Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Houston, we have a problem...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-30-2011, 03:26 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Houston, we have a problem...

Old 03-30-2011, 03:37 PM
randomquickness is a splendid one to beholdrandomquickness is a splendid one to beholdrandomquickness is a splendid one to beholdrandomquickness is a splendid one to beholdrandomquickness is a splendid one to beholdrandomquickness is a splendid one to beholdrandomquickness is a splendid one to beholdrandomquickness is a splendid one to behold
it'll buff out

Old 03-30-2011, 04:01 PM
Administrator
GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !
these darn cars just don't jump curbs very well...doesn't look like anyone was hurt...hope not anyway

Old 03-30-2011, 04:25 PM
catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !
dayumm!

Old 03-30-2011, 04:54 PM
alevine has a spectacular aura aboutalevine has a spectacular aura about
Damn, that's so sad specially on a new car.

Old 03-30-2011, 05:24 PM
mobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud ofmobonic has much to be proud of
Thats the 3rd 997.2 RS wrecked this week... by this rate they will be collectors items.

Just shows you that $$$ can buy skills, but a GT3 will show you how little driving talent one has very quickly.

i hate seeing these pics.

Old 03-30-2011, 06:14 PM
FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !
Any info on the accident? Was it the son that took it out when the parents where gone, or was it a DUI? Hope the owner would not drive like that in a residential area, maybe accidents like this is where the old saying goes "you know what they say the difference is between a Porsche and a Cactus?"

Old 03-30-2011, 06:21 PM
boochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond repute
That pic is depressing....

Old 03-30-2011, 07:00 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by TestJet
Any info on the accident? Was it the son that took it out when the parents where gone, or was it a DUI? Hope the owner would not drive like that in a residential area, maybe accidents like this is where the old saying goes "you know what they say the difference is between a Porsche and a Cactus?"
Here's the skinny from Jalopnik:

Porsche 911 GT3 RS wrecked, driven home, wrecked further

Matt Hardigree — A poster over at the Houston-Imports forum put up these photos of a severely wrecked new Porsche 911 GT3 RS with the line "Need to learn how to drive it.....especially in the combat zone of the Woodlands, TX." Who can make jokes at a time like this?

I have few doubts this is real. I grew up in The Woodlands and, though every street is hidden behind a veneer of pine trees, it has that lifeless look to it. I wasn't one of the wealthy few who had access to nice cars, but I've certainly seen them abused and mistreated enough to also be a believer.
The poster in question goes by the name Mr. MCoupe but actually drives a Lotus Exige. Is it his new car, is it not? The car's ownership is unclear, but how this accident happened isn't, thanks to another poster who put up photos of the accident.

Whether it was understeer or snap oversteer or just someone accidentally hitting a curb because their judgment was impaired in some way we may never know. But car met curb at a speed high enough to damage the Porsche's expensive body.

It also appears the person who wrecked their 911 GT3 RS drove it home that way… or at least as close to home as they could before they front wheel just snapped off completely. How long is that trail of fluid behind the car? Perhaps it was flat-bedded there, but I'm not giving anyone who makes those color choices the benefit of the doubt.

Bragging about destroying a $160K Porsche? Sometimes I miss my hometown.

Old 03-30-2011, 07:32 PM
snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by mobonic
Thats the 3rd 997.2 RS wrecked this week... by this rate they will be collectors items.

Just shows you that $$$ can buy skills, but a GT3 will show you how little driving talent one has very quickly.

i hate seeing these pics.
Gheez! It's a fricken epidemic! Let's excercise a little caution out there

Old 03-30-2011, 10:33 PM
mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !
why not just drive 10mph under the speed limit then you probably wont hit anything.

Old 03-30-2011, 10:57 PM
snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by mooty
why not just drive 10mph under the speed limit then you probably wont hit anything.
You ever do that?

Old 03-30-2011, 10:59 PM
Mcgyver has a spectacular aura aboutMcgyver has a spectacular aura aboutMcgyver has a spectacular aura about
Sad

Old 03-30-2011, 11:20 PM
neuroguru is infamous around these partsneuroguru is infamous around these parts
That is the saddest series of manufacturer's defects I have seen: wheel wells AND fender flares AND strut assembly falling off? Not to mention the cruddy sidewalks and flimsy trees the HOA put in. Whatever happened to pride in craftsmanship? I'd ask for a full refund.

Old 03-30-2011, 11:22 PM
neuroguru is infamous around these partsneuroguru is infamous around these parts
Did anyone else not get the TSB on disintegrating struts, tires, and quarter panels? Why am I always the last to find these things out?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Houston, we have a problem...