Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

997.2 GT3 Running Agency Power Roll Bar

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-18-2011, 03:24 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
Please provide me with the class you are running your Porsche in and if it is a SCCA sanctioned event so I can tell you if our Roll Bar is the product for you.

Old 01-18-2011, 04:04 PM
xlr8ion is just really nicexlr8ion is just really nicexlr8ion is just really nicexlr8ion is just really nicexlr8ion is just really nice
Guys buy the Porsche factory roll bar/ cage if you are going to RACE.

Old 01-18-2011, 04:08 PM
rp714 is infamous around these parts
Honestly this is a mute point! It clearly states in the PCA rule book that Roll Bars useing the seat belt attachment points to NOT qualify for Club Racing period. Please give it up. I'm sure many of the people in the know are enjoing this thread but we should end it here. At least I'm working toward my 15 posts so I could send PM's

Thanks, it's been fun,
rp714

Old 01-18-2011, 04:27 PM
KoalaSlim is a splendid one to beholdKoalaSlim is a splendid one to beholdKoalaSlim is a splendid one to beholdKoalaSlim is a splendid one to beholdKoalaSlim is a splendid one to beholdKoalaSlim is a splendid one to beholdKoalaSlim is a splendid one to behold
Mute: a speech disorder in which a person lacks the ability to speak.

Moot: open to discussion or debate; debatable; doubtful: a moot point.

Sorry, just a pet peeve of mine...

And you are right BTW.

Old 01-18-2011, 04:35 PM
Thank you for the correction.

Old 01-18-2011, 04:55 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
PCA, NASA, SCCA all have different rules. Please provide the links here to the rules if you want. Interesting that PCA would not allow the Porsche Tequipment bar or OEM GT3 bar which mounts to the seat belt locations.

Old 01-18-2011, 07:01 PM
Glock Guru is a splendid one to beholdGlock Guru is a splendid one to beholdGlock Guru is a splendid one to beholdGlock Guru is a splendid one to beholdGlock Guru is a splendid one to beholdGlock Guru is a splendid one to beholdGlock Guru is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by vividracing
hmmmm weird, I have had the Roll Bar pass inspections by NASA officials for TT, SCCA customers, Texas Mile, and more. If you are racing, that means you have a rig, slicks, no interior, full multipoint roll cage not roll bar, fire supression system, and more. None of that is advertised with our product.
Well for one thing it will pass tech for NASA TT because no roll bar is required in order to run a NASA TT class. In other words, anything will work because nothing is required. You could make one out of balsa wood and it would pass NASA TT. This does not mean it will work or it's safe just that anything can be used. As for other sanction body's I can not speak. Also what I said is only relative to NASA TT.

-Troy

Old 01-19-2011, 09:42 AM
joe731 is a splendid one to beholdjoe731 is a splendid one to beholdjoe731 is a splendid one to beholdjoe731 is a splendid one to beholdjoe731 is a splendid one to beholdjoe731 is a splendid one to beholdjoe731 is a splendid one to behold
I am running the Agency Power roll bar with no issue. I think it is a good product, with good fit and quality for the purpose it was made for, and is certainly comparable to the no longer manufactured Porschetech roll bar, which also attaches to the seat belt attachment points. The advantage of this attachment method is that it is easy to install/deinstall with limited tools and manpower. In addition, I like it better in that I can remove the cross members in winter and get better access to the rear for storage.

Have I rolled the car, no. Do I have confidence that the bar gives me additional protection, yes. As much as a full roll cage, no, but that was a trade-off I was willing to make. Every person needs to make their own choices regarding level of modification/hassle/money and safety. If we were all truly safety focused, we'd all wear nomex 100% of the time, have real fire suppression, fuel cells, fuel cut-offs and always use a hans devices with our SA2010 helmets, right?

All of that said, I run my car at DE events, not club racing events, so I am unfamiliar with the specific requirements for club racing, which is different than DE.

Old 01-19-2011, 09:48 AM
KoalaSlim is a splendid one to beholdKoalaSlim is a splendid one to beholdKoalaSlim is a splendid one to beholdKoalaSlim is a splendid one to beholdKoalaSlim is a splendid one to beholdKoalaSlim is a splendid one to beholdKoalaSlim is a splendid one to behold
Cool story.

Old 01-19-2011, 10:17 AM
nugent_crai has much to be proud ofnugent_crai has much to be proud ofnugent_crai has much to be proud ofnugent_crai has much to be proud ofnugent_crai has much to be proud ofnugent_crai has much to be proud ofnugent_crai has much to be proud ofnugent_crai has much to be proud of
I'm at work right now and can't respond fully, but this threat got my attention. I would like to post later about my experience with this product...

Keep posted

Old 01-19-2011, 10:20 AM
Eric, there was never a question about the quality. The Agency Bar is a quality piece of equipment. The question was, is it legal for open track door to door racing.

Joe731, DE's, track days and time trials is what bar is designed for. It's perfect for mounting your harnesses and I do believe you will get added security in a roll over incindent which hopefully will never happen. As I stated you have to decide if racing is in your future before you purchase the Agency Power Roll Bar.

Old 01-19-2011, 10:29 AM
nugent_crai has much to be proud ofnugent_crai has much to be proud ofnugent_crai has much to be proud ofnugent_crai has much to be proud ofnugent_crai has much to be proud ofnugent_crai has much to be proud ofnugent_crai has much to be proud ofnugent_crai has much to be proud of
Ps... I was trying to figure out who this RP guy is as I have never seen him on the board before, so I checked his previous posts...
"Greetings,
I've been lurking in the backround for some time and picked up tons of valueable information from everyone here, thanks!

I have a new RSS competition roll bar (guards red) that will not fit in OUR car (GT3) because of the sunroof. "

I have never refered to MY car as OUR car... My guess is he runs a shop with a competing product and is just trying to Badmouth someone. Not cool!

Last edited by nugent_crai; 01-19-2011 at 10:31 AM.
Old 01-19-2011, 10:53 AM
Geo_first is infamous around these parts
Thumbs up great bar

We installed this bar in a customers cars (we are a new car dealer) and have had nothing but great feedback the install is breeze. The customer loves its function and for the track events they do, there has never been a question about it. It's not a cage replacement but that is not its intent. We recommend it all the time for a club car bar, I wish they had them for all makes and models because we could sell them like crazy.

Old 01-19-2011, 11:16 AM
utkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by nugent_crai
Ps... I was trying to figure out who this RP guy is as I have never seen him on the board before, so I checked his previous posts...
"Greetings,
I've been lurking in the backround for some time and picked up tons of valueable information from everyone here, thanks!

I have a new RSS competition roll bar (guards red) that will not fit in OUR car (GT3) because of the sunroof. "

I have never refered to MY car as OUR car... My guess is he runs a shop with a competing product and is just trying to Badmouth someone. Not cool!
I have no idea about other posters identities, but speaking about this bar - it is not safe to mount a bar like this to b-pillars as they will collapse/bend when car rolls and this bar will either come in contact with your head or will pull straps back - depending of where it will go after deformation. that is why proper bars are mounted to rear struts bolts, rear seat bolts where car tub is thickiest and gets drilled to a floor in front.

this agency bar has even less mount points than a brey-krause harness bar but costs twice as much. imho, bad product and it definitely offers no 'roll bar' functionality in case of an actual roll.

Last edited by utkinpol; 01-19-2011 at 11:18 AM.
Old 01-19-2011, 11:32 AM
Former Vendor
The mounting points of this bar are the same as a Porsche Tequipment OEM bar, GMG early 997 bar, and RSS early 997 bar.

Germans must be dumb... too

MUCH RESPECT to those companies as they have probably sold more then us. We have sold about 50 bars worldwide.

To further promote GMG and RSS, they have a new "competition" roll bar which still uses the same front mounting points but then relocates the rear to the strut top bolts.

The Autopower roll bar is the same design except you drill into the chassis and use plates. Here is one in my 996TT.

If you know which organization you are going to be competing in on the enthusiast level for Time Attack, Time Trial, Group Racing, etc, forward me their rules and I can tell you if our Roll Bar would work. If you plan on becoming a professional driver and travel around the country with a full cup car and not your weekend race, please call Fabryce at GMG and they can build you a full compliant weld in roll bar based off of their "real" racing experience.

Last edited by vividracing; 01-19-2011 at 11:35 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 997.2 GT3 Running Agency Power Roll Bar