Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Akrapovic Slip-On Installed - Pics

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-04-2011, 11:41 AM
audiophilitis is infamous around these parts
Akrapovic Slip-On Installed - Pics

Just wanted to share some pics of my car with the Akrapovic Slip-On exhaust and carbon heat shield. It was a relatively easy DIY job -- took about 3 hours on a relaxed pace. The tips are large and double wall (100mm) and fit well under the carbon trim. In terms of sound, it's a tad louder than stock in sport mode, at idle but with less rasp (lower tone, more refined). Unfortunately, car only has about 100 miles so I can't give any feedback on sound over 4500 RPM. Sorry about the novice quality pictures.

Attached Images      
Old 03-04-2011, 12:43 PM
Alzaabi is infamous around these parts
Looks great , the best exhaust ever !

Old 03-04-2011, 12:46 PM
Misanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant future
^^ Thats a bold statement. I do like the carbon trim piece that comes with these Akra pieces.

Old 03-04-2011, 04:48 PM
FadeToBlack is a glorious beacon of lightFadeToBlack is a glorious beacon of lightFadeToBlack is a glorious beacon of lightFadeToBlack is a glorious beacon of lightFadeToBlack is a glorious beacon of lightFadeToBlack is a glorious beacon of light
That's a bold statement, but it's the best made aftermarket exhaust for Porsche, bar none. The fact that Porsche used Akrapovic as their OEM supplier for the GT2 is saying something. Pricey, but it's amazing.

Old 03-04-2011, 05:59 PM
drdrilz is a jewel in the roughdrdrilz is a jewel in the roughdrdrilz is a jewel in the rough
we need sound clips now! congrats

Old 03-04-2011, 07:50 PM
JEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond repute
Looks awesome and is even better that you DIY'd it! Exhausts are not hard on these cars.

Akropovic is not only the supplier for the GT2 RS but also the M3 GTS... great product!

Jason

Old 03-04-2011, 07:53 PM
Misanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by FadeToBlack
That's a bold statement, but it's the best made aftermarket exhaust for Porsche, bar none. The fact that Porsche used Akrapovic as their OEM supplier for the GT2 is saying something. Pricey, but it's amazing.

I'm just curious as to why you think it is the "best" Best could describe so many different variables know what I mean? The craftsmanship is amazing, but like you said, stupid expensive. I would never drop the coin on one.

Old 03-04-2011, 09:26 PM
Originally Posted by JEllis
Looks awesome and is even better that you DIY'd it! Exhausts are not hard on these cars.

Akropovic is not only the supplier for the GT2 RS but also the M3 GTS... great product!

Jason
Thanks -- it was an easy install. Even had to remove the bumper twice to tighten bolts and realign tips after a couple of heat/cold cycles.

Old 03-04-2011, 09:29 PM
Originally Posted by drdrilz
we need sound clips now! congrats
Give me a few more weeks to put some miles on the car then I'll post some sound clips.

Old 03-04-2011, 09:38 PM
Originally Posted by Misanors4
I'm just curious as to why you think it is the "best" Best could describe so many different variables know what I mean? The craftsmanship is amazing, but like you said, stupid expensive. I would never drop the coin on one.
I have the slip-on model which is just the center muffler, and the mandatory carbon trim. Good thing with Akra is they're modular -- you can piece meal the parts, i.e., center muffler now then when you're ready for an additional 25db of noise, get the sports cup pipes, if you want hi-flo cats and headers down the road, you can just add those parts -- they will just bolt right on.

Old 03-05-2011, 01:08 AM
z3lai is infamous around these parts
any significant effect on the low end torque?

Old 03-05-2011, 07:08 AM
a_Y
a_Y has a spectacular aura abouta_Y has a spectacular aura about

I have the slip-on model which is just the center muffler, and the mandatory carbon trim. Good thing with Akra is they're modular -- you can piece meal the parts, i.e., center muffler now then when you're ready for an additional 25db of noise, get the sports cup pipes, if you want hi-flo cats and headers down the road, you can just add those parts -- they will just bolt right on.
Actually if you want to change from the Sports Cup to full Evolution Race (headers/cats), the side connecting pipes will have to be changed. The side pipes for the Evolution Race and Sports Cup configurations are different.

Old 03-05-2011, 07:51 AM
Originally Posted by z3lai
any significant effect on the low end torque?
nope

Old 03-05-2011, 11:42 AM
Former Vendor
Tal@ACGAutomotive has a reputation beyond reputeTal@ACGAutomotive has a reputation beyond reputeTal@ACGAutomotive has a reputation beyond reputeTal@ACGAutomotive has a reputation beyond reputeTal@ACGAutomotive has a reputation beyond reputeTal@ACGAutomotive has a reputation beyond reputeTal@ACGAutomotive has a reputation beyond reputeTal@ACGAutomotive has a reputation beyond reputeTal@ACGAutomotive has a reputation beyond reputeTal@ACGAutomotive has a reputation beyond reputeTal@ACGAutomotive has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks for posting the pictures. Too bad that you can't capture the sound of this exhaust on a video. The exhaust sounds different in real life from any video I have seen. It's the low end bass that the mic does not pick up. Let me know when you are ready for the next step

Old 03-05-2011, 11:55 AM
FadeToBlack is a glorious beacon of lightFadeToBlack is a glorious beacon of lightFadeToBlack is a glorious beacon of lightFadeToBlack is a glorious beacon of lightFadeToBlack is a glorious beacon of lightFadeToBlack is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by Misanors4
The build quality is the best I've ever seen, it uses the titanium, it is among the lightest possible without droning (I believe it to be the lightest exhaust without any bypass, correct me if I'm wrong), it produces good power gains and many of their exhausts (probably this one too) are TUV certified, meaning no one would give you a ticket if you have one installed, nor will it void warranty (at least in Europe).

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Akrapovic Slip-On Installed - Pics