Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Sequential Shifter...anyone?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-15-2011, 06:13 PM
Glock Guru is a splendid one to beholdGlock Guru is a splendid one to beholdGlock Guru is a splendid one to beholdGlock Guru is a splendid one to beholdGlock Guru is a splendid one to beholdGlock Guru is a splendid one to beholdGlock Guru is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by drkbrent
I'm loving this shifter! I understand the benefits with a tracked car; what about a street car? Any increase in the 0-60, 0-100 time? Is there a list anywhere of the US dealers?
If you want to check mine out drop me a PM. I can get you in touch with the guys that did most of the work of me 3RS.

-Troy

Last edited by Glock Guru; 05-15-2011 at 06:16 PM.
Old 05-15-2011, 07:30 PM
daedton is infamous around these parts
That picture above is my 11 RS Mexico Blue that I just picked up. I can tell you that Autoquest does immaculate professional work. Gavin and his crew are all extremely friendly and knowledgable about all things Porsche...and the specialize in GT3 work. Gavin is the real deal folks. Just check him out driving around Sebring at sequentialshifters.com. He also did my track alignment and trick new exhaust setup....lost 47lbs off the back! I'm getting the car this thursday.

11 RS
07 RS
98 C2S
97 C4S
77 911S

Old 05-16-2011, 06:45 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by shtfrbrains
No problem. Maybe some of the others on here can give their impressions as well.

The throw is just about what I expected, not too long at all. It feels about perfect to me. Mitch said it is adjustable anyway. The force required to shift is slightly greater than a stock shifter, so it requires a positive but smooth amount of force. I am sure that accounts for the size/length of the lever. There is still a "feel" of the transmission, so different gears and RPM's are easier than others, and subsequently require slightly more, or less force. Upshifting has a very consistent feel. Regardless, it does not slam the transmission into the next gear, but moves it, with some feel to it.

The gear display is really cool. There are no wires or anything like that exposed, and the bright LED number-display looks totally race. I love it. A bright green LED comes on to confirm you are in neutral. I elected not to anodize the shift-lever black, but to leave it in it's original brushed aluminum finish. I am glad I did, because in the GT2 it matches perfectly the other tasteful brushed aluminum pieces in the ****pit.

That is all I can think of for now. If you have any other specific questions, just ask.
Congrats on the new shifter...what an awesome upgrade!! I like the way my GT2 shifts with the RS box and motorsport linkage, LWFW, and driveline...I could pnly imagine how awesome it would be with a SQ shifter...

We gotta meet up sometime...would love to check out the car and the new shifter bud

Old 05-16-2011, 06:59 PM
shtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by sunir
Congrats on the new shifter...what an awesome upgrade!! I like the way my GT2 shifts with the RS box and motorsport linkage, LWFW, and driveline...I could pnly imagine how awesome it would be with a SQ shifter...

We gotta meet up sometime...would love to check out the car and the new shifter bud
Yes! I will drop you a line if I can make it up there with my car. It's tough because I have a 60-day work trip coming up next month, and it seems that the only weather forecast lately is rain. ....oh yeah, I almost forgot I also have a newborn baby at home! That little superstar is wearing me out!

Old 05-17-2011, 06:00 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
Yes! I will drop you a line if I can make it up there with my car. It's tough because I have a 60-day work trip coming up next month, and it seems that the only weather forecast lately is rain. ....oh yeah, I almost forgot I also have a newborn baby at home! That little superstar is wearing me out!
no prob buddy congrats on the bambino...

I go down to VA beach a couple of times a year...maybe could stop over one of those times...

Old 05-17-2011, 06:19 PM
shtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud of
no prob buddy congrats on the bambino...

I go down to VA beach a couple of times a year...maybe could stop over one of those times...
Sounds good bro!

Old 05-17-2011, 06:50 PM
Sounds good bro!
would be even more tempted when you have your garage lift set up!!!! hahaha ...that's so badass bro!!!

Old 05-18-2011, 03:08 PM
Mark GT3 is infamous around these parts
I have just installed one of these on my 996 Cup car and I raced it for the first time last weekend in sprint and endurance races. It's fantastic and I absolutely loved it! Now my RS is having one installed as well. These sequential units are a great upgrade to both cars and I wouldn't be without it.

Old 05-18-2011, 03:15 PM
Glock Guru is a splendid one to beholdGlock Guru is a splendid one to beholdGlock Guru is a splendid one to beholdGlock Guru is a splendid one to beholdGlock Guru is a splendid one to beholdGlock Guru is a splendid one to beholdGlock Guru is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Mark GT3
I have just installed one of these on my 996 Cup car and I raced it for the first time last weekend in sprint and endurance races. It's fantastic and I absolutely loved it! Now my RS is having one installed as well. These sequential units are a great upgrade to both cars and I wouldn't be without it.

I will be installing one in my 4.0RS also. the one in my 3.8RS only has 2000 miles total, but works like a champ.

-Troy

Old 05-18-2011, 03:34 PM
wow looks like great feedback .... maybe I'll wait and see how this thing works on shtfrbrains car first sicne we both have 996 GT2 will give a better idea than it would on a GT3 or GT3 RS...

Old 05-18-2011, 03:49 PM
Originally Posted by Mark GT3
I love hearing things like that! Do you have any pictures of your cars?

Old 05-18-2011, 03:52 PM
wow looks like great feedback .... maybe I'll wait and see how this thing works on shtfrbrains car first sicne we both have 996 GT2 will give a better idea than it would on a GT3 or GT3 RS...
This same shifter was in my car when it raced in the Targa Newfoundland. He removed it to sell the car, but he loved it, and did nothing but rave about it. I eventually negotiated a buy back to have it re-installed. I think it is one of the ultimate mods for Porsche GT cars.

Old 05-20-2011, 12:31 AM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
I keep meaning to try one out on the 3. I remember installing one a few years ago and it was pretty slick.