very addictive and nearly as expensive as a drug habit.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Why did I drive a GT3???