Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

What manufacturer makes a quiet-ish exhaust system for the 997.1 GT3?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-09-2011, 10:57 AM
maroli is infamous around these partsmaroli is infamous around these parts
What manufacturer makes a quiet-ish exhaust system for the 997.1 GT3?

Hello all, I am a prospective future buyer (though how far in the future remains to be seen) of a 997.1 GT3 and I was wondering about which manufacturer made a quieter exhaust? I'd like as much gain as possible but I'm willing to sacrifice a little power (not over stock obv, but over an effectively straight-through sytem) for a sound that's not much louder than stock. I've heard clips of nearly all the popular systems and they all sound great, personally speaking, but a lot of them scream like a banshee. While this is appealing in its own way, I'd like to be able to go around without disturbing the peace and having police tail me. I've learned over time that if you have a louder exhaust, you're more likely to get noticed and pulled over even when you're just going with the flow of traffic (which is usually 15-20 mph over the limit). Any suggestions? I know kreiggsegg (spelling?) makes an exhaust with switchable sound, but does that not add complexity and weight?

Old 03-10-2011, 12:42 PM
(crickets)
lol, you'd think I asked about a quieter exhaust in a civic forum
Ideally, I'd like something around the same volume as the 997.2 GT3 RS (sport mode on)

Old 03-10-2011, 01:04 PM
jbigelow_1 is just really nicejbigelow_1 is just really nicejbigelow_1 is just really nicejbigelow_1 is just really nicejbigelow_1 is just really nice
AKRAPOVIC slip-on....... just a little deeper tone... if you want close to stock. but $$$$$$$

Old 03-10-2011, 02:23 PM
Originally Posted by jbigelow_1
AKRAPOVIC slip-on....... just a little deeper tone... if you want close to stock. but $$$$$$$
hmmm, yeah I figured akrapovic slip-on wouldn't be too loud, but then not much gains as well I'd assume? Is their evolution system also fairly quiet? I wouldn't be interested in their full-on race system because it would probably crack the 102db mark.

Old 03-10-2011, 05:22 PM
Polarcharger is infamous around these parts
Stock is probably your best bet. .1 GT3 isn't exactly whisper quiet, and you won't see much/any performance gain unless you spend big money, break the law, or both.

For bypasses, SharkWerks may be slightly less loud than alternatives.

Old 03-10-2011, 05:24 PM
jbigelow_1 is just really nicejbigelow_1 is just really nicejbigelow_1 is just really nicejbigelow_1 is just really nicejbigelow_1 is just really nice
The best bang for the buck is the SHARKEY bypass....... and one of the best, if not the best, customer service around!!!!!!

Old 03-10-2011, 05:36 PM
carfan has a spectacular aura aboutcarfan has a spectacular aura aboutcarfan has a spectacular aura about
Go with Alex at SHARKWERKS: best price, best service

Enough said

Old 03-11-2011, 10:45 AM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
hehe thanks guys/fellas... Too nice Here's a few vids to check. To the OP there's a good few folks in Toronto with the exhaust

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZkWgjCHwNuE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XzeLcvgOVzQ