Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

My New toy! (GTS)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-02-2011, 05:18 AM
drsrock is a jewel in the roughdrsrock is a jewel in the roughdrsrock is a jewel in the roughdrsrock is a jewel in the rough
My New toy! (GTS)

Well I just picked up my new toy from the dealership!

Old 04-02-2011, 05:54 AM
White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !
Beautiful, I love the white!!

Old 04-02-2011, 06:06 AM
PRS 7 is infamous around these parts
Wrong section but right car!

I don't know if you guys are still getting the nasty weather up there but some sunny day pics with the top down would be great. One of only a few I have seen with lugged wheels.

Congrats. Going to be a nice summer for you.

Old 04-02-2011, 06:43 AM
drsrock is a jewel in the roughdrsrock is a jewel in the roughdrsrock is a jewel in the roughdrsrock is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by PRS 7
Wrong section but right car!

I don't know if you guys are still getting the nasty weather up there but some sunny day pics with the top down would be great. One of only a few I have seen with lugged wheels.

Congrats. Going to be a nice summer for you.
Can't control the weather. Picked it up and drove it into a snow storm. As I pulled into the garage my son was so excited he snapped the picture and posted the thread.
Sunny day pictures coming after I put on new BBS-CH-R wheels, Techart III wing, and aero package front spoiler lip, later this week. The centerlock are cool looking, but for the track it is a pain in the A**, and not too many wheel choices at this time. I run 18" 9 front, 12 rear, and they just do not have what I want at a reasonable price. Good old 5 lug has a ton of choices.

Old 04-02-2011, 06:53 AM
PRS 7 is infamous around these parts
When the time is right and the GTS remains my choice I will look for a lugged car. Nothing against the CL but it is not for me and I want to personalize the car as you seem to be doing.

Your son reminded me of the day, mannnnny moons ago, when my dad told my two brothers and I to take the trash to the garage. We asked why do all three of us need to take it... Just do it, he said. I was about eight I guess.

We went into the garage and he had a new Triumph Bonneville sitting there. We started spinning around like little puppies. Life was even better back then.

Keep us updated with the mods!

Just noticed your seating...

Last edited by PRS 7; 04-02-2011 at 06:55 AM. Reason: seats
Old 04-02-2011, 07:01 AM
cc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud of
Great choice of car. Just bought my wife a black/black cab GTS as well. Exhaust is great and the car is quick. A tune and remove the heavy exhaust and I'm afraid this car would upset quite a few GT3 guys, me included.

Old 04-02-2011, 07:05 AM
Originally Posted by cc08gt2
Great choice of car. Just bought my wife a black/black cab GTS as well. Exhaust is great and the car is quick. A tune and remove the heavy exhaust and I'm afraid this car would upset quite a few GT3 guys, me included.

Tell me more "A tune and remove the heavy exhaust". How, who, how much? Sounds like somthing I NEED to do.

Old 04-02-2011, 07:08 AM
cc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud ofcc08gt2 has much to be proud of
I bet it's a little early on tunes, but I am thinking of getting a bypass pipe in the rear. That removes the rear muffler, while still keeping the exhaust button function in tact. So you will have loud, and then louder. All while removing maybe 50 pounds of unneeded muffler. Would need to get with Sharkewerks/Evoms on tuning. Getting this car to 430 or 440 HP with PDK paddles might be the bomb.

Old 04-02-2011, 07:19 AM
Originally Posted by cc08gt2
I bet it's a little early on tunes, but I am thinking of getting a bypass pipe in the rear. That removes the rear muffler, while still keeping the exhaust button function in tact. So you will have loud, and then louder. All while removing maybe 50 pounds of unneeded muffler. Would need to get with Sharkewerks/Evoms on tuning. Getting this car to 430 or 440 HP with PDK paddles might be the bomb.
And PDK this car is.
Will look into it. Let me know when you find out something about it.

Old 04-02-2011, 07:28 AM
I've asked Alex to chime in on the thread. He will have some good info.

Old 04-02-2011, 01:01 PM
christx997 is infamous around these parts
super nice, jealous..

Old 04-03-2011, 04:14 PM
JEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond repute
Nice... I would not have gotten a Cab but nice!

Jason

Old 04-03-2011, 05:40 PM
ScooterP is just really niceScooterP is just really niceScooterP is just really niceScooterP is just really nice
Very nice.

Old 04-03-2011, 06:32 PM
cesmorris has a spectacular aura aboutcesmorris has a spectacular aura aboutcesmorris has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by drsrock
Can't control the weather. Picked it up and drove it into a snow storm. As I pulled into the garage my son was so excited he snapped the picture and posted the thread.
Sunny day pictures coming after I put on new BBS-CH-R wheels, Techart III wing, and aero package front spoiler lip, later this week. The centerlock are cool looking, but for the track it is a pain in the A**, and not too many wheel choices at this time. I run 18" 9 front, 12 rear, and they just do not have what I want at a reasonable price. Good old 5 lug has a ton of choices.
If you are going to sell those black carrera sports, please let me know.

Old 04-03-2011, 08:35 PM
Misanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant future
First time I've seen GT2 seats in any other color then black. Congrats on the new ride!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My New toy! (GTS)