Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Sequential Shifter...anyone?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-10-2011, 09:06 PM
shtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud of
Sequential Shifter...anyone?

Does anyone have any experience with these sequential shifter set-ups:

If so, I would love to hear your impressions.

http://www.sequentialshifters.com/

Old 04-11-2011, 05:26 AM
Mark GT3 is infamous around these parts
I have one of the Oakley Design sequential shifters but its still in the box. From my research these units work great, either on the street or track. One of these days I'll get around to installing it on either the RS or Cup. If you are interested I know where there are a couple of Oakley shifters that only have 3 hours on them. A change in regulations meant they could not be used.

Old 04-11-2011, 07:20 AM
shtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Mark GT3
I have one of the Oakley Design sequential shifters but its still in the box. From my research these units work great, either on the street or track. One of these days I'll get around to installing it on either the RS or Cup. If you are interested I know where there are a couple of Oakley shifters that only have 3 hours on them. A change in regulations meant they could not be used.
Thanks! My friend that I bought my GT2 from still has the SQS shifter and offered it to me. I am seriously considering it, because I have aways thought sequential shifting was a superior method. My car will be used mainly on the street, so my biggest concern is reliability. I am not familiar with the Oakley system. I will check it out. Are the Oakley shifters superior to the SQS? What should I expect to pay for the Oakley with three hours on it you spoke of?

Old 04-11-2011, 07:51 AM
Glock Guru is a splendid one to beholdGlock Guru is a splendid one to beholdGlock Guru is a splendid one to beholdGlock Guru is a splendid one to beholdGlock Guru is a splendid one to beholdGlock Guru is a splendid one to beholdGlock Guru is a splendid one to behold
http://www.sequentialshifters.com/ Here you go. The are the importer and SQS is the manufacture NOT Oakley. Oakley just did a private label on the unit.

Yes they are great, yes they are $$$$, yes you still need to use the clutch for up and down shifts. In a nut shell it is a fancy shifter that will prevent you from doing a mechanical shifting over revs. it offers a very firm but secure shifting feel. It also offers faster down shifts IMO.

RSS installed mine on the "Colonel" project. Other guys on the forum have they and may chime in. I know of one guy that has over 15k street miles on his and still works like a champ.

Old 04-11-2011, 08:45 AM
PJS
PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !
how much are they roughly?

Old 04-11-2011, 09:01 AM
Glock Guru is a splendid one to beholdGlock Guru is a splendid one to beholdGlock Guru is a splendid one to beholdGlock Guru is a splendid one to beholdGlock Guru is a splendid one to beholdGlock Guru is a splendid one to beholdGlock Guru is a splendid one to behold
North of 5k plus install. A qualified dealer would be the ones to talk to if you are serious about getting one. RSS has installed many of them and know the product well.

Old 04-11-2011, 09:03 AM
PJS
PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !
thank you GG

Old 04-11-2011, 09:31 AM
Glock Guru: I notice in your pictures your steering wheel. Are those shift buttons?

Old 04-11-2011, 10:41 AM
10GT3 is infamous around these parts10GT3 is infamous around these parts
i have had mine on my .2 gt3 for 20,000 miles, both street (primary) and track. love it. eliminates missed shifts, faster, solid feel and rather trick. i demo'd mine for glock guru prior to his install and he went forward, and as noted above, loves it. not cheap but worth it in my opinion. rss also did my install and would recommend them.

and for your ego, it gets tremendous interest, street or track. lots of looky-loos.

alan

Old 04-11-2011, 11:02 AM
Originally Posted by 10GT3
i have had mine on my .2 gt3 for 20,000 miles, both street (primary) and track. love it. eliminates missed shifts, faster, solid feel and rather trick. i demo'd mine for glock guru prior to his install and he went forward, and as noted above, loves it. not cheap but worth it in my opinion. rss also did my install and would recommend them.

and for your ego, it gets tremendous interest, street or track. lots of looky-loos.

alan
It is definitely eye-catching, and looks very serious! I have always thought it was a superior concept for performance.

Old 04-11-2011, 01:42 PM
PJS
if heavily used on the track, does it accelerate wear on the gearbox?

Old 04-11-2011, 02:06 PM
Originally Posted by PJS
if heavily used on the track, does it accelerate wear on the gearbox?

Thus far for me I would say no. However my can only has 1700 miles on it and 500 are track miles.

-Troy

Old 04-11-2011, 02:14 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Troy is that going to cost you a penalty for NASA TT?

Old 04-11-2011, 06:18 PM
No it will not because it is only a shifter, not a transmission. The trans is OEM and you still need to use the clutch for all up shifts and down shifts.

-Troy

Old 04-11-2011, 07:30 PM
daedton is infamous around these parts
Glock Guru, I noticed you had the shifter powder coated matt black? I'm about to get one of these for my Mexico Blue 3RS.2 as well. I think I'm going to powder coat the ball matt black as well. Any problems with doing that? I'm solely tracking my RS so I know this will add a lot of fun to the shifting factor!

11 RS Mexico
07 RS Orange
98 C2S Silver
97 C4S White
77 911S Black

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Sequential Shifter...anyone?