Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Sequential Shifter...anyone?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-11-2011, 08:35 PM
Mark GT3 is infamous around these parts
I am not sure if one is superior to the other. The Oakley units new are approx. GBP4,500. The ones I mentioned are being sold by a distributor who paid GBP4,000. I have asked what they'll sell them for and will let you know.

Old 04-12-2011, 12:57 AM
Glock Guru is a splendid one to beholdGlock Guru is a splendid one to beholdGlock Guru is a splendid one to beholdGlock Guru is a splendid one to beholdGlock Guru is a splendid one to beholdGlock Guru is a splendid one to beholdGlock Guru is a splendid one to behold
Well there ya go. That's all the 411 you need. Get out your check book.

It's not for everyone, but it adds a margin of safety to the shifting process. Plus it's much cheaper then a trans rebuild on an over rev.

Do yourself a favor, don't go cheap on it. Have a qualified shop do the install that knows the unit. If your on southern Cali, have RSS do it and if your in north Cali have Shark Werks do it.

If you can afford the unit, you can have it installed by someone who has done it many times.

-Troy

Old 04-12-2011, 01:06 AM
Mark GT3 is infamous around these parts
Amy I've sent you an email regarding the "slightly used" unit.

Old 04-12-2011, 08:12 AM
shtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud of
How much does the complete system weigh, if anyone knows?

Old 04-12-2011, 02:12 PM
daedton is infamous around these parts
Is that the net weight gain? You effectively lose whatever weight you're originally taking out and then add back in. So is the net gain +12lbs?

11 RS
07 RS
98 C2S
97 C4S
77 911S

Old 04-12-2011, 02:22 PM
Glock Guru is a splendid one to beholdGlock Guru is a splendid one to beholdGlock Guru is a splendid one to beholdGlock Guru is a splendid one to beholdGlock Guru is a splendid one to beholdGlock Guru is a splendid one to beholdGlock Guru is a splendid one to behold
You gain 12lbs. However if you install a Shark Werks Race Exhaust you could loose over 50lbs. They do make a good combo.

-Troy

Old 04-13-2011, 10:57 AM
10GT3 is infamous around these parts10GT3 is infamous around these parts
in my case, i gained the 12lbs, but lost 24.5lbs with a tilton light weight clutch/flywheel and lost 40lbs by removing the primary side mufflers and lost another 36lbs with wheels vs stock.

not too bad.

alan

Old 04-13-2011, 11:06 AM
PJS
PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 10GT3
in my case, i gained the 12lbs, but lost 24.5lbs with a tilton light weight clutch/flywheel and lost 40lbs by removing the primary side mufflers and lost another 36lbs with wheels vs stock.

not too bad.

alan
what wheels are you running?

Old 04-13-2011, 11:23 AM
10GT3 is infamous around these parts10GT3 is infamous around these parts
forgedalloys/tech 110's. front delta is 7.17lbs ea and rears are delta 9.46lbs ea. sorry, that only adds up to a total delta of 33.26lbs not 36.

alan

Old 04-13-2011, 11:40 AM
PJS
PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !
forgedalloys/tech 110's. front delta is 7.17lbs ea and rears are delta 9.46lbs ea. sorry, that only adds up to a total delta of 33.26lbs not 36.

alan
very nice!
thanks

Old 04-13-2011, 12:28 PM
shtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud of
12 pounds is reasonable and I can live with it, and the reliability appears to be excellent, so for me the final decision lies with price. $6900 is a non-starter for a primary street car. $4000 is barely in the zone. I am going to wait and see how much my friend wants to sell his to me for. I am sure some of you would probably argue with me whether it is worth the money. To a lot of you it is totally worth it, just not to me.

Old 04-13-2011, 12:42 PM
Former Vendor
GTgears has a reputation beyond reputeGTgears has a reputation beyond reputeGTgears has a reputation beyond reputeGTgears has a reputation beyond reputeGTgears has a reputation beyond reputeGTgears has a reputation beyond reputeGTgears has a reputation beyond reputeGTgears has a reputation beyond reputeGTgears has a reputation beyond reputeGTgears has a reputation beyond reputeGTgears has a reputation beyond repute
I just want to mention that the increased wear on the synchros and the dog teeth with this modification is very real. We've had several customers need to rebuild their gearbox in less than 2 years of installing this shifter. Performance has a price and you always need to be willing to pay to play...

Old 04-13-2011, 12:57 PM
Originally Posted by GTgears
I just want to mention that the increased wear on the synchros and the dog teeth with this modification is very real. We've had several customers need to rebuild their gearbox in less than 2 years of installing this shifter. Performance has a price and you always need to be willing to pay to play...

thanks for the heads up. When my day comes can you guys upgrade the trans as well as the LSD?

-Troy

Old 04-13-2011, 12:57 PM
Originally Posted by GTgears
Very good to know! What should we expect to pay for that periodic gearbox rebuild? The customers you speak of, did they catch the wear during an inspection, or was there a catastrophic failure?

Old 04-13-2011, 01:02 PM

alan
Roger that, I have three sets of 18"'s myself and counting.

Last edited by Glock Guru; 04-13-2011 at 01:04 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Sequential Shifter...anyone?