Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Track wheels for 08 GT3

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-30-2010, 01:27 PM
jcpca356 is a splendid one to beholdjcpca356 is a splendid one to beholdjcpca356 is a splendid one to beholdjcpca356 is a splendid one to beholdjcpca356 is a splendid one to beholdjcpca356 is a splendid one to behold
Track wheels for 08 GT3

My car came with 20's and the PO didn't have the originals...so, now I have to shop for wheels for the track.

Question is...should I go with 18's (can I?) or 19's....any thoughts on this please??

Someone also told me that there were only 19 guards red 08 GT3 made...how do I verify?

Old 12-30-2010, 01:52 PM
Tech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by jcpca356
My car came with 20's and the PO didn't have the originals...so, now I have to shop for wheels for the track.

Question is...should I go with 18's (can I?) or 19's....any thoughts on this please??

Someone also told me that there were only 19 guards red 08 GT3 made...how do I verify?
You can use either 18s or 19s on your GT3 for the track. The 18s are a bit lighter but the 18 inch tires are heavier, so that's a wash.
The biggest difference is there is a huge assortment of 18 inch tires available and they are much cheaper than 19s.

May I humbly suggest the forged Tech1-110 for your application? You will save nearly 30 lbs of unsprung weight compared to the OE wheels.

Attached Images  
Old 12-30-2010, 02:04 PM
jcpca356 is a splendid one to beholdjcpca356 is a splendid one to beholdjcpca356 is a splendid one to beholdjcpca356 is a splendid one to beholdjcpca356 is a splendid one to beholdjcpca356 is a splendid one to behold
what are the weights and price please

Old 12-30-2010, 02:13 PM
Tech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond repute
what are the weights and price please
The 18x8.5 front is 7kg and the 18x12 rear is 8.6 kg.
The 19x8.5 front is 7.35 kg and the 19x12 rear is 8.85 kg.
Weights vary slightly with your choice of finish.

I will PM you with the pricing.

Mike

Old 12-30-2010, 02:36 PM
In response to all the guys who PM'd me about the GT3 RS, we also make the correct fitment for these cars as well.
Both the GT3 and the RS can accept a 9 inch front wheel if you prefer. We make the correct offsets for these widths, both 18 and 19 inch.
Finally, if you have a late model Centerlock car, we also make the correct fitment for those in both 18 and 19 inch.

In all cases, the factory TPMS sensor is an easy bolt-in and the wheels fit with the PCCB carbon brakes, even with the 18s.

Feel free to PM me with additional questions.

Old 12-30-2010, 03:18 PM
Izzone is a splendid one to beholdIzzone is a splendid one to beholdIzzone is a splendid one to beholdIzzone is a splendid one to beholdIzzone is a splendid one to beholdIzzone is a splendid one to beholdIzzone is a splendid one to behold
I have ccw in 18

Strong track wheel......and John (the owner) is a great guy

Toyo r888 is a good tire for de.....or you can drive Hoosier and burn thru them like a hooker does crack

Do not bother intstalling tpms in your track wheels. The 997.1 system will go batty when you get the tires to temp. I just drive with all the dash lights lit up

Old 12-31-2010, 03:20 PM
PJS
PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !
1 piece - CCW, OZ, tech 1, gmg, rennworx, etc

3 piece - BBS e88, Jongbloed, Fikse, HRE, forgeline, etc

OZ allegrita (sp?) likely being the least expensive

CCW easy to resell

1 piece vs. 3 piece
some claim that 3 piece is easy to repair in case of damage BUT by the time the repair is made (order parts, tear down wheel, re assemble, re seal, etc) one could easily make the argument for the ease 1 piece by simply replacing damaged wheel

you have a lot of choices and a wide selection of prices

Old 12-31-2010, 06:52 PM
mobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud of
ccw is best bang for buck

Tech 1 is the cream of the crop (you get what you pay for).

either way you will be happy.

If $ was not an issues I would have 2 sets of Tech 1's for my track car.

Old 01-01-2011, 08:43 AM
Tiago is a splendid one to beholdTiago is a splendid one to beholdTiago is a splendid one to beholdTiago is a splendid one to beholdTiago is a splendid one to beholdTiago is a splendid one to beholdTiago is a splendid one to behold
Go with 18" because is the only size that allows to fit r-compound full slick tires. By having a taller tire is better to control tire temps, provide higher traction, gives a better wheel protection and reduces vibration to the suspension and transmission.

You will have the best package: for street and looks summer tires in the 20" and real track tires in the 18".

Last edited by Tiago; 01-01-2011 at 08:49 AM.
Old 01-02-2011, 09:19 AM
Originally Posted by PJS
1 piece - CCW, OZ, tech 1, gmg, rennworx, etc

3 piece - BBS e88, Jongbloed, Fikse, HRE, forgeline, etc

OZ allegrita (sp?) likely being the least expensive

CCW easy to resell

1 piece vs. 3 piece
some claim that 3 piece is easy to repair in case of damage BUT by the time the repair is made (order parts, tear down wheel, re assemble, re seal, etc) one could easily make the argument for the ease 1 piece by simply replacing damaged wheel

you have a lot of choices and a wide selection of prices
tirerack has the ultraleggera's and they're pretty inexpensive. 19's for about 1400/set 21lb front 25lb rear, light too

thanks for the suggestions, time to go research!

Old 01-02-2011, 09:20 AM
Originally Posted by Tiago
Go with 18" because is the only size that allows to fit r-compound full slick tires. By having a taller tire is better to control tire temps, provide higher traction, gives a better wheel protection and reduces vibration to the suspension and transmission.

You will have the best package: for street and looks summer tires in the 20" and real track tires in the 18".
i've only tracked 17/18's in the past and to be honest, i'm not all that comfortable with the skinny profile of the 19's...i remember when 18's were considered the limit

Old 01-02-2011, 01:16 PM
Banned
GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !
i've only tracked 17/18's in the past and to be honest, i'm not all that comfortable with the skinny profile of the 19's...
I would not agree with the 19" sidewall comment.
Have been running the Toyo R888's (235/35 & 305/30) in 19's and the sidewalls are stout and awesome. I wouldn't worry about the sidewalls.
New straight sidewall.

For an R compound they're good in the rain.

Ranger

Old 01-02-2011, 03:40 PM
mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !
GT3 Ranger is correct. The Toyo R888's have a stiffer side wall than your stock street tires. I know plenty of guys that run stock size 19's in Toyo R888 and/or Michelin Sport Cups at Sebring...very very bumpy track...with no issues at all.

Old 01-02-2011, 07:51 PM
Verde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond repute
Just curious (or maybe I just read this wrong) but why did the PO have 20's on a GT3?

Old 01-02-2011, 08:23 PM
PJS
PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Verde
Just curious (or maybe I just read this wrong) but why did the PO have 20's on a GT3?
poser

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Track wheels for 08 GT3