Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

looking for a generous 997.1 GT3 owner in Austin, Texas to PM me

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-27-2011, 12:52 PM
tssci is a splendid one to beholdtssci is a splendid one to beholdtssci is a splendid one to beholdtssci is a splendid one to beholdtssci is a splendid one to beholdtssci is a splendid one to behold
I agree entirely...

Originally Posted by cc08gt2
No brainer decision. We all may be biased on the GT3 here, but we all came from other cars, and NOONE is looking back. There are guys that like to go Kaboom in a straight line, then there are guys that know what a real driver's car is all about.
I'm one of those 'who came from other cars' guy and I have not looked back. Another comment about you'll forget the clutch and shifter stiffness in a few days is spot on...truly unnoticeable now with me. I had an 07 and 08 Turbo and LOVE this GT3...the longer RPM pulls in the GT3 vice the on/off Turbo is sooooooo satisfying, and the split personality of the sport exhaust adds noise that just can't be found in a Turbo. I have a SHARKSWERK bypass still sitting in the box as I'm entirely happy with the factory exhaust in the SPORT setting. P.S. I don't miss any of the 6 Ferraris that preceded the GT3 either...these (the GT3) are true driving cars.

Old 01-28-2011, 11:36 AM
BMWDEMON is a jewel in the roughBMWDEMON is a jewel in the roughBMWDEMON is a jewel in the rough
Well written and I did the same thing and found a true gentleman who gave me a ride in his 2010 GT3 and then proceeded to hand the keys over and insist I drive the car for 30 minutes so I would know what I was getting into although he knew I had come from several M3's which included one that was supercharged and a 996TT. I was sold. I simply cannot get the car out of my mind and the experience was top notch. The knife anology is 100% spot on and I actually was right at home with the clutch and shifter right away...Bruce was amazed that I drove his car the way I did (apparently the dealer stalled his car out several times!) for never being in one...commented that I drove it like I had owned it from day one. I really enjoyed the car. I also have driven the Cayman S which is very nice and actually quite impressive but it has nothing on the GT3 as far as I am concerned. I am currently monitoring the market and have an 18 month wait time for priorities before I get into my GT3 but it is going to happen.

I wish you the best of luck in any decision you make but the GT3 is the way to go.

Michael