Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Buying without trying

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-24-2011, 12:12 PM
saeyedoc is infamous around these partssaeyedoc is infamous around these parts
Buying without trying

Anyone see this thread? Guy buys a GT3 RS without driving anything higher up the food chain than a C2S (which he didn't like) and complains about road noise, clutch stiffness, etc.
http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=506051

Last edited by GT3 Chuck; 03-26-2011 at 12:50 AM. Reason: active link to another forum
Old 03-24-2011, 07:44 PM
mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !
it's posted on M3 forum, 99% of them are m*r*ns. why are you on that forum is the question....

clearly the OP can't find his dick to save his life. be a man and drive the god damn car. i HATED bmws after 15+ M3's... it aint the car. it's the driver.

Old 03-24-2011, 08:58 PM
Only took you 15 BMWS? Slow learner, only took one for me.

Old 03-24-2011, 09:12 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by mooty
it's posted on M3 forum, 99% of them are m*r*ns. why are you on that forum is the question....

clearly the OP can't find his dick to save his life. be a man and drive the god damn car. i HATED bmws after 15+ M3's... it aint the car. it's the driver.
Haha holy crap dude... you always make me laugh and this one well.. I broke one of the keys on my laptop. Good stuff:P

Old 03-25-2011, 07:15 AM
YoopsRacing is infamous around these parts
Mooty don't hold back the way you really feel Dude! Too friggin funny Man

Old 03-25-2011, 09:14 AM
IRguy is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by mooty

Thanks for the kind words!

I posted that thread on M3post. If you read the rest - especially my posts - you will realize that I am not dissatisfied with the RS. The whole thread however turned into some form of pissing content by people who do not have an M3 or an RS either.

Old 03-25-2011, 09:37 AM
Mvez has a spectacular aura aboutMvez has a spectacular aura aboutMvez has a spectacular aura about
Uh, not being able to rev over 5000rpms, and then posting reviews about the RS engine, is well, insane.

The M3 is a great car for what it is, but it's honestly not even comparable to the RS in any fashion. Trying to compare them is apples to oranges. Now if you had an M3 GTS, then that is a more direct comparison, but it's already been shown that it still is not nearly as good as the RS.

The M3 is a fantastic way to learn car control, and a great "intro" into the sports car world, and is the #1 gateway car to the GT3/RS, so it's no suprise that many people have owned both.

The lesson is to never spend 100K+ on a car without driving it. My P-car dealer let's anyone who is serious about buying, drive the car of their interest. If I'm going to spend 100K+, and a dealer says I can't drive something, I tell them to go F-themselves.

Old 03-25-2011, 09:52 AM
Originally Posted by Mvez
The lesson is to never spend 100K+ on a car without driving it. My P-car dealer let's anyone who is serious about buying, drive the car of their interest. If I'm going to spend 100K+, and a dealer says I can't drive something, I tell them to go F-themselves.
I posted this on Rennlist, it's amazing how many owners there bought one solely based on reputation, reviews, etc, without driving one.

Old 03-25-2011, 10:17 AM
IRguy is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Mvez
Uh, not being able to rev over 5000rpms, and then posting reviews about the RS engine, is well, insane.

The M3 is a great car for what it is, but it's honestly not even comparable to the RS in any fashion. Trying to compare them is apples to oranges. Now if you had an M3 GTS, then that is a more direct comparison, but it's already been shown that it still is not nearly as good as the RS.

The M3 is a fantastic way to learn car control, and a great "intro" into the sports car world, and is the #1 gateway car to the GT3/RS, so it's no suprise that many people have owned both.

They simply did not have 997.2 GT3 or RS available. Plus I ordered it in January, very cold, bunch of snow. Would have been difficult to assess the car anyway.

Old 03-25-2011, 11:57 AM
Superfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant futureSuperfly has a brilliant future
To be fair, EVERYONE buying a 918 is gonna buy it without driving it. And as there's nothing 'further up the food chain to test or compare with', I'm pretty sure they're gonna be stuck with what they buy.

I didn't read IRguy's posts on the other forum, but based on post #6 above, I'm pretty sure it's a case of people not reading all the posts before jumping to conclusions. I'm sure that's never happened before......

Last edited by Superfly; 03-25-2011 at 12:07 PM.
Old 03-25-2011, 12:08 PM
germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !
I personally would not support a dealership with my money on any car that they would not let me drive. No drive no deal, its that simple.

Old 03-25-2011, 01:06 PM
YoopsRacing is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Superfly
To be fair, EVERYONE buying a 918 is gonna buy it without driving it. And as there's nothing 'further up the food chain to test or compare with', I'm pretty sure they're gonna be stuck with what they buy.

I didn't read IRguy's posts on the other forum, but based on post #6 above, I'm pretty sure it's a case of people not reading all the posts before jumping to conclusions. I'm sure that's never happened before......
for 845clams...that is trust!

Old 03-25-2011, 08:57 PM
mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by IRguy
Thanks for the kind words!

I posted that thread on M3post. If you read the rest - especially my posts - you will realize that I am not dissatisfied with the RS. The whole thread however turned into some form of pissing content by people who do not have an M3 or an RS either.
perhaps.
my comment applies to the OP's tone and his writing, it doesn't apply to you (yes, you are the OP, but the comment directs to the OP not you. make sense?)
the initial post was what led to the whole dump on the thread. i find it strange why ppl insist on comparing m3 with GT3 or even caymans/boxsters. M3 is not the same, there is no comparison. it's one of those either you get it or you dont thing.

btw none of the test drives mean anything. how fast and how many turns can you test out when you are on the road?

Last edited by mooty; 03-25-2011 at 09:06 PM.
Old 03-25-2011, 09:00 PM
Originally Posted by YoopsRacing
Mooty don't hold back the way you really feel Dude! Too friggin funny Man
it's not funny.
bmw is just that, transportation.
gt3 are toys.
not the same, other than they each have four wheels.

Old 03-25-2011, 09:03 PM
Originally Posted by saeyedoc
I posted this on Rennlist, it's amazing how many owners there bought one solely based on reputation, reviews, etc, without driving one.
i used to test drive a LOT of cars. back then, EVERY dealer within 100 miles of downtown SF know me and hate me. i test drove everything and anything just for fun. after tons of "test drives" i can assure you that 30 miles of test driving tells you nothing. i need 5000 miles or so...

many things in life are to be experienced not "tested".

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Buying without trying