Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Roll Call NASA Eveant Road Atlanta March 11-13

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-09-2011, 08:44 PM
Glock Guru is a splendid one to beholdGlock Guru is a splendid one to beholdGlock Guru is a splendid one to beholdGlock Guru is a splendid one to beholdGlock Guru is a splendid one to beholdGlock Guru is a splendid one to beholdGlock Guru is a splendid one to behold
Roll Call NASA Event Road Atlanta March 11-13

Anybody going to the NASA event at Road Atlanta on March 11-13?

I'll be running the Comp School Friday and TTU on Saturday and Sunday.

Road Atlanta is always a big turn out, should be a good time if weather holds.

-Troy

Old 02-10-2011, 04:47 AM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
I'll be there, haven't decided if I'm running or not yet. If I do, it will be in TTU as well. I know a lot of other guys (P-car and others) that will be there as well. Some running the races, some running time trials.

Can't wait to see that car in action though.

Old 02-10-2011, 07:36 PM
Glock Guru is a splendid one to beholdGlock Guru is a splendid one to beholdGlock Guru is a splendid one to beholdGlock Guru is a splendid one to beholdGlock Guru is a splendid one to beholdGlock Guru is a splendid one to beholdGlock Guru is a splendid one to behold
Good deal. More the better. Waiting on two more sets of wheels. This road trip I will have rains mounted and back up slicks. Going to take out some more weight on the car and change the suspension specs some what. Car is still over weight and under powered, but making progress.

-Troy

Old 02-11-2011, 09:00 AM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Let me know if you need anything, I live 10 minutes from the track. The March event at Road Atlanta is usually the biggest event for NASA SE. But based on the last few years, those rains might come in handy. Are you running Hoosiers? Based on your being underpowered and overweight, you could probably run slicks.

Old 02-11-2011, 09:22 AM
Originally Posted by heavychevy
Let me know if you need anything, I live 10 minutes from the track. The March event at Road Atlanta is usually the biggest event for NASA SE. But based on the last few years, those rains might come in handy. Are you running Hoosiers? Based on your being underpowered and overweight, you could probably run slicks.
Ya running Hoosier R6's. The rains are radial DOT also.

I was thinking what you were thinking, I have weight to give so radial slicks will be the way to go. Going to try 255/335 combo this time and see how that does on fitment. Would like to go to a 345 in back but not sure on fitment.

Old 02-11-2011, 09:35 AM
TWI
TWI has a spectacular aura aboutTWI has a spectacular aura about
I'll be there doing comp school as well. We typically set up pit right in front of the pavilion - usually my Mustang surrounded by a sea of C5Z06 Vettes. Hopefully I will have my new shocks installed and most of the decals off of the car by then.

Stop by and say hi, my trailer is the black one with the grouchybear.com logo on it, slightly visible in the background of the photo below in our typical pit spot.

Tal

Old 02-11-2011, 11:12 AM
jenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant future
Not driving, but I'll be up there watching a few buddies.

Troy, what all have you done to your RS?

Old 02-12-2011, 03:22 AM
cc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud of
You think I should make a go Colonel? Get the right size R6's and I will take yours.
We are working on car here in Big D this weekend.

Old 02-21-2011, 12:21 PM
sbrismeur is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Glock Guru
Ya running Hoosier R6's. The rains are radial DOT also.

I was thinking what you were thinking, I have weight to give so radial slicks will be the way to go. Going to try 255/335 combo this time and see how that does on fitment. Would like to go to a 345 in back but not sure on fitment.
345's will fit just fine on your tech one. The main concern would be how much have you lowered the car. On stock set up there is no problem. We are running three RS with that set up. 255 front and 345 rear R6.

Old 02-22-2011, 12:37 PM
Originally Posted by sbrismeur@gmail
345's will fit just fine on your tech one. The main concern would be how much have you lowered the car. On stock set up there is no problem. We are running three RS with that set up. 255 front and 345 rear R6.
What 255 do you run in the front? The 35 or the 40 series? Also will you be at Road Atlanta for the NASA event?

-Troy

Old 02-27-2011, 03:15 PM
UPDATE: I will be running the Test -N- Tune Friday not the Comp School. I meet the school requirements, but my car is not up to road race "wheel to wheel" safety spec only TT specs.

Still looking forward to meeting you guys. You know the car, but not my rig. I'll be in a white / tan 2010 Dodge Diesel w/ black Weld wheels. Its easy to see. My trailer is a 24" white Pace enclosed. If all else fails, look for the LSU Tiger flag high above the trailer.

Still running TTU Saturday and Sunday.

-Troy

Old 02-28-2011, 12:04 AM
I'm thinking about running that test N tune, I won't be running the Time Trials though.