Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

GT3 v Turbo

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-14-2011, 09:24 PM
Looney is infamous around these parts
i love my 3 so much more than a turbo. i always prefer the turbo looks, but i dont really care when im driving

throw a set of 4:11's in and then you'll realise that there is no other car that would satisfy your needs for an engaging drive (this side of an F40 anyway)

Old 01-14-2011, 11:33 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by greyhound
I just traded a 2007 turbo for a 2011 GT3. I can't wipe the **** eating grin off my face. I have spent $$ on plenums, intakes, exhaust, suspension, etc, etc.,to try to fall in love with the turbo I bought as an impulse after open heart surgery at 44. One week later and this black beauty, out of the box, beats the turbo in ALL areas-except no heated seats-damn cold down south right now! I am a convert.
That right there puts a smile on my face too. Way to go man... Seriously that's a HELLUVA way to get back on the horse You're going to have fun with this thing...

Old 01-15-2011, 01:13 AM
Banned
speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !
Just put down reading the latest issue of MOTOR (Australia) and GT3 RS took the Crown for performance car of the year, voted best unanimously by all 6 testers...and by a fair margin on every solitary point. The review basically sums the car up as an engineering masterpiece blowing away all contenders including Lambo,s Balboni...as runner up. GT3RS had fastest lap times and all corner speeds, pipped (by the trendiest amount) only by Balboni down the main straight. An excellent and very comprehensive read for any of you GT3 guys that can get your hands on a copy.

Edit. I also note the TTS was scratched at the last minute so didnt get a chance to run.

Last edited by speed21; 01-15-2011 at 01:20 AM.
Old 01-15-2011, 08:00 AM
Silentrun is infamous around these parts
I to spent way too much money on a turbo with turbo upgrades and gt2 intakes and stuff and simply waited to long but finally got the GT3RS. Enjoy in good health!!

Old 01-15-2011, 08:07 AM
jenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant future
Definitely let the 1st mod be the snarky exhaust

Old 01-16-2011, 06:00 PM
spyderman is a name known to allspyderman is a name known to allspyderman is a name known to allspyderman is a name known to allspyderman is a name known to allspyderman is a name known to all
Originally Posted by greyhound
I just traded a 2007 turbo for a 2011 GT3. I can't wipe the **** eating grin off my face. I have spent $$ on plenums, intakes, exhaust, suspension, etc, etc.,to try to fall in love with the turbo I bought as an impulse after open heart surgery at 44. One week later and this black beauty, out of the box, beats the turbo in ALL areas-except no heated seats-damn cold down south right now! I am a convert.
Congratulations on the new GT3. I traded in my 2007 turbo w the Evo 600 package for GT3. Like you i spent $$$ to try to love the turbo more then i did. Enjoyed the turbo but when I drove a friends GT3 I was hooked. I purchased a 2011 GT3 RS from Champion. One of the best drivers cars I ever owed and after owning it for 6 months I still love the GT3 RS...

Old 01-16-2011, 09:20 PM
frankie997 is infamous around these parts
I went the other way. I got an awesome deal on a left over C2S 2009 and had it for 5 months. Then I drove a Turbo and thought that I should have gone that avenue. That was until I drove a GT3. Well I tracked one down and now she is mine. Whom ever ordered this car must have read my mind. It has every thing that I could ever want and more, of course the price reflects that as well. I love the Gt sliver and the cermic brakes. Who can hear that squeak over that sound of that NA engine? It will be my DD as the last was. I make up reasons to get behind the wheel.

Best of luck with your new ride! Drive in the best of health.

Old 01-17-2011, 09:15 PM
Waterboy is infamous around these parts
Had a tt until driving a GT3. Only took 5 min of driving the GT3 before I learned how much better it felt. Have driven it in all conditions and am still impressed after almost 9 months. Can't ever imagine getting bored with this car. The tt is technically better, but the GT3 is more of a drivers car. When you feel the car is an extension of yourself on the road, it is a incredible driving experience. Its funny that when one came avail, I really didn't care what color it was, and I still don't.

Old 01-21-2011, 03:08 PM
AMR Power is infamous around these parts
Congratulations man, live healthy and enjoy the car... drive the nuts off of it

Old 01-24-2011, 07:59 AM
greyhound is infamous around these partsgreyhound is infamous around these parts
Thanks guys. My modified new valves in my ticker love the GT3 sound and fury. This car wants to go fast. If there was a car personality, I would describe her as feeling like an agitated race horse being loaded into the shoot before a big race. After a few more miles going to take her down the road to Roebling Road Raceway for a little fun. Any thoughts on roll bar/cages? I am confused. I like the stock version in the GT3RS. Available? Also, really like the RS folding carbon racing seats and red belts. I have sport adaptive seats like turbo which are nice and comfortable-Love to sell and replace while installing roll bar.

Old 01-24-2011, 08:53 AM
Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !
this is why I WILL NOT get a ride or drive a gt3/rs before I am done with my TT goals. Ahh lol if the wife only knew Congrats

Old 01-25-2011, 07:32 AM
PBR ME is infamous around these partsPBR ME is infamous around these parts
I traded my 07 tt with evo750 last spring on a Boxster Spyder. The BS was/is a better driving car. I missed the power though, so just traded the BS on an 11 3RS, unfortunately, I'll have to wait until spring to drive her!