Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Thumbs up to Midwest Eurosport & Sharkwerks!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-21-2011, 08:40 PM
fang911 is a glorious beacon of lightfang911 is a glorious beacon of lightfang911 is a glorious beacon of lightfang911 is a glorious beacon of lightfang911 is a glorious beacon of lightfang911 is a glorious beacon of light
Thumbs up to Midwest Eurosport & Sharkwerks!

A few weeks ago I was quoted 7-8 hours of labor at our local dealership to install the Sharkwerks bypass, and another 12 hours of labor to raise the suspension 1/2" (back to factory specs) + alignment + corner balance. The dealership ended up charging me 3 hours of labor to remove the bumper and then put it back on again after I realized their quote was insane and cancelled the install before they ever even opened up the Sharkwerks bypass shipping box.

Yesterday nite, I dropped off the GT3 at Midwest Eurosport in Bensenville and picked it up this afternoon - bypass installed (2.5 hours) - sounds absolutely phenomenal; also had the suspension adjustment/alignment/corner balance (5 hours). Car drives great, doesn't scrape every bump and driveway lip, and now sounds as it should from the factory. The shop was very professional, called me with updates, and explained everything they did. Completely different than the local dealership! Kudos to Midwest Eurosport and Sharkwerks!

Old 03-22-2011, 05:09 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by fang911
A few weeks ago I was quoted 7-8 hours of labor at our local dealership to install the Sharkwerks bypass, and another 12 hours of labor to raise the suspension 1/2" (back to factory specs) + alignment + corner balance. The dealership ended up charging me 3 hours of labor to remove the bumper and then put it back on again after I realized their quote was insane and cancelled the install before they ever even opened up the Sharkwerks bypass shipping box.

Yesterday nite, I dropped off the GT3 at Midwest Eurosport in Bensenville and picked it up this afternoon - bypass installed (2.5 hours) - sounds absolutely phenomenal; also had the suspension adjustment/alignment/corner balance (5 hours). Car drives great, doesn't scrape every bump and driveway lip, and now sounds as it should from the factory. The shop was very professional, called me with updates, and explained everything they did. Completely different than the local dealership! Kudos to Midwest Eurosport and Sharkwerks!
Hey Fang911 so glad it worked out and also happy you like it It really shouldn't take any longer than that so not sure what they were thinking

Old 03-22-2011, 07:40 PM
Mcgyver has a spectacular aura aboutMcgyver has a spectacular aura aboutMcgyver has a spectacular aura about
Love to hear it. Those Sharkwerks' guys provide exceptional service.

Old 03-22-2011, 09:08 PM
e3113v is infamous around these parts
Thanks for the info... All's well, that ends well!
Congrats and enjoy!

Old 03-22-2011, 09:21 PM
aussie jimmy is infamous around these partsaussie jimmy is infamous around these parts
good result!

Old 03-22-2011, 09:29 PM
snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !
I love happy endings! That's why I only the boys at Sharkwerks touch my car.

Old 03-22-2011, 09:49 PM
vbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant futurevbmw335 has a brilliant future
Hey I am glad it worked out. I would like to hear your exhaust , i am thinking of buying one for my car as well. Please pm me.

Old 03-25-2011, 10:34 AM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by vbmw335
Hey I am glad it worked out. I would like to hear your exhaust , i am thinking of buying one for my car as well. Please pm me.
Let me know if you have any questions Can always try it first
Originally Posted by snowboarder54
I love happy endings! That's why I only the boys at Sharkwerks touch my car.
Not entirely true... I mean you don't let ME change the spark plugs do ya
Originally Posted by aussie jimmy
good result!
Thanks pal...
Originally Posted by Mcgyver
Cheers very much Hopefully someday we'll get California back and actually be able to drive again??!?!

Old 03-27-2011, 09:14 AM
Former Vendor
GTgears has a reputation beyond reputeGTgears has a reputation beyond reputeGTgears has a reputation beyond reputeGTgears has a reputation beyond reputeGTgears has a reputation beyond reputeGTgears has a reputation beyond reputeGTgears has a reputation beyond reputeGTgears has a reputation beyond reputeGTgears has a reputation beyond reputeGTgears has a reputation beyond reputeGTgears has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Mcgyver
So does Eurosport. They are the first place I send my customers to for gearbox work in the Chicago area. Top not race and hot rod shop.

Old 03-27-2011, 04:50 PM
chiffonade is infamous around these parts
How high did you lift the suspension? Got pics/vid?

Old 03-27-2011, 07:38 PM
fang911 is a glorious beacon of lightfang911 is a glorious beacon of lightfang911 is a glorious beacon of lightfang911 is a glorious beacon of lightfang911 is a glorious beacon of lightfang911 is a glorious beacon of light
It's now back to stock height / specs. The previous owner had it tuned (lowered) by Farnbacher-Loles for the track, but it was scraping every bump and rode pretty stiffly for the street. I only take it to the track 3-5x/yr and have direct orders from the wife to "take it easy out there, don't forget you have a wife and kid" so I'm not sure that I would benefit that much from the track-tuned suspension anyways- have a lot to learn about weight transfer and other fundamentals of driving first. Plus, I like the look of the stock ride height too-

Old 03-30-2011, 10:29 AM
Originally Posted by GTgears
So does Eurosport. They are the first place I send my customers to for gearbox work in the Chicago area. Top not race and hot rod shop.
Thanks mate and good to know for the future too!