Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

100k to spend...so many choices!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-21-2011, 10:34 AM
AceRothstein415 is infamous around these parts
[quote=utkinpol;3100587]i do not think p-car has a big 'impress' factor in CA - you need to go with 430 scuderia or something for that.

GT3 has plenty of "impress" factor here in Cali if the right person is looking, and scuds in socal are not really that rare. I would get a gt3.2 personally. Good luck....

Old 01-21-2011, 10:44 AM
TRAKCAR is a glorious beacon of lightTRAKCAR is a glorious beacon of lightTRAKCAR is a glorious beacon of lightTRAKCAR is a glorious beacon of lightTRAKCAR is a glorious beacon of light
stretch a little for a .2RS, then you don't need to mod anything.
+1, RS is the one..

Old 01-21-2011, 10:58 AM
boostedt0y is infamous around these parts
Has anyone had any luck purchasing a .2 GT3 for $100k? I've called a few local dealers in the bay area and they wanted ~$113k for a .2 GT3 with less thank 5k miles. No engine mounts or front lift.

Old 01-21-2011, 11:18 AM
DD GT3 RD has much to be proud ofDD GT3 RD has much to be proud ofDD GT3 RD has much to be proud ofDD GT3 RD has much to be proud ofDD GT3 RD has much to be proud ofDD GT3 RD has much to be proud ofDD GT3 RD has much to be proud ofDD GT3 RD has much to be proud ofDD GT3 RD has much to be proud ofDD GT3 RD has much to be proud of
I was about to sell mine for 102k (guy couldnt get out of deal, long story) and thats the lowest Ill go. So if anyone wants to "steal" a GT3... you can take mine for that price.

CDR30 w/ upgraded sound
Dynamic engine mounts
sharkys bypass with tip
and $3000 dollar clear bra!

Old 01-21-2011, 11:39 AM
vbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by DD GT3 RD
I was about to sell mine for 102k (guy couldnt get out of deal, long story) and thats the lowest Ill go. So if anyone wants to "steal" a GT3... you can take mine for that price.

CDR30 w/ upgraded sound
Dynamic engine mounts
sharkys bypass with tip
and $3000 dollar clear bra!
man your car is perfect and what a steal! I would buy yours now if it were white. My past two cars were seal gray's..GLWS.

Old 01-21-2011, 01:47 PM
On Pole is a jewel in the roughOn Pole is a jewel in the roughOn Pole is a jewel in the rough
attarja,

How much track time do you have under your belt? GT3s can bite.

Old 01-21-2011, 03:26 PM
attarja is infamous around these parts
My original post was to get some clarity...thanks for nothing :0

what it boils down to is my buds all have vanilla gt3.1's, and what's a guy to do, get the same one...I think not. Got to one up them.

Really want something streetable so a Cup car is out...for now. Will really try and find a 10 RS that fits my budget...then it's likely a 10 GT3.

Old 01-21-2011, 03:43 PM
attarja is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by On Pole
attarja,

How much track time do you have under your belt? GT3s can bite.
does F1 count? (indoor racing that is though i took a great shot of michael in what we all thought was his last f1 race in shanghai!

Before the flames...I know I'll be in over my head early and watching that first corner real closely (really don't want to be that guy). there are a bunch of great instructors and programs here locally and I plan on taking my time.

I'll take it at my own speed, but the pull of this brand and track machine is too much for me to be reasonable or rational.

Old 01-21-2011, 06:36 PM
KoalaSlim is a splendid one to beholdKoalaSlim is a splendid one to beholdKoalaSlim is a splendid one to beholdKoalaSlim is a splendid one to beholdKoalaSlim is a splendid one to beholdKoalaSlim is a splendid one to beholdKoalaSlim is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by attarja
does F1 count? (indoor racing that is though i took a great shot of michael in what we all thought was his last f1 race in shanghai!

Before the flames...I know I'll be in over my head early and watching that first corner real closely (really don't want to be that guy). there are a bunch of great instructors and programs here locally and I plan on taking my time.

I'll take it at my own speed, but the pull of this brand and track machine is too much for me to be reasonable or rational.
Understandable. Proceed.

Old 01-21-2011, 07:49 PM
PJS
PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !
.2 RS can be had for less than 130
even less than 121 in some cases

not that I agree with one upsmanship but this would do the trick in your situation

Old 01-21-2011, 11:34 PM
DD GT3 RD has much to be proud ofDD GT3 RD has much to be proud ofDD GT3 RD has much to be proud ofDD GT3 RD has much to be proud ofDD GT3 RD has much to be proud ofDD GT3 RD has much to be proud ofDD GT3 RD has much to be proud ofDD GT3 RD has much to be proud ofDD GT3 RD has much to be proud ofDD GT3 RD has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by vbmw335
man your car is perfect and what a steal! I would buy yours now if it were white. My past two cars were seal gray's..GLWS.
Haha. That happened with one buyer. He wanted a diff color than his prev car. IMO meteor grey rocks but that's why I got it... Grey stays clean too! Goodluck. Car is at an amazing price

Old 01-22-2011, 06:08 AM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !

what it boils down to is my buds all have vanilla gt3.1's, and what's a guy to do, get the same one...I think not. Got to one up them.

Really want something streetable so a Cup car is out...for now. Will really try and find a 10 RS that fits my budget...then it's likely a 10 GT3.
Don't know if you're serious... I've never purchased a car for this reason. Perhaps the reason your buds have them is because it's the right car to have?

Old 01-22-2011, 10:15 AM
Tim Kay is infamous around these parts
...I'm planning on hiding an additional 30k from wifey for mods and maintenance

AFAIC, you can buy a Miata and my respect for you is still over the top due to the fact you have a pair big enough to "hide" cash from the wifey and admit it on the internet.

All kidding aside, with 100k buy a Superformance GT40R and you'll impress more than you can handle! Ask me how I know.

Old 01-22-2011, 10:29 AM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
I've heard of .2 RS in the 115k range, not easy to find though.

Buy a 997.1 GT3 and learn how to drive the heck out of it and you'll really impress your friends.

Old 01-22-2011, 10:29 AM
utkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond repute

if you want a 'streetable' car - buy a .2 TT PDK car. it is way better thing for a street and you will beat all your buddies in gt cars. on a street.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 100k to spend...so many choices!