Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Akrapovic Slip-On Installed - Pics

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-05-2011, 01:27 PM
911dev is a jewel in the rough911dev is a jewel in the rough911dev is a jewel in the rough911dev is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by FadeToBlack
The build quality is the best I've ever seen, it uses the titanium, it is among the lightest possible without droning (I believe it to be the lightest exhaust without any bypass, correct me if I'm wrong), it produces good power gains and many of their exhausts (probably this one too) are TUV certified, meaning no one would give you a ticket if you have one installed, nor will it void warranty (at least in Europe).
I'll begin by stating that I love Akra products, although will also say that I am not a true believer in any hp and/or torque gains (other than maybe 1-2 hp) with any bypass and/or center replacement section as shown above.

As much as Ti is very light Akra's center section still only shaves 4 lbs from the tail (iircc) which is not enough to really be meaningful. Add to this the very high cost of Akra's products.

It is hard to justify spending this kind of dough when a simple bypass by Sharky or RSS yields the same or at least very similar power gains but weighs 16-17 lbs less and costs much less. I do prefer the look of the Akra however.

Last edited by 911dev; 03-05-2011 at 01:32 PM.
Old 03-06-2011, 08:15 PM
Former Vendor
Tal@ACGAutomotive has a reputation beyond reputeTal@ACGAutomotive has a reputation beyond reputeTal@ACGAutomotive has a reputation beyond reputeTal@ACGAutomotive has a reputation beyond reputeTal@ACGAutomotive has a reputation beyond reputeTal@ACGAutomotive has a reputation beyond reputeTal@ACGAutomotive has a reputation beyond reputeTal@ACGAutomotive has a reputation beyond reputeTal@ACGAutomotive has a reputation beyond reputeTal@ACGAutomotive has a reputation beyond reputeTal@ACGAutomotive has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by 911dev
I'll begin by stating that I love Akra products, although will also say that I am not a true believer in any hp and/or torque gains (other than maybe 1-2 hp) with any bypass and/or center replacement section as shown above.

As much as Ti is very light Akra's center section still only shaves 4 lbs from the tail (iircc) which is not enough to really be meaningful. Add to this the very high cost of Akra's products.

It is hard to justify spending this kind of dough when a simple bypass by Sharky or RSS yields the same or at least very similar power gains but weighs 16-17 lbs less and costs much less. I do prefer the look of the Akra however.
The bypass is hard to compare with Akrapovic muffler, or any sort of muffler for that matter. Firstly, the bypass does not change the tone of the exhaust. It makes it louder but the sound still pretty raspy. Secondly, the bypass does not cancel out the low-RPM drone. If you decide to remove the side mufflers the car will become undrivable on daily basis due to the constant exhaust noise. Bypass is a great, cheap alternative to a muffler; however, it is not for everybody.

Old 03-08-2011, 12:43 PM
911dev is a jewel in the rough911dev is a jewel in the rough911dev is a jewel in the rough911dev is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Automotive Connoisseur
The bypass is hard to compare with Akrapovic muffler, or any sort of muffler for that matter. Firstly, the bypass does not change the tone of the exhaust. It makes it louder but the sound still pretty raspy. Secondly, the bypass does not cancel out the low-RPM drone. If you decide to remove the side mufflers the car will become undrivable on daily basis due to the constant exhaust noise. Bypass is a great, cheap alternative to a muffler; however, it is not for everybody.
Good to know. Is mid-range torque retained with each option?

Old 03-30-2011, 08:30 PM
Banned
mr.raven is infamous around these parts
I m sure it has a nice crazy sound to it and nice job.